• For Narnia and for Aslan!

Hand Stamp for Late Entry?

Hey MiceChatters On my upcoming trip, my familiy and I plan on entering the park after checking in to our hotel and possibly after dinner, making our first entry around 7-8 pm. Obviously we won't have hand stamps if it's our first entry for the day. Will we still be let in this late? Or turned away because the almighty yellow ink does not grace the back of our hands? Answers are much appreciated, as always!
    You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Hand Stamp for Late Entry?

Hand stamps are for re-entry only.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Just splashing around...

It doesn't matter what time your first entry is, as long as the park hasn't closed to new entries due to reaching capacity (unlikely on a random summer day). You'll be fine!

• Johnny and Me!

Of course anything's possible, and it could be very crowded on the day you arrive (you didn't specify), but in all likelihood there won't be a problem if you get there in the evening.

Thanks everybody for your help!

• Splash Enthusiast

anyone know why the handstamps are only checked half the time anyway and not when you're going from DL to DCA?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by starttodaybb View Post
    anyone know why the handstamps are only checked half the time anyway and not when you're going from DL to DCA?
    Lazy workers probably.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Handstamps are only needed for AP holders if it is expected to be a busy day (no handstamps were needed on the 4th of July.) They always check our regular ticket users for handstamps.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Just good enough

I would imagine that it's a non-issue if the parks are rather slow and not busy. I really don't know but I notice this whenever I go that most people don't check or at the very least its inconsistent.

As far as the late entry, save up your energy and start in the early morning next day. Maybe take a trip to DTD and catch a movie. I'd hate to go in that late and only have a few hours to enjoy myself, but to each their own.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ltlmrm8 View Post
    It doesn't matter what time your first entry is, as long as the park hasn't closed to new entries due to reaching capacity (unlikely on a random summer day). You'll be fine!
    Well.. summer can get busy, even at 7 at night because that is when most people do come to watch just fireworks with the kiddies.But if during the day the park had reached capacity then they won't let any new entries in.

It has been busy at Disneyland. Was just there for 4 days.They didn't reach capacity though,but overall it was busy... you won't need a hand stamp OP unless you are leaving DL and going to DCA or vice versa!

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Of course anything's possible, and it could be very crowded on the day you arrive (you didn't specify), but in all likelihood there won't be a problem if you get there in the evening.
    I agree with dfan07 on bolded!

hand stamps are only checked for re-entry guests with park tickets, AP holders don't need a stamp..unless it's a super busy day, but that's like once in a blue moon.

The first day we're using the pass is a Sunday, but we're going in the park much earlier now just in case crowds are heavy.
    APs don't need a hand stamp? Huh. I don't see how that's a good idea as far as capacity is concerned.

• socal native

Hand stamps are for re-entry. When your ticket is scanned it shows the type of entry, first entry or re-entry for that day. When your ticket gets scanned for the re-entry, the CM will want to see your hand stamp. This is the way of proving that the ticket is not being re-used by someone other than the original ticket holder. There is a scam of buying one ticket and then passing it to someone outside the park who then uses it too. When the ticketholder has no hand stamp, then the CM says no re-entry with out it. (There have been recent developments of DL printing names on tickets (see this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/154237-names-now-printed-tickets-cut-down-fraud-transferring-tickets.html) In the case of the AP ticket holder, they have basically unlimited entry to the park on that day (not withstanding black-outs), therefore, no need for a stamp. This is because AP pictures pop up at the turnstile and can not be passed on as easily to another person, although I am sure there is a scam out there for this too. However, the AP will need a stamp on days when the park has reached capacity. This is because the turnstiles shut down to new entries, period. Hand stamps have nothing to do with controlling capacity.