The old Jungle Cruise. A classic attraction with elements that have since been lost in memory. Only few videos, pictures, drawings, and memories remain which is why I want to gather as much information from pre-Indiana Jones Jungle Cruise as possible. Here is all that I know. Please add-on to it and feel free to put in any information that you know. Correct me if I'm wrong on some of these things.
Jungle Cruise 1955
- Loading Dock
- Ancient Shrine: Featured Buddha, spiders, a giant ruby guarded by a cobra, some monkeys, and a giant python.
- Crocodiles: Three crocodiles/alligators (They look more like alligators) attacked the boats from behind a rock.
- Giraffes: A pair of giraffes watched boats go by from behind some trees.
- Rhinos: Baby rhinos ran around in the tall grass as their mom snorted and lifted her horn.
- Water Buffalo: Some water buffalo swam in the water.
- Bull Elephant: The bull elephants were in front of Schweitzer Falls, not after it. They were much bigger than the ones we have now.
- Schweitzer Falls
- Lion: A snarling male lion.
- Headhunters: There was no village. A few skulls appeared in the foliage while headhunters poked their heads in and out of the bushes. "Danger is lurking behind every log." There was a hut somewhere.
- Backside of Water
- Rapids of Kilmanjaro
- Gorillas: Two gorillas moved their arms around and growled.
- Return to Civilization