Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trader Sams Enchanted Tiki Room- Disneyland Hotel

Anyone tried it yet? Is it worth the walk over to the hotel?

• Minion

Re: Trader Sams Enchanted Tiki Room- Disneyland Hotel

I haven't tried it, but many members on here say that it's great. Not only is the atmosphere very cool, but the food and drinks are very good also. I'm making it a priority this week to go down for lunch and try it for myself because of all the positive reviews it has gotten.

• Banned User

What Ive always wondered is why its themed to the Tiki Room if its called Trader Sam's? Isnt Trader Sam the head hunter from the Jungle Cruise? just kind of confusing. =/

at any rate, I heard its alot of fun!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

^I heard the same. We're going to try it for our anniversary trip in August. Fitting for our 13th anniversary.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

It's definitely worth it! It is really really cool for a theme bar. The bar food is really tasty, and the selection of speciality drinks are delicious! As far as theme, it is sort of a combination of all adventureland attractions, with little easter eggs all over the place! Although the best part is ordering different drinks triggers different effects in the bar. When somebody ordered the "Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum" the whole place turned into a volcano, and turned red, with lights and other various effects. Truly a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by Theflyingtire View Post
    It's definitely worth it! It is really really cool for a theme bar. The bar food is really tasty, and the selection of speciality drinks are delicious! As far as theme, it is sort of a combination of all adventureland attractions, with little easter eggs all over the place! Although the best part is ordering different drinks triggers different effects in the bar. When somebody ordered the "Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum" the whole place turned into a volcano, and turned red, with lights and other various effects. Truly a good time!
    Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum Drink does not cause that to happen. Just in case someone orders it thinking it does.

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

How late is it open?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

After reading about it on here we took a walk over from our hotel The Desert Inn the day before we went to Disney.

It did not disappoint, probably the most fun I've had at a bar and I rarely ever drink

Ordered the Ka-Blue-Ee myself. Fit the tropic atmosphere quite nicely, and the bar gets a surprise if people order from the first page of signature drinks.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain1974 View Post
    Anyone tried it yet? Is it worth the walk over to the hotel?
    Have not tried it yet. Heard good reviews though..

Tried it twice. Had poor service both times.

I miss the Lost Bar and its ease of getting drinks for oneself at the bar, rather than waiting 20 minutes to order one... and then get it 30 minutes after that.

• Minion

I do have one question:

Can you go to the bar just for lunch? I'm not 21, so would there be tables for me and my family to sit at that are not at the bar itself?

• punkndrublic

It is an awesome bar, the atmosphere alone is fraking rad!! Order the pupu (sp) it gives you a sample of almost everything, also I figured out you can order from the Tangaroa Terrace and they'll bring you the food from there too. And totally experiment with all the drinks to see all the schweet effects.
    Open the blast doors, open the blast doors!

• Artistic integrity

I don't think it's called "Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Room" ... I think just "Trader Sams".

You won't be disappointed ... but a few tips I would give everyone:

Unlike most bars that have a "queue" spot to order your drinks. You have to lean over people sitting at the bar stools to order your drink. I don't like that at all. And I would like to make a formal suggestion to make that change. Best thing to do ... take a seat outside .. and wait for a waiter or waitress to come by and place your order.

Also .. for being so small inside ... It is so incredibly noisy ... your only way to have a conversation with your friends .. is to SCREAM into their ears! So ... again ... take a seat outside .. and order your drink.

One more thing .... there's a lounge area just outside the steps to Trader Sams .. with an open fireplace .......... WARNING ... this is a place for SMOKERS. So .. if you cannot take the nicotine at all (like me) stay clear of it.

But if you can ... do stand around inside for a few minutes to soak in the theming. The room "erupts" for a few seconds which is cool. It's not just for ordering a drink .. it happens every few minutes anyway.

But .. sitting outside the main doors has it's advantages ... with the torches and soft instrumental "mood" music playing.

enjoy
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 07-10-2011 at 09:15 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Stayed at the Hotel not too long ago and stopped in just to give it a peek. Very nice theming. Although we did not order anything, the next time we go I am sure we will. I have heard positive reviews from quite a few people on here, so I suggest everyone goes and tries it.

So I ended up going there last night around 7pm. Had a great time. Spent about $60 + tip for 4 drinks and 2 appetizers. As someone stated above, the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum DOES NOT start the volcano (not sure which drink does, but it happened once while we were there).. I should know, I had 2 of them! However, when someone orders the Shipwreck, it does cause a very incredible shipwreck scene to happen (we were lucky to be sitting at the bar right in front of it)... I also thought it was cool that there are "unlucky" stools at the bar. I'll let you figure that one out on your own. The only food we tried was the Pork/Cheese flat bread. So good we ordered another one! I thought the service was pretty good. Will definitaly be going back... Tiki bars have a habit of coming and going... so I'm going to enjoy this one while I can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast