25 25.25%
  • Jungle Book

4 4.04%
  • Other

6 6.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

New Fantasyland Attraction

I think a new attarction in Fantasyland would be great. If space were available...what Disney movie or theme should the attraction be based on?

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: New Fantasyland Attraction

As much as I dislike clones, I think Disneyland needs to figure out how to get Philharmagic into Disneyland IF AND ONLY IF they replace HISTA with an actual attraction. I just think the movie choices are far too varied. And they could actually make a different version of Philharmagic for the West Coast.

Even though it has already been done in another theme park in Virginia, I would love to see a thrill ride/roller coaster based on the Loch Ness Monster or something along the lines of Maelstrom. Not a copy, but something similar.

• șoș Tom șoș

^ I would like to see them restructure the current Fantasyland, reclaim the area where the Casey Jr and Storybook Canal currently exist. Disney purists all exclaim "blasphamy" but hear me out. For the sake of the continued promotion of Disney animated films I think it is important in my mind to try to make a push to put the animated dark rides in FL.

Steps to get in this direction...
    *Start with TSI, restructure the island, 5 million dollar overhaul to rebuild the fort, retrofit the front of the island. Back end becomes new location for retreats, corporate events, etc. Includes rope course, etc.
    *Reclaim land from the west end of BTMR all the way to the BTMR-Ranch area and plan for new expansion and huge overhaul to the entire Frontierland area.
    *FL Skyway station, Casey Jr, Storybook, FL Theatre all reclaimed and overhauled for new expansion. Suggestions for the area include "Phillharmonic", all new darkrides based on cartoons are built here in new multi-level complex.
    *Motorboat cruise area demolished for Little Mermaid/Peter Pan attractions.
    *New multilevel entrance restructure for Matterhorn.
    *Harbor place Cast area moved to the recently destroyed Toontown, Harbor area and subsquent backstage area removed for the expansion off shoot street of Main St to London St, where new theatre plays Mary Poppin Stage show and houses the new E-ticket Mary Poppins ride.
    *Extra land from this area dedicated to future expansion of Tomorrowland
    *Diorama area of train removed in favor of a view into TL and new London Town.
    *Winnie the Pook ride removed. No suggestions.
    *Bear Country Jamboree animatronics moved to Grizzly River Rapids.

Cost 50 million, timeframe 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    ^ I would like to see them restructure the current Fantasyland, reclaim the area where the Casey Jr and Storybook Canal currently exist. Disney purists all exclaim "blasphamy" but hear me out. For the sake of the continued promotion of Disney animated films I think it is important in my mind to try to make a push to put the animated dark rides in FL.

Steps to get in this direction...
    *Start with TSI, restructure the island, 5 million dollar overhaul to rebuild the fort, retrofit the front of the island. Back end becomes new location for retreats, corporate events, etc. Includes rope course, etc.
    *Reclaim land from the west end of BTMR all the way to the BTMR-Ranch area and plan for new expansion and huge overhaul to the entire Frontierland area.
    *FL Skyway station, Casey Jr, Storybook, FL Theatre all reclaimed and overhauled for new expansion. Suggestions for the area include "Phillharmonic", all new darkrides based on cartoons are built here in new multi-level complex.
    *Motorboat cruise area demolished for Little Mermaid/Peter Pan attractions.
    *New multilevel entrance restructure for Matterhorn.
    *Harbor place Cast area moved to the recently destroyed Toontown, Harbor area and subsquent backstage area removed for the expansion off shoot street of Main St to London St, where new theatre plays Mary Poppin Stage show and houses the new E-ticket Mary Poppins ride.
    *Extra land from this area dedicated to future expansion of Tomorrowland
    *Diorama area of train removed in favor of a view into TL and new London Town.
    *Winnie the Pook ride removed. No suggestions.
    *Bear Country Jamboree animatronics moved to Grizzly River Rapids.

Cost 50 million, timeframe 15 years.

I really like these ideas. I wonder if Disney is thinking of this stuff at all...like the Frontierland expanision? Don't they realize that the BTR area is prime area for an expansion?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Aww Shucks: Storybookland and Casey Jr are not on the table for consideration.

Bulldoze a ranch, a Fantasyland theater, if you want. But you can't bulldoze a golden 50 dude! There's a reason the originals are painted gold.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Aww Shucks: Storybookland and Casey Jr are not on the table for consideration.

Bulldoze a ranch, a Fantasyland theater, if you want. But you can't bulldoze a golden 50 dude! There's a reason the originals are painted gold.
    I understand but plenty of attractions have come and gone that were original attractions in favor of new material. I wrote it as such for that the very reason of reclaiming that area to keep animated based dark rides from other areas of the park and maintain the status quo of the other 4 lands. Sacrafice 2 rides that get min. attendence, to keep animated rides in FL and perserve the park, pretty fair trade in my book.
    Last edited by ah schucks; 12-05-2005 at 11:52 AM.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

it may be a clasic..and do not start giving me bad rep...but Change is good...It would be nice to see all of ah schucks ideas implimented..and plus...these are just suggestions...don't go all crazy is someone suggests change...it might not ever happen...and if it did...it might be for the better..man

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

sorry...double post

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I personally would Love a merry poppins ride...something like a journey through the paintings in the park...The que line would be the Banks Home...and the entrence could be out the Nursery window...

• șoș Tom șoș

Oh I forgot the other ammendment I would make the new Nasguel New Orleans Jazz Band !

Use the Motor Boat Cruise for a Little Mermaid themed "Kiss the Girl" ride. It wouldn't really be indoors but certainly a "tunnel of love" style attraction that would be very nice.
    The Mur

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

I could see the logic in dumping one or the other of the Casey Jr and Storybookland rides. They show almost the same views, so dumping one and keeping one would work for me. But dumping both, eh...

• Minion

They need to build that Little Mermaid dark ride at DL, just sounds too good:

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1701
    http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1706
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

They should add an Emperor's New Groove Attraction. That would be totally cool.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast