Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• ROFLCOPTER

Re: Disneyland ghost stories

Ohh! Disneyland Ghost Stories! Ive heard some, though have never been to Disneyland.

Theres a very intersting ghost story in the Haunted Mansion. When the attraction was being build, a worker heard phantom muisc from behind a wall. Thinking a radio had droped down there he listed for a station. But the music kept playing! Very Strange. I think he came back to check if the music was still playing and it was. Spooky.

The Star Traders attic is haunted I think...

Im not sure about the details, so dont quote me!!
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    so dont quote me!!
    I could not resist

• Baybeh!

I am up for this meet up for sure!

• Reaver of Souls

I'd also love a Ghost Meet! I'm working at the Haunt at Knott's though, so it'll be iffy in whether I can make it...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• ROFLCOPTER

Im going to Disneyland next summer and a ghost night would be cool if we could go to backsatge area ghosts (Haunted Masion, Star Trader's) ect.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• ROFLCOPTER

I got this Haunted Mansion Ghost story from Doombuggies com

"I had been a CM at the MK for about 6 months. Before coming to the Mansion I was trained as a Jungle Skipper. Needing the money (like most CMs), I would pick up greeter shifts at the Mansion. One night in July I was scheduled to close the attraction. It was a midnight closing so it was going to be pretty late when I got out of there. After chaining the main entrance, I walked inside to help with "walk-through". We do this after the ride stops to clean up and look around and all. We turned off all the sound, turned on all the worklights and went on in. Everything was fine until we reached the part of the ride known as "Seance Circle." When we walked in all the worklights were off, which we thought was odd, because they were still on in the previous show scene. Upon entering, my fellow CM asked if I heard anything. I said "Not really, why?" He then asked me to listen. I listened and heard this faint beating, like the sound of a drum. We were like, ok? So we kept walking and the further we got in, the louder it would get. We walked even quicker and got out of there! The minute we passed into the next show scene, the sound stopped and it was silent again. I tell you, it made me believe those stories about the Mansion being haunted...
    Spooky, eh?
    Last edited by Disneyphile; 08-11-2005 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    Im going to Disneyland next summer and a ghost night would be cool if we could go to backsatge area ghosts (Haunted Masion, Star Trader's) ect.
    Backstage unfortunatly would be off limits, but there is a few spots that can be seen from the monorail, autopia etc.
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    I'd also love a Ghost Meet! I'm working at the Haunt at Knott's though, so it'll be iffy in whether I can make it...
    Halloween Haunt I love that...I go at least 3-4 times a season, never gets old!!!
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• ROFLCOPTER

I remember the Star Traders Attic storie now! Some one painted on the wall "helter Skelter" very lightly on the wall. When they try to repaint it, it reapears!
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I personally like the stories of CMs (being alone, of course) for HM hearing the soundtrack being played backwards when they're trying to lock up.

• Sock Puppet

Ahhh yes! When they run it backwards, they get some of the effects going on sporadically (like the lights in the attic staying on), and the soundtrack plays totally backwards. The catch?

It's on CD...it can't be played backwards. Weird.

There's a lot of spooky tales about Disneyland, but the ones from Shadowlands you have to take with a grain of salt; a lot of them are total fantasy, especially the Haunted Mansion ones. (For instance, they claim a man fell through the hole in the floor under Leota's table, broke his neck and died. While there was a similar accident, he fell (and it's only like 10 feet or so) and broke his leg.).

-Adam-

• SuperDork

I have posted this before, but I like it so I will tell it again. I can't remember where I first heard of this, somewhere online.

I heard that there was a haunted picture in one of the Christmas shops in New Orleans Square. Supposedly the expression on the face of the girl in the picture would change and CMs working there had seen this happen often enough to believe something strange was going on.

So, last summer, my son and I went into the store asked the CMs and they said "Oh yeah, it is very strange", they pointed the pic out and we looked at it. There were three CMs in the store and one of them hadn't heard about it. THe other two went on to say that strange things happen around the times that the expression changes, etc. My son and I had a good look, felt a little creepy and left. I told him true or not, it made for a good story.

So, this past June when we were visiting we decided to go and see if the picture was still there and if it looked the same. We thought we'd take a pic of the "haunted picture" and compare it on future visits. Chuckling, we headed into the store. I couldn't find the picture. I asked the CM if she'd ever heard the story about the haunted pic....she looked really nervous. She started looking over her shoulders and whispered, "Yes, I know what you mean. They got rid of that picture." So I asked, "Why?" and she said "It was freaking everyone out!"
    So, I found it a little weird. If it was nothing but a story, why not keep it up and enjoy the small, extra visitors it attracted. But, perhaps it was distracting if too many people did what we did. Or maybe it really was haunted and they got rid of it because it really did scare employees......

Anyone know anything more about this??

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessRoland
    Ahhh yes! When they run it backwards, they get some of the effects going on sporadically (like the lights in the attic staying on), and the soundtrack plays totally backwards. The catch?

It's on CD...it can't be played backwards. Weird.

There's a lot of spooky tales about Disneyland, but the ones from Shadowlands you have to take with a grain of salt; a lot of them are total fantasy, especially the Haunted Mansion ones. (For instance, they claim a man fell through the hole in the floor under Leota's table, broke his neck and died. While there was a similar accident, he fell (and it's only like 10 feet or so) and broke his leg.).

-Adam-
    Are you sure it's on a CD, I could have sworn it was on more of a tape-like system.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• ROFLCOPTER

Some of the new ones are stored on a comp. but the Haunted Mason might be a tape.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=jenlynn]I have posted this before, but I like it so I will tell it again. I can't remember where I first heard of this, somewhere online.

I heard that there was a haunted picture in one of the Christmas shops in New Orleans Square. Supposedly the expression on the face of the girl in the picture would change and CMs working there had seen this happen often enough to believe something strange was going on.QUOTE]

That's pretty scary

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast