Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Insomniac

Re: fantasyland ride update

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    What is up with you and interactive queues? Disneyland doesn't need them.
    Notice the person saying this has the name of Ilovemegs. Notice that the last post made by this person was completely ridiculous. I'm pretty sure they are doing this to make us hate Meg Crofton even more.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Senior Minion

^ Bingo. When this sort of thing shows up on the forum, time to use the Report Post button.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Former Cast Member

I think by "skyway tower" the person meant the Chalet in Fantasyland where FanSky left on its trip to TL. I agree, it is a damn shame. That was such an awesome place to work during a hot summer. We got a great breeze coming through, you could hear the wind in the pine trees and the crew you worked with was great. I actually miss slinging buckets.

• I Love Disneyland

The old skyway chalet has been vacant far too long. And they've got to do something with the theater. I haven't been to the theater area since my daughter was little. They had some good shows (Animazement and the Pocahontas shows come to mind). And I love the Storybookland Canal Boats, but they need an update.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway - Walt Disney

• For Narnia and for Aslan!

Something needs to be done with those god-awful rails on Alice. Obviously they're not going away, but they're nowhere near anything asthetically pleasing. And I agree with a Storybook Land update!
    You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Hmmm...a permanent solution for the rails on Alice.

Maybe new effects in all the rides with all the new projection technology. What they did to Snow White and Alice with effects is great so I hope they continue that trend to all the FL dark rides. If budget wasn't an option (so basically what I wish they would do but never will), I would love for them to redo all 5 FL darkrides to be more on par with the sets and figures in TLM. I know the cardboard cutouts (*cough Mr Toad cough*) and figures that don't move even their mouths is nostalgic and everything but it would be awesome if al these classic could be a little more dimensional and stuff.

Storybookland would be great to update. It's one of my favorite rides in the whole park. I would replace Agrabah with Belle's village (how is it that acclaimed, Academy Award winning movie has almost zero representation) and keep the Cave of Wonders for Aladdin. Put in a little bayou with Mama Odie's house near the Old Mills and before Ariels for PatF. Also maybe a tower for Rapunzel near the exit to the Cave of Wonders or somewhere near the Patchwork Quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Goofy View Post
    Something needs to be done with those god-awful rails on Alice. Obviously they're not going away, but they're nowhere near anything asthetically pleasing.
    Thank you! I was waiting for someone to bring this up! Alice has been a construction site for over a year, but without any construction….

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    But the Matterhorn definitely would benefit from some new technology and better electronics and a better more themed queue.
    The Matterhorn queue is actually the best one in the park. The line wraps around the mountain, thus making the queue the ride itself. Nothing more is needed, it's perfect.

However, some new on-ride effects or even some music would be nice.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Blew By You

While not on the top of many lists, I wish the small world interior gets a complete makeover. It's an embarrassment to see all of the distractions (electrical wires laying on the concrete floor), ugliness (the American scene) and bad show elements (non functioning ceiling spinning wheel above the France can-can dancers) which are very very obvious. I would imagine 18 months can make the interior as pleasant to view as the exterior.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12