• Jungle Book

4 4.04%
  • Other

6 6.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: New Fantasyland Attraction

You know....the 20,000 lagoon in WDW would have been a nice place for the little mermaid ride...and also I would like to have seen little mermaid...insted of Nemo...but lest just wait and see what happens

• Minion

Little Mermaid for the Motor Boat Cruise section. My choice almost went to Mary Poppins .. but there's no room for "Miss Poppins".

Interestingly ...... imagineering back in the 70s did come up with some basic concepts for such a ride in Fantasyland

.................... but then they built Toontown 2 decades later hence - no more room!)

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

KILL TOONTOON...MAKE IT CHERRY TREE LANE!!!! IT WILL BE BETTER...A BETTER USE WITH THE SPACE...oh sorry caps lock....

• Minion FOREVER!

Agree on Toontown, but definitely disagree about Casey Jr & Storybook land. They're one of the few things in DL that are completely ok for even the youngest kids (babies & toddlers). Also the lines in Storybook is pretty big. In fact usually longer than Pinnchio or Snow White. Of course, both of these are orig 50. Finally, the Storybook land is a homage to the Disneylandia concept from which DL itself is partially descended from.

Back on topic: I would vote for Beauty & the Beast or Mary Poppins because there aren't any other rides (in other MKs) that are based upon those. (TDL has the Mermaid walk-thru; is there a B&tB walkthru in Paris?) A "kiss the girl" based ride in Motorboat area would be neat though.

• Former Epcot CM

No Beauty walkthrough in Paris, I wish.
    A brilliant Aladdin w.t. in Adventureland though, off-topic sorry.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• What have I done?

I agree on the Little Mermaid attraction but not in DL in DCA yes! Something else should go into that Motor boat spot!

"This guy!"

• Gumball Rally Godfather

reclaim the area where the Casey Jr and Storybook Canal currently exist.
    Diorama area of train removed in favor of a view into TL and new London Town.

FL Skyway station, Casey Jr, Storybook, FL Theatre all reclaimed and overhauled for new expansion
    You're right Schucks, It is Blasphemy!!
    You lost me as soon as you said Disney should "reclaim" Storybook and Casey Jr.
    "Reclaim"?! What the heck is that? Double-speak for ripping out Disneylands history by the roots. You can "reclaim" all of that disaster behind Storybook called FL Theater and Toontown, but when you start going after some of Walt's originals, that's when the gloves come off.
    Flame me, I don't care. Disneyland is the only Park that Walt Disney walked in, and that means something to me and many others who remember Walt Disney.
    Storybook was one of Walt's favorites. He personally doted on that attraction. Have you ever taken the time to see how Ken Anderson seamlessly weaved the miniature buildings of Storybookland into the already existing tapestry of Casey Jr and the Canal Boats of the World?
    You can't go and tear out craftmanship like this and put in a "multi level complex"! Think of what a monstrocity like that would do to the scale of the Castle.
    I like the London Street idea, but remove the Diorama? Why? It's not necessary. Simply use the area between the end of the existing tunnel and Main Street to show the guests a teaser of London Street.
    Sorry Schucks, I don't like to dis your ideas. But Disneyland is "The Original". As more time goes by, hanging onto history and historical structures becomes more important.
    Yes, Walt said that Disneyland would always evolve, but I seriously doubt that he would remove a timeless classic such as Storybookland or the Diorama, when he could just as easily remove Toontown or Thunder Mountain Ranch and the Hunchback area next door and do something really good with that area.
    Thanks for listening...
    Last edited by Circarama; 12-07-2005 at 03:28 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Minion

tough choce but i chose Beauty and the beast...mary poppins was a very close 2nd

• DCAfan!!

I completely agree with you Cicarama. You have to keep the classics! Disneyland is the park that sets an example for all the others parks. You can't just destroy the history of that park (which has lasted for 50 years). By getting rid of something from the days of Walt Disney would be showing that the company has moved on with out regarding to the history of the company.
    I also think that the theater should stay for the simple reason that there isn't another major place like that where they could present shows in a "closed" environment. Maybe they should possibly re-work the theater for expansion room. And toontown is a place for the little kids who cant go on the others rides or along those lines. It is a place for them to go for a few hours to have fun. So, they would probably like to keep that part of the park. I really dont mind Toontown that much.
    But, I believe that they could expand into the current Big Thunder Ranch area and possiby expand into some backlot space.

-mickey2006

• Rainicorn.

I voted for The Little Mermaid -- it would be great to have a darkride ala Peter Pan (an overhead suspension track) so it would seem like you're 'swimming' through the ride.. perhaps on a oyster shell or dolphin back? If they did the effects right (not like Pooh).. it could be wonderful.

Also: I totally agree with Cicarama! Don't rip out anything old and classic... !!! FL Theatre is basically where I could see maybe 2-3 rides going!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Master of Disaster

theres plenty of room in fantasyland. get rid of fantasyland theater and move whatever show is there into a rotating schedule with whatevers playing in the hyperion in DCA. put in 2 new attractions there!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I said Mary Poppins, because it seems that Fantasyland is a place for classic, old Disney stories (not the Lion King).

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    ^ I would like to see them restructure the current Fantasyland, reclaim the area where the Casey Jr and Storybook Canal currently exist. Disney purists all exclaim "blasphamy" but hear me out. For the sake of the continued promotion of Disney animated films I think it is important in my mind to try to make a push to put the animated dark rides in FL.

Steps to get in this direction...
    *Start with TSI, restructure the island, 5 million dollar overhaul to rebuild the fort, retrofit the front of the island. Back end becomes new location for retreats, corporate events, etc. Includes rope course, etc.
    *Reclaim land from the west end of BTMR all the way to the BTMR-Ranch area and plan for new expansion and huge overhaul to the entire Frontierland area.
    *FL Skyway station, Casey Jr, Storybook, FL Theatre all reclaimed and overhauled for new expansion. Suggestions for the area include "Phillharmonic", all new darkrides based on cartoons are built here in new multi-level complex.
    *Motorboat cruise area demolished for Little Mermaid/Peter Pan attractions.
    *New multilevel entrance restructure for Matterhorn.
    *Harbor place Cast area moved to the recently destroyed Toontown, Harbor area and subsquent backstage area removed for the expansion off shoot street of Main St to London St, where new theatre plays Mary Poppin Stage show and houses the new E-ticket Mary Poppins ride.
    *Extra land from this area dedicated to future expansion of Tomorrowland
    *Diorama area of train removed in favor of a view into TL and new London Town.
    *Winnie the Pook ride removed. No suggestions.
    *Bear Country Jamboree animatronics moved to Grizzly River Rapids.

Cost 50 million, timeframe 15 years.

Some of these ideas sound good but you must be kidding with your last sentence. 50 million dollars, time frame 15 years.

You do realize that it would take millions more just to tear down some of the things you mentioned. 50 million dollars will get you nothing.

There is actually artwork for the following attractions that wer never built

Little Mermaid

Beauty and the beast (planned for Paris)

Dumbos circus

toy story

The beauty and the beast attraction was going to be spectacular. It was going to be a very elebarote show with Beast animatronics and a whole area made to look like the forest. People would enter the Beast castle and become engulfed with the enchanted characters in the movie.

Dumbos circus was orginally going to be built where the fantasyland theatre is now. right before the fantasyland re-do plans were made to move dumbo to that area of the park. The whole area would have built built to look like you were in Dumbos circus. There was two dark rides with several animtronics (inlcuding mickey mouse and friends animotronics) plus a few other themed attractions and shows based on the movie.

and of course the little mermaid attraction which would have had an overhanging clam that would go thru various scenes of the movie and then encounter a huge ursula animotronic.

Although i think alittle mermaid attraction would fit well in DCA i could also see it fitting nicely in the old motorboat cruise area.
    The outside facade could easily be made to look like the structure in TDS. With the lagoon in such a close proximity it would serve as a background.

If done in DCA it would fit nicely where pizza oom mow mow is with the majority of the attractions show room backstage. Once the old exit tram route was removed. the access road for backstage could easily be reconfigured and help reclaim a huge chunk of land now being wasted on that access road that is sued to send cars from the timon park to the parking structure.

A beauty and the beast castle attraction would fit nicely where the fantasyland theatre is. The lush greenery around it and a new pathway leading into the thunder ranch area. Not only would this add a new attraction to the area to help with capacity but would help the overall flow of people traffic from the west side of the park into the northen east side of the park. By reducing the theatres backstage area to just accomodate a smaller attraction backstage it would also leave room for another show room. This show room could be built large enough to house a new attraction that would have its entrance in toontown and replace the Donald duck boat.
    this entrance could be easily be rethemed to look like an entrance to a theatre house and the new attraction could be philharmagic (although i would prefer a dark ride based on disney classic characters)

Some people keep mentioning that they should use the old skyway footprint for an attraction. That little shack up on the hill really does not have much of a footprint. It is built on a mound of dirt that is partially hollow. Under the dirt is a very large metal acces tunnel. this tunnel is use to go from the backstage of the park to the gates that are in thundermountain pass. next to the gift cart and restrooms.
    The skyway queue could basically only be used as another queue with an attraction building built on the only opened land next to it. (thunder ranch) But why would you create a queue entrance into an attraction next to one of the most crowded areas of the park. only reason to do that would be to keep the attraction in fantasyland.

Instead the thunder ranch area including the stage facility and farm plus circle "d" and a few areas of bacjstage could be used to create a large new addition to frontierland or even a new land of its own. This land could then easily have access from thunder ranch road and maybe even toontown. With the proper re-organization of one access road (same road that leads into the tunnel i mentioned) and a small building a pathway could be opened so that people could enter toontown thru the unsued chip and dale acorn crawl. Again not only with this add space to Disneyland and its capacity but open up a new access point from the west part of the park to the northern side and would eliviate the crowds that occur during parade times in "Its a small world plaza"

Basically even without tearing out old classics or complete lands there is areas that could actually house a couple more large "e" attractions or several smaller attractions
    Last edited by Baloo; 12-08-2005 at 12:56 PM.

My vote goes to Beauty and the Beast. I think Beast's castle would look perfect where the old skyway station is(if there is any room for it up there). Of course it couldn't overpower Sleeping Beauty's Caslte! Lion King and Jungle Book fit better in Adventureland. Mary Poppins and the Little Mermaid would fit in Fantasyland but I think Beauty and the Beast is the best choice. Of course one attraction I would love to see in Fantasyland that is not on the list is the Enchanted Snow Palace.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast