Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Re: What to do with aladins oasis

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    We ate at the Tahitian Terrace once when I was a kid, and I thought we were at Gilligan's Island.

http://storiesfromadventureland.com/...2010/09/tt.jpg
    Reminds me of my childhood trips to WDW and my stays at the Polynesian... OK you have another person here for the return of Tahitian Terrace!!!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 08-07-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Removed hotlinked picture, per MiceChat policy
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Move the Enchanted Tiki Room entrance to that side of the building so that it's located within Adventureland. Enclose the garden area containing the tiki gods with plants & rocks and make that door of the building the exit. Dress the oasis area up as a lush jungle extension of the Jungle Cruise. Knock some of the wall out between the two attractions so guests can see the JC boats pass by. AA birds and animals entertain guests in a preshow before guests enter the Tiki Room. After the show guests exit into the now enclosed area with the tiki gods where they could meet Adventureland type characters or Lilo & Stitch, purchase a Dole Whip and listen to the tiki gods before going around to the west side of the building to exit back into Adventureland.
    How's that?
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Move the Enchanted Tiki Room entrance to that side of the building so that it's located within Adventureland. Enclose the garden area containing the tiki gods with plants & rocks and make that door of the building the exit. Dress the oasis area up as a lush jungle extension of the Jungle Cruise. Knock some of the wall out between the two attractions so guests can see the JC boats pass by. AA birds and animals entertain guests in a preshow before guests enter the Tiki Room. After the show guests exit into the now enclosed area with the tiki gods where they could meet Adventureland type characters or Lilo & Stitch, purchase a Dole Whip and listen to the tiki gods before going around to the west side of the building to exit back into Adventureland.
    How's that?
    Sounds creative, but Lilo and Stitch don't really seem to fit into Adventureland to me. Ya, they are from Hawaii which is Polynesian, but they are from civilization, not some remote island tribe. If you want character meet and greets, how about Mickey in Indiana Jones attire?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Former Cast Member

With the popularity of Asian food in So Cal, the large number of Asian visitors, I'd turn it back into the Tahitian Terrace (although maybe not with that name) and have sushi, pho, Korean BBQ, some Chinese dishes (dim sum appetizers?), maybe a couple Indian dishes and the like.

• Minion

question since most of the architecture in adventureland is indian themed, what other countries have similar architectual styles.i was thinking nepal or tibet

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    question since most of the architecture in adventureland is indian themed, what other countries have similar architectual styles.i was thinking nepal or tibet
    Note that Tibet has been under the thumb for decades to the People's Republic of China it would be highly (and I mean highly) controversial to give the country any sort of cultural recognition by Disney. Basically, the cultural leaders of the country live in exile. With Disney ties to China in so many ways, Tibet would be off limits. Nepal is kind of the same deal but is sovereign and not nearly as 'hot' in terms of politics than Tibet. Mount Everest (Expedition Everest) sits on the Nepal - Tibet/China border.

Not the best of circumstances down there. India and Pakistan are bitter enemies. Bangladesh is mired in poverty beyond belief. Sri Lanka has been involved in civil war forever. Disney best stay clear and stick to the past when the British pretty much ruled everything. The present is much too volatile.
    Last edited by DisneylandTraveler; 07-17-2011 at 06:22 PM.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Minion

Ooo so what other countries could fit in adventureland

Ooo so what other countries could fit in adventureland
    Not exactly an adventure but something themed to Singapore would be a very safe bet. Most exotic Far East city that fits in with Western sensibilities.

• Minion

I really like the tiland culture

I really like the tiland culture
    Thailand is an interesting choice. My company has offices in Bangkok. Exotic - yep but they do have political coup's every couple of years. Usually the non-violent type.

• Minion

Yea a friend of mine went and he said it was beautiful.he even got to ride an elephant

---------- Post added 07-17-2011 at 09:14 PM ----------

Yea a friend of mine went and he said it was beautiful.he even got to ride an elephant

No more shows or eateries, Disneyland needs more rides. I have been holding out for some brand new rides for awhile now.

• Minion

ummmmm were would you put a ride in adventureland

---------- Post added 07-17-2011 at 11:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added 07-17-2011 at 11:03 PM ----------

in the spot of aladins oasis. You can do a lot with that little piece of land. A cool dark ride can go there or at least something. Just another attraction.
    Disneyland has not built an entirely new ride since nemo, and even that was the same concept, just different characters.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie140 View Post
    in the spot of aladins oasis. You can do a lot with that little piece of land. A cool dark ride can go there or at least something. Just another attraction.
    Disneyland has not built an entirely new ride since nemo, and even that was the same concept, just different characters.
    nooooo that space is way to small

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast