• Banned User

Question CM sign in blockout dates...

Does anyone know where there's a list of the days CMs can't use sign ins? A friend of mine would like to visit the park, and was wondering if one of his CM friends could sign him in any time soon. Thanks.

Re: CM sign in blockout dates...

I'm sure if he asked his CM friend, they'd be able to tell him.

• Nerd

on the CM website called "The hub"
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Mickey Ear Biter

My sister used to work at Disneyland and she said there were...she does not remeber the dates, but I would imagine they would special events and maybe some weekends...

The prospect of the long tram wait at the end of the day...

• Banned User

His friends currently working so we can't get a hold of him. We're trying to plan now as we have quite a few people involved, which is why I'm asking now instead of waiting til late tonight.

• DLR Cast Member

For the next 2 months, August 21 is the only CM blockout date. However, the policy is that the CM must accompany guests at all times, and enforcement is getting stricter - so don't expect your friend to risk his/her job by just signing you in and going back to work.

• Banned User

Wow. At all times??? I've never heard of that before. I wonder why they did that. Sounds a bit unreasonable to me. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up.

---------- Post added 07-12-2011 at 10:04 PM ----------

One last question: Does anyone know if CMs get a discount on Tix?

• Insomniac

My cousin works in WDW and he could get 2 people in for free but he was required to stay with them the whole time they were in the park. He also got us super discounted tickets but that was a few years ago and idk how it all works for Disneyland.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Wow. At all times??? I've never heard of that before. I wonder why they did that. Sounds a bit unreasonable to me. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up.

---------- Post added 07-12-2011 at 10:04 PM ----------

One last question: Does anyone know if CM's get a discount on Tix?
    There is no unreasonableness about it, the CM is taking responsibility for their guests if they were to leave and guests were to misbehave, break the rules, steal etc. the CM would be responsible for that activity. Which usually would result in a reprimand or termination. So to ensure this doesn't happen the guests will be accompanied at all times.

• Minion

Yes, there getting really strict now days. A couple months ago some idiotic cast member sold tickets that he could sign them in for to someone he made a deal with. The day came, the family waited to meet the guy but he didnt show up. The family was outraged and went to guest services and complained. But obviously Disneyland couldn't do anything since it was against the rules on what they did. So an email went out to all cast members. So now even with my grandpa hang a silver pass, he can't sign people in and just leave cuz there really strict!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    There is no unreasonableness about it, the CM is taking responsibility for their guests if they were to leave and guests were to misbehave, break the rules, steal etc. the CM would be responsible for that activity. Which usually would result in a reprimand or termination. So to ensure this doesn't happen the guests will be accompanied at all times.

Grown people having to be babysat is unreasonable. It's insulting and accusatory to the guest. Yes, sometimes people act up, but it's horrible to punish everyone on the assumption they'll do something wrong, just because a few do. They should trust that the CM will have good enough judgment not to sign in someone who could get them in trouble. If not, they deserve the reprimand most likely. They can do no more harm than any other guest. This is absolutely ridiculous.

• Disneyland Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    Yes, there getting really strict now days. A couple months ago some idiotic cast member sold tickets that he could sign them in for to someone he made a deal with. The day came, the family waited to meet the guy but he didnt show up. The family was outraged and went to guest services and complained. But obviously Disneyland couldn't do anything since it was against the rules on what they did. So an email went out to all cast members. So now even with my grandpa hang a silver pass, he can't sign people in and just leave cuz there really strict!
    Your grandpa can sign you in and leave you by yourself. Family members do not need to be accompanied at all times, just friends.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    Well this is all off topic, but it is completely unreasonable. A lot of CM's signed people in on days they were working and they would meet their guests when they got off work.

While a person stealing or misbehaving who had been signed in might reflect badly on the CM, it would in no way be grounds for an official reprimand or termination. In an extreme case you might be able to suspend the sign in privileges of a CS CM, but you could not for a PPT CM.