25 25.25%
  • Jungle Book

4 4.04%
  • Other

6 6.06%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• just the beernecessities

Re: New Fantasyland Attraction

Most...well pretty much all the attractions in Fantasyland are way too short, and in addition have interminably long wait times. Pretty much the only good ride is the Matterhorn and that could use an update. It would be great to have a really wild Mr. Toad (kinda along the lines of the Mummy at Universal) or even a fast and crazy Casey Junior, oh but wait I guess that would be Big Thunder.....

(Editorial note: I wrote this before reading Balloo's reference to the Little Mermaid attraction. Seems like I've tried to reinvent the wheel. Or at least the flying clamshell) I use to think that The Voyage of the Little Mermaid show would make a good clone for California. But one day when I was staring at a picture of the Jumping Jellyfish at Tokyo Disneysea, I realized what a great darkride Little Mermaid could be. The technology would be similar to Peter Pan's Flight - giant clamshell "cars" hanging from jellyfish "balloons". These travel through a fairly large and expansive undersea world. Scenes, characters and music from the movie make up the story line, but much of this is about atmosphere.

Little Mermaid was the breakthrough movie, the beginning of the new golden age.

The area of the current theater would be about right for this. Though I agree with those who say a theater is essential some where.
    Last edited by markedward; 12-08-2005 at 08:30 PM.

• Long Distance Imagineer

Personally I think Beauty & The Beast or The Little Mermaid would be good, so long as each represent their respective kingdoms. That's what Fantasyland was all about, the kingdoms from the childhood fables. It's also why I don't like the Finding Nemo theme for the subs in Tomorrowland. What does Finding Nemo have to do with the world of tomorrow?

Not to burst anyone's bubbles or anything, but I have heard from a reliable source that Disney is looking for "safe bets" by theming attractions after Pixar/Pixar-like movies, I'm figuring Chicken Little will be next, as they have a huge promotional balloon of him over the entrance to DCA.

• Artsy Fartsy

I've always liked the idea of a little mermaid dark ride. Or like Club 33 said a Kiss the girl-tunnel of live thingy.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

I think that Bambi Would be a good ride to put in fantasyland Land it is a disney classic and deserves to be made into a ride.
    Disneyland Rules

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

i would still like to See that merry poppins thing....THe only problem I see with beauity and the beast is having 2 castles in the same land...plus Fantasyland is toned more to a bulgarian/german village...beauty and the beast is french....

• The Doctor Is Here.

Jungle Book is the only one of those that really appeals to me.

• Long Distance Imagineer

The only thing I ask is that they don't distill the Sleeping Beauty Castle into a Princesses Castle. I am so sick of looking at cheap and ugly Disney Princesses junk from the movies and merchandising. To me each character has wonderful and unique qualities and stories, not to be intermeshed.

Just FYI, Sleeping Beauty's castle was designed as a combination of Bavarian castles with the sloping details coming from French castle influences to give it a fairy-tale quality.

• think happy thoughts

All I have to say about remodeling would have to be that the diorama can go in my book. As much as a classic piece of Disneyland it may be, it always frightened me as a child to the point where I had nightmares about it for many years. Its funny how those things stick with you because I never rode it again until more than 10 years later when I almost hypervenilated and did not know why I was so scared. The damn dinosaurs had scared me that much. Maybe I was just a wimpy child but I don't care.
    As for a new ride I personally like the idea of the Little Mermaid. As long as its done well and not completely cheesy then I'm a happy camper no matter what idea was used.

• Yeah!

Has everyone forgotten what it is like to be a kid?Adults have their big, fast rides all over the resort. Leave ToonTown and Fantasyland alone. Little kids love the short, slow classics and visiting the characters' houses. I can see building new rides in the empty space left by the Motor boats but tearing down Harbor point is not an option. Not all the rides are targeted for everyone. And I'm sure we can all remember the time when we loved the things that you now want to tear out or change.They are still new to the kids.

I'd love it if they made our Cassey Jr like the one in DLP. A fast paced single rail coaster that is tame enough for little ones but zooms around fast enough for adults to have fun. It looks awesome.

I would love to see either Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid if a nice space was found, and MBC IS NOT LARGE ENOUGH. Look at aerial photos, unless they want to remove the autopia, ain't gonna happen.

Personally I'd love an E-ticket Hunchback flume ride. You start of as the gypsy boat sneaking in, a drop takes you foward in time and you zoom around the Festival of Fools seeing funny scenes as well as Esmerelda dancing, Phobeus, and finally closing with Quasi tied to the wheel. You could have fun with the court of miracles, then the ending scenes are filled with fire affects as your boat takes you around the belltower. Finally, your boat joins the river of molten lead that is being pored onto the mob below for the giant final drop. I just thought this movie was sadly underappreciated and could make an engaging and dark yet kid friendly adventure.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango
    I'd love it if they made our Cassey Jr like the one in DLP. A fast paced single rail coaster that is tame enough for little ones but zooms around fast enough for adults to have fun. It looks awesome.

I would love to see either Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid if a nice space was found, and MBC IS NOT LARGE ENOUGH. Look at aerial photos, unless they want to remove the autopia, ain't gonna happen.

Personally I'd love an E-ticket Hunchback flume ride. You start of as the gypsy boat sneaking in, a drop takes you foward in time and you zoom around the Festival of Fools seeing funny scenes as well as Esmerelda dancing, Phobeus, and finally closing with Quasi tied to the wheel. You could have fun with the court of miracles, then the ending scenes are filled with fire affects as your boat takes you around the belltower. Finally, your boat joins the river of molten lead that is being pored onto the mob below for the giant final drop. I just thought this movie was sadly underappreciated and could make an engaging and dark yet kid friendly adventure.
    Great Idea...I sorta ran out of them...but yours is a good one...only problem.....One flume ride per park will do....I would love to se it as a dark ride tho
    Last edited by Hilsbro; 12-13-2005 at 07:30 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

If the attraction is based on a new or recent movie, when I saw "The Chronicles Of Narnia" I was thinking of definite "dark" Fantasyland attraction potential...Really enjoyed the movie by the way...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123