Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Idea

• I'm a Lutheran

Smile Random Idea

Just a random idea.

Tarzan's Treehouse is a cool place but is definitely beginning to show it's age, especially since the whole Tarzan-fad died down. So whynot replace the treehouse with the museum-like airship of Charles Muntz, the adventurer and villain from Up. To theme it appropriately to the land's time period (1930's judging by Jungle Cruise and Indiana Jones Adventure), the airship would be inhabited by a much younger Muntz, still in his "youth" (However old he is when Carl watches him in the movie theater as a kid). Inside the scaled-down airship (Crashed in the tree), guests walk past various artifacts from around the world (Such as the skeletons of imaginary jungle beasts), ancient statues, pirate treasure, etc. Some of these elements are interactive, providing a rather entertaining walkthrough. A map in Muntz's barely-seen bedroom (Guests look in through a porthole) shows that Muntz was headed towards the Lost River Delta in India, searching for the so-called "Temple of the Forbidden Eye." This kind of ties in the walkthrough to nearby Indiana Jones Adventure. He almost made it to the temple, but crashed a bit too early. Some of his talking dogs can appear while Muntz himself never would appear (I can't imagine him in costumed character form, lol) nor would Carl, Russell, or Doug (This takes place before their time, even if Carl was a kid).

Unless Disney remakes Swiss Family Robinson, I highly doubt the Swiss Family Treehouse will come back, which is why I have come up with another idea which isn't themed or based upon any movie:

Professor Marvel's Treehouse of Oddities. Professor Rolly C. Marvel has nothing to do with a certain comic book company; he is nothing more than an eccentric inventor with a hunger for all things weird. He's so weird in fact that he has built a half-organic half-mechanical treehouse in a giant jungle tree, making it a museum to showcase all his weird belongings from around the world. This would basically be an Adventureland reincarnation of Rolly Crump's unused Museum of the Weird concept. Some of the museum's exhibits include a conservatory for man-eating plants, the fossils of bizarre creatures (Similar to those in Muntz's airship), unusual contraptions and gadgets, and the "Hall of Sight," a corridor featuring various statues and paintings representing human vision. Two of the statues have had their eyes blocked however, a statue (Now just a head) of Mara and a statue of Medusa. Both have had their eyes covered by tape to keep unlucky guests from being sent to the Gates of Doom or turned into a stone statue themself. The main exhibit however would be Marvel's pride and joy - the last remaining dinosaur...which is actually his dog dressed up like a dinosaur...obviously this walkthrough would feature a lot of interactivity.

Which one of the two ideas presented would you prefer? Muntz's airship or Marvel's treehouse?
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Random Idea

If they have to do a movie tie-in, the Muntz thing is actually very smart and a good way to do the same sorts of oddities and vintage museum type stuff that would be interesting to see. Great concept, and I'd love to see the Museum of the Weird still be more "occult" based and be in NoS somewhere. Good ideas here all around. Here's hoping they might consider the Up/Charles Muntz tie in to make it more than just another cartoon movie highlight reel.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

I really like the Marvel treehouse idea. I think it may need a new name, since a lot of people could confuse it with the comic company. But I love how it's a modern take on the Museum of the Weird which could help revitalize a very dull attraction.

• Insomniac

I would LOVE either idea but if anything happens to the tree house it will almost 100% be character themed. How many rides in the last decade has Disney built successful that are not based on a character? They re-themed 4 different rides to make them so they have character tie ins in DCA alone. If you count TTH, BLAB, TLM, and NSV I can only think of one ride built at DLR in the last ten years that is not based on a character and that is ToT which is based on a tv show. If this trend continues, we will have an entirely character based resort within the next 20 years.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• I'm a Lutheran

Thanks for the quick feedback! I can't think of any attractions built in the last few years without any character tie-ins either...wow...there's the Sun Wheel, but I hardly consider that an attraction. And now it's tied-in with classic Mickey and friends. Let's see...Grizzly River Run? Soarin' (Tinkerbell is at the end as is Disneyland)? That's about it.

And if they did give the treehouse an Up-theme they would probably make it Carl's house instead of the airship...oh well...

Optional title: Professor Weirdstein's Treehouse of Oddities?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I would LOVE either idea but if anything happens to the tree house it will almost 100% be character themed. How many rides in the last decade has Disney built successful that are not based on a character? They re-themed 4 different rides to make them so they have character tie ins in DCA alone. If you count TTH, BLAB, TLM, and NSV I can only think of one ride built at DLR in the last ten years that is not based on a character and that is ToT which is based on a tv show. If this trend continues, we will have an entirely character based resort within the next 20 years.
    Which is exactly the problem disney is facing today. They keep on trying to please the kiddies, but they don't even try to come up with something original. That's what makes "classic" disney rides in the first place. Dumbo may be a popular attraction, but's its rides like POtC, HM, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Matterhorn and the Tiki Room attractions that practically everyone knows and remembers. And it's because they are original. Other than Splash, none of these classic attractions have any character references. It's a completely original attraction that you can't find anywhere else. And then you've got Tarzan's treehouse, and the nemo subs. Both re-themed old attractions that now have characters that apparently makes disney think it's more popular. Non-character attractions is what DCA needs most right now.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Which is exactly the problem disney is facing today. They keep on trying to please the kiddies, but they don't even try to come up with something original. That's what makes "classic" disney rides in the first place. Dumbo may be a popular attraction, but's its rides like POtC, HM, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Matterhorn and the Tiki Room attractions that practically everyone knows and remembers. And it's because they are original. Other than Splash, none of these classic attractions have any character references. It's a completely original attraction that you can't find anywhere else. And then you've got Tarzan's treehouse, and the nemo subs. Both re-themed old attractions that now have characters that apparently makes disney think it's more popular. Non-character attractions is what DCA needs most right now.
    I agree whole heartedly! My favorite Disney Park, other than Disneyland, is EPCOT because it has very few character tie ins! Personally when I first went I was pretty pissed that they did a Nemo overlay for the Seas. That was such an iconic EPCOT attraction that was ruined by the invasion of Pixar much like the Submarines in Disneyland. Just because something would fit the theme does not mean that they need to do it.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Banned User

Could we include a Russell, Dug, and Carl Meet and Greet at the bottom and games throughout the treehouse so the tourists are occupied in line

• I'm a Lutheran

ilovemegs, the reason why I didn't include a meet and greet is because of the attraction's time setting. Because it's set in the 30's/40's Carl, Dug, and Russell weren't really they way they appeared in the film yet, two of them not even born. Unless Carl is in kid form (Lol), he won't be at the bottom. And yes there are interactive features which can be considered games if you want to call them that.

• Minion

i like the up idea,but i would also like just a regular museum of oddities thing too

• Former Cast Member

Yes, a random idea. Very Creative.

I'd rater they remake Swiss Family Robinson though. I had the LP (that is long playing as in records for the ute out there. If you don't know what a record is go wake up grampa and ask him). I played that dang LP over and over. I so wanted to be Kevin Corcoran.

• Closed Account

muntz would be better, did I see this on a certain dream kingdom thread?

I would be pleased, but would probably die of shock if they brought back Swiss Family Treehouse. It should have never been removed only updated.

• We Go On.

I gotta say, if it can't be Swiss Family, I'm glad it's Tarzan. IMO, Tarzan was a beautiful, more sophisticated animated film and the Treehouse is nicely done.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    I gotta say, if it can't be Swiss Family, I'm glad it's Tarzan. IMO, Tarzan was a beautiful, more sophisticated animated film and the Treehouse is nicely done.
    Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the film.

I think the Treehouse would be better if it wasn't trying to retell the story of Tarzan. Had they eliminated the large, plastic figures and referenced the film in more subtle ways, then I wouldn't have a problem with the treehouse. In my opinion, they are "force-feeding" the story to us and it doesn't give that same sense of exploration and spontaneous feel that the Swiss Family Treehouse had. That's just my opinion, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast