Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

• The Legend Ends

Smile The Future of Imagineering: Season 1, Project 1

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land.”-Walt Disney

Today Disneyland is the second highest visited theme park in the world. But not all attractions can live forever. Let’s take for example, Indiana Jones. This is a must see attraction for many guests with a MASSIVE wait line. But, let’s face it the attraction isn’t exactly top notch anymore. It is in desperate need of a refurb. For your first project you must do a refurbishment for any attraction in Disneyland Park. Anything can be added, as long as it is realistic (ex. Adding an extra 30 feet to the final drop on Splash Mountain isn’t realistic). All additions and changes to the attraction must be explained in complete detail. Remember, concept art is worth extra points, but also helps the judges visualize your ideas better, maybe resulting in even more points

The current list of contestants is:

JerrodDRagon

Basketbuddy101

Stitch626626

Bendall

Uncle Scrooge

SkyReacher

DisneyKid1994

Hawk671

williamtheking

Tuppence a Bag

MousEars

IGotEars55

Right Ear

A113

CazzaCarroll

Dth316

And your judges are:

FantasiaFan

FrontierlandFan

Disneylandfan95

MANEATINGWREATH

Sam the Eagle

The rubric you will be marked by is:

Originality: /10

Creativity: /10

Realism: /10

Fun: /10

Detail: /10

Presentation: /10

Overall: /60

This project is due on Monday the 18th of July. You get 1 point for each piece of concept art limit 6. Good luck!
    Last edited by FantasiaFan; 07-14-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Re: The Future of Imagineering: Season 1, Project 1

Good luck, everybody!
    "Pretty soon he would be hundreds and hundreds of miles away on the great plains and deserts, and among the mountains of the Far West, and would see buffaloes and Indians, and prairie dogs, and antelopes, and have all kinds of adventures, and may be get hanged or scalped, and have ever such a fine time, and write home and tell us all about it, and be a hero."
    - Mark Twain, jealous of his brother, who was traveling west.

• Minion

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your entries.

That sounds tough! Is this that practice project you were talking about or is this for real?

EDIT: Is this contest only for Disneyland or can we do something from DCA?

• The Legend Ends

practice non-eliminations I have examples:

Indy
    Peter Pan
    stuff like that that are showing their age

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaFan View Post
    Indy
    Peter Pan
    So no DCA?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    So no DCA?
    Not this round. We are only going to be doing attraction located within the berm of Disneyland Park.

• The Legend Ends

DCA is under a massive Refurb so it may be best to stick with in DL like the rubric says.

of topic: does anyone want a google+ invite? I personally prefer it over facebook for privacy and stuff

• Stuck in 1993

Just trying to be clear on this; refurbishing means utilizing the same exact ride system that's in place, while maintaining the idea of the attraction?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bendall View Post
    Just trying to be clear on this; refurbishing means utilizing the same exact ride system that's in place, while maintaining the idea of the attraction?
    Yes. You are to add new scenes, effects, change scenes, fix things that are broken, etc. while keeping the ride system and idea of the attraction.

Everyone, remember that concept art goes a long way in helping us visualize scenes/effects/any other ideas you may have.

• Stuck in 1993

Awesome. Well crap. I suck with illustrations, but I may be able to roughly composite images. I apologize in advance for my amateur photoshop composites, I will gladly accept a half point if they are not up to snuff.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bendall View Post
    Awesome. Well crap. I suck with illustrations, but I may be able to roughly composite images. I apologize in advance for my amateur photoshop composites, I will gladly accept a half point if they are not up to snuff.
    Nothing to worry about. We are not judging you on your artistic abilities. As long as the art gives us an idea of what idea or look you are trying to convey, it will get the full extra credit point.

• The Legend Ends

ya, you have to keep the ride system but enhance effects, fix stuff, maybe improve the ride system (not change), new sound, new scenes or whatever

• Future Imagineer

Sad Re: The Future of Imagineering: Season 1, Project 1

Can we start? If so then here I go:
    Attraction: Autopia.

Autopia has seen better/ more futuristic looking days and this referb would help make it more futuristic. It would be renamed Hovertopia. It will mainly help attract older people to enjoy the ride, and not just parents with their kids, or teenagers looking for a race.

The Queue:
    The walkways will be enclosed with walls to make it seem like a futuristic walkway, leading up to the switchback area/ . It would recieve a paint job to match with Buzz/Star Tours kinds of paint job. The roof would become a giant dome that has projections on it, showing hovercrafts flying in the sky (with maybe an apperance by Holly Shiftwell from Cars 2) and glass projection (a piece of glass with a projecter near it) showing ramous places to go while your driving. Then you enter the pits, where AA robotic pit crew chief's giving you advice on how to win the race and their past experiences they had. You make your way to the race track, and there's two different version. If you go to the right, you'll have a high speed racing experience, mainly for teens and adults. To the left is the slow race way for kids to enjoy. Before you board, glass projection will show a preshow to show you how to operate the cars, and explain the rules. The statues from the car park would move to the enterance. An extended queue would be added to replace the kiosk and be themed to a futuristic garden.

The Ride Vehicle:
    The fast vehicles would be 2 person a futuristic Italian formula race car, the slower cars would look like the old ride cars but recieve a new paint job. The cars will hover with the technology that was used in the Flying Sauser technology, but inside the cars, and guest will be able to steer it. Each one would have a different design and a different paint job. Speakers will be installed for music to play while the car is in motion and for CMs to notify you when something your doing is wrong or the ride broke down. A hiiden camera in the hood will take your picture/ video during the ride.

The Loading Area:
    The big TV screen will be taken out. For the fast version, on the left side, there will be a plateform that rises under the veicle when loading/unloading and drops when the count down completes. On the balcony albove the ride track will be a huge countdown clock. Once the CMs give the all clear. You will hear the encouragement to push the pedal down. You will most likely do that but won't move. The countdown clock starts up the lighting sequence and then you launch off.
    For the slower version, the right side, the loading procedure would be like Autopia's where you just load on, and when the CM give the all clear, you can drive off (slowly).

The Track:
    The center concrete beem will be taken out on all the ride tracks. The fast version will have high-banked turns (like RSR) and all will have barriers(walls, fences, de-activators to stop then) to prevent crashes and spinning out of control.

The Ride:
    The ride will follow the same track as Autopia did, but will have banked turns for the fast version. The ads along the ride would be taken out and replaced with viewing booths for CMs to watch and make sure everything is alright. Asphalt would be placed on top of the old track, except for the off-road sequence, to make it look like a street race. When you approach this part, you are forced to slow down, but the car shakes when you go on it (on purpose).

The Finally/Unload:
    The ride will end in front of the unload station. For the fast version, the car will be required to stop once they pass the finish line, before the big turn to the loading/unloading station. The flags will wave to indicate that the race is over. The giant TV, from the old version of the ride, will move over the track and display the race results. All cars will have to wait for the other cars to start. Then you will procede to the load/unload area, the platefrom rises, and you will be able to get off.

The Exit:
    The exit pathway will have a checkered flag style painting on the floor and a blue-ish white painted railing. You will be able to see the race results with a better view on a couple of touch screens. You can zoom in and out, and select your rider picture and ride video, where you can also buy it from or save it to your AP (with a type of credit card swiper). At the end is the Winners Cup gift shop for picking up the pictures and videos.

Phew! Hope it goes great. Also, can I do another one, because I'd like to do a BTMRR one. Thanks.
    *Dang, I forgot that I counldn't change the ride system, Sorry. *

• The Legend Ends

well, they are due monday but wow! one in already! I am not going to mark it though so no one gets an advantage. If you want you can do another but only one will be marked and count just to let you know.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast