• Insomniac

How long will the lines at Disneyland Resort be during the D23 Expo this year?

My cousin recently booked hotels for our first trip to Disneyland Resort in August. He unknowingly booked them during the D23 Expo. I am not going to attend the expo but I am wondering what the lines at Disneyland/ DCA were like previous years during the expo. What kind of lines should I expect for my trip this year?
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Artistic integrity

Re: How long will the lines at Disneyland Resort be during the D23 Expo this year?

If I may ... I'm going to take a wild guess here. Those conventions probably pull in 1,000 people?? Maybe 2 ?

Then ... it's the middle of the Crowded Summer Season .. anyway. So ... I can't see how the D23 convention is going to make a difference .. in any way .. to the already long lines in DL and DCA.

• Minion

Re: How long will the lines at Disneyland Resort be during the D23 Expo this year?

Not to mention the weekend of the D23 Expo is also the same weekend that the SoCal and SoCalSelect become unblocked for the rest of the summer.

Needless to say, it'll be packed.

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

No matter what it'll be packed but no worries I won't go over there to add to the crowds cos I'll be busy at D23

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Dont care I'll still be going to the parks before D23 in the morning

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

During the day, probably won't make much difference as any extra people will be at Expo. At night maybe. Depends on if their passes are blocked or not, and if they are blocked if they want to spend the extra money for the block out pass. Me... Saturday when I'm blocked I'm going to be hanging out at Trader Sam's instead.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    If I may ... I'm going to take a wild guess here. Those conventions probably pull in 1,000 people?? Maybe 2 ?

Then ... it's the middle of the Crowded Summer Season .. anyway. So ... I can't see how the D23 convention is going to make a difference .. in any way .. to the already long lines in DL and DCA.
    I thought the Expo was a bigger deal than that. Thanks!

Not to mention the weekend of the D23 Expo is also the same weekend that the SoCal and SoCalSelect become unblocked for the rest of the summer.

Needless to say, it'll be packed.
    Oh crap... That is way more of a concern than the Expo for sure. Oh well Disneyland is fun even if there are 2 hour lines. I just wish my cousin would look at the block out date calendar like I tell him to. Thanks everyone!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I thought the Expo was a bigger deal than that. Thanks!
    Disney doesn't release the exact numbers, but I think the last Expo was bigger than that. I didn't go to the last one, so maybe someone who was there can give better numbers.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There has only been one other D23 Expo in Anaheim, and that one was in September. They may be expecting higher expo numbers this year, since they scheduled it for a time that more people would be able to attend. So just based on one previous expo, in a different month, a pattern of attendance for this event has Not been determined.

The EXPO will draw some to Anaheim, but if they are coming to Anaheim for the EXPO, obviously they won't be in DL the entire time. That being said, I really don't think the EXPO will have that big of an impact on attendance at DL. And since August is already a typically busy month anyway, you should be planning for DL to be busy, anyway. My advise, "Hakuna Matata" don't worry 'bout it. Just go to DL, have fun, and enjoy yourself, knowing it advance that it will be busy

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatAlodie View Post
    No matter what it'll be packed but no worries I won't go over there to add to the crowds cos I'll be busy at D23
    Same here. We have a booth and will be tied up for all four days. Unfortunately, no Park for us.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    My cousin recently booked hotels for our first trip to Disneyland Resort in August. He unknowingly booked them during the D23 Expo. I am not going to attend the expo but I am wondering what the lines at Disneyland/ DCA were like previous years during the expo. What kind of lines should I expect for my trip this year?
    While there will be a bunch of people at d23... during the early hours, where most of the BIG content is to be shown, most of the D23 Expo Attendees will be at the Convention Center... I'm sure there will be a bit of an upswing during the evening times.

The Unofficial Guide has a entry about conventions, and basically while they suck up a TON of hotel rooms, very few people usually make it into the parks during them. Even though this is a Disney Convention, I'm guessing the rule will still hold fairly solid. It's a busy weekend no matter what. I think overall the D23 Expo wont change it up too much, if anything it may "spread" the crowd a bit more... think of it as a 3rd park!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

Word on the street is that the last Expo drew 40,000 and this year they are expecting 45,000.

Whoa....