• Disney Philosopher

Re: What to do with aladins oasis

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Tahitian Terrace (bring it back)
    I agree
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Minion

Can anybody think of something BESIDES tahitian terrace.I know it a good attraction but lets get a little creative here

• -

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Can anybody think of something BESIDES tahitian terrace.I know it a good attraction but lets get a little creative here
    I did. Black Panther dark ride.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

The area isn't big enough for a ride, and Adventureland is lacking a restaurant. Therefore...

This small nook would be best utilized as a small themed play area with either an extension of the Tiki Room theme (similar to the fountain tiki statue circle at WDW) or a Jungle Book theme. It would offer a respite from the tight crowded walkway that often makes Adventureland an uncomfortable traffic corridor. There is no room for a ride, seriously.

• Minion

Why besides the Tahitian Terrace? It fits theme, would be very popular for today's audience, and also retain the nostalgia factor for other guests. Why think of a big, creative solution of the best solution is right in front of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    The area isn't big enough for a ride, and Adventureland is lacking a restaurant. Therefore...
    Thank you!

• Minion

but theres other themes you can use besides tahitian terrace, not that it was bad

---------- Post added 07-15-2011 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Why besides the Tahitian Terrace? It fits theme, would be very popular for today's audience, and also retain the nostalgia factor for other guests. Why think of a big, creative solution of the best solution is right in front of us?

Thank you!
    im just tired of seeing the same post not many ppl are thinking of different thing. plus, the polanisian theme is not as big as a hit as it was back then.Think of it this way,if tahitian terrace was ABSOLUTLY not POSSIBLE what would be your second choice for a replacement

• -

Actually, it does have a restaurant, Bengal BBQ. Also, Riverbelle Terrace is just across the walk from the treehouse.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Mowgli's Tropical Canteen
    shishkebab meals, fruit salads, exotic desserts... just the bare necessities
    Kids encouraged to go to the stage and dance with the characters

http://fireworksland.com/misc/barenecessities.jpg
    Last edited by dland_lover; 08-07-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Removed hotlinked image, per MC policy

If I'm not mistaken, I believe they stopped the little Aladdin story telling show because, with only one way out, the Anaheim fire marshal had some safety concerns. Whatever they do back there, it needs to done on a small scale and promotes a safe flow of traffic to keep the fire dept. happy.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Just good enough

I like the Jungle Book idea. I think you could definitely have some AA's back there with the guests though that might appear to be too similar to Rainforest Cafe. Maybe a blend of Tahitian Terrace and a Jungle Book theme would be great.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Senior Minion

The Tahitian Terrace was a great restaurant for families and adults. They aged it down by toonifying it with Aladdin. A Jungle Book/Mowgli theme would age it down further.

Please, enough with turning Disneyland into a kiddie cartoon mall!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Greetings, Program!

Whack-a-Meg.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Minion

If Tahitian Terrace came back it needn't be a full meal and show (which doesn't seem to fit their profit parameters anymore), but it could be an awesome virgin tiki lounge with marvelous pupus and perpetual Polynesian entertainment. Seeing how well Trader Sam's has gone over, they should take heed.

Also -- I'd be all for replacing Paradise Pier Resort with a full Polynesian Village Resort of our own. Disneylanders love tiki!!!

---------- Post added 07-16-2011 at 01:58 PM ----------

So far as other ideas for the Oasis -- maybe ten years ago I went to the late DisneyQuest in Orlando and the item I enjoyed most was a "virtual magic carpet ride" through Aladdin's cave of wonders. Great animation matched the film and fun theme. They had it staged in little independent units that had to be wired up carefully with a headpiece for each individual - - so sadly, the way it existed probably would be impossibly useless in Disneyland's mass guest environment. But I always wished (pun intended) for a magic carpet ride like that at the park (not the ugly spinner).

If they could solve the staging for large groups, maybe a virtual magic carpet ride would be a good attraction for DCA's Paradise Pier (next to Mermaid, in place of mad mouse?) - - since "Arabian chic" was popular at the turn of the century and found in seaside amusement park architecture anyway, it could fit nicely... Maybe that could be a cool robot arm thing.
    Last edited by merlinjones; 07-16-2011 at 01:00 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VMK Fantasyliger View Post
    An Aladdin Flying Carpet Suspended Dark Ride.

It would be worth it if they had to some how move the Tiki Room and even amk Jungle Cruise a little shorter....but its not happening any time soon

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast