View Poll Results: Chicken Little-Based Attraction Coming To Disneyland Resort

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Invasion Of Oakley Oaks (3-D attraction to replace HISTA)

22 34.92%
  • Chicken Little Scores (hi-teck, interactive dark ride)

9 14.29%
  • Cluck Mobile City (Test Track type of ride)

3 4.76%
  • Chicken Little's Galaxy Trek: with Big Voice (Omni Mover E-Ticket)

8 12.70%
  • Robotic Cop Traffic Zap (indoor/outdoor hi-tech madmouse coaster / dark ride)

7 11.11%
  • Fish Out Of Water (Dumbo-like spinner)

1 1.59%
  • Sky Is Falling (Skyride related ride)

2 3.17%
  • Other

17 26.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Chicken Little-Based Ride Coming To Disneyland Resort

Now that Chicken Little has made in excess of a hundred million dollars in theaters and is a blockbuster, it goes without saying that Disney will continue to make much more thru video store dales (movies and video games0, and the sales of a wide variety of CL merchandise at Disney Stores and elsewhere. Disney is certain to imagineer at least one CL-based attraction.

Please, take my survey of the attraction you would most like to see at the Disneyland Resort (Disneyland proper or DCA). If you wish, you can select other, and/or post your idea(s).

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Chicken Little-Based Ride Coming To Disneyland Resort

Don't EVEN scare me like that.....The show was cute, and made oodles of money, but it WASN'T that good!!!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• that's right!

I don't think it's "certain" at all. The Emperor's New Groove made roughly $90 million domestically and I have yet to ride Kuzco's Krazy Rocketship or whatever.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Please, no.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    I don't think it's "certain" at all. The Emperor's New Groove made roughly $90 million domestically and I have yet to ride Kuzco's Krazy Rocketship or whatever.
    Ahh! But, as great as the Emporer's New Groove was, Chicken Little is Disney's first full-fledged CG kiddie flik. So far, Disney hasn't missed a beat in creating attractions that are based on each of the Disney-Pixar CG kiddie movies. Besides, Disneyland Paris is already getting a Cars themed ride, and rumors already abound stateside.

Plus, it seems to me that Disney would be admitting that their product is inferior to that of Pixar should they not create a CL attraction. Prior to Chicken Little's cinematic release, how many of you recall the overwhelming number of MiceChatters that predicted the film would perorm mediocre at best, if not flop? This certainly was not the case.

Thing is, the target audience (children) loved it. This is because it's a familiar story with a new twist. Odds are, many of these same kids and their parents (and plenty of other people) will want to come to DLR especially to experience a CK-based attraction. Oft times is the case that what children are crazy about is considered far below par for many adults.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-04-2005 at 07:10 PM.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Chicken Little would work better at DMGM. I doubt they would put him in DLR because the populairty for the character isn't there, even if the movie as a whole worked well. I don't believe that the merch sales are in line with the ticket sales on this one, but I could be wrong.

Stitch doesn't have a ride at DLR (and if they did it like they did at Magic Kingdom, thank heavens he doesn't.) I'd imagine he's much more likely to get an attraction before Chicken Little does. He is also probably a much more popular personality than CL is. What he lacks in ticket sales VS the giant chicken he more than makes up with in merch and visibility (regular timeslot on ABC, Disney Channel and it's spinoffs.)

• Senior Minion

I think they should do away with that theater altogether, and put something else in it's place that will actually last. Leave the 3-d experience for the Movie theaters. How about an actual ride, I voted for the Omnimover style ride, or Skyway type ride.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

How could you build a skyway type ride in HISTA....I would rather see that area be used for the people mover...Like it could make it an attraction...and this could be the area with the speed tunnel...or like one person said...Use Imax screens and surround the people...or the whole thing can be the new loading area...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Maybe you could be able to ride his big ole balloon head like a hot air balloon over at DCA.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Maybe you could be able to ride his big ole balloon head like a hot air balloon over at DCA.
    Perfect!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Make a freefall @ the end...lol...Oh the Irony there would be

• Senior Minion

They should dig further down to make the surround theater you are suggesting, if it is to be or even work. That theater is still to small for an Imax. But yes I understand about the Skyway not fitting.

I can just see it now just like the old ride, Loogies falling from the sky! Aaaackkk! And also it just doesn't work
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Just hopefully the balloon ride would still be held to the ground or else we may go flying well over the Interstate 5 and who knows where-else!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Can you imagine what it would be like if you are driving home one day and all of a sudden you see a big ol' Chicken Little Balloon head floating over you?

•   
    • Minion

I can think of anything I hate more than the concept of a Chicken Little ride...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast