Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Future Imagineer

Armchair Imagineering: DCA Phase 2 Ideas

This will have ideas I didn't mention and some from other threads I did. Enjoy.

Buena Vista Street:
    nothing

Golden State:
    - Soarin' Over California, improve the video to not have the scene skips. Just have like go into the clouds then drop into the next scene.
    - Have Condor Flats become part of Grizzly Park, and retheme the area.
    - Grizzly River Run, add AA bears to the ride.
    - Add the Country Bear Jamboree along the pathway from Soarin' to GRR
    - The California Zepher Railway, the parks new transportation around the park. Two side by side tracks that stop in here, PP, and Hollywoodland. Includes two full size diesel trains (looking exactly like the CZ from Sunshine Plaza). The track combines at Hollwoodland and here into one track, but PP's station would be the two tracks and go through the Grand Californian Hotel to get to PP.

Carsland:
    - Wheel Well Diner, have the back of the rockwork facing PP become the restraunt from Cars 2 and have a view of both Carsland and PP. The enterance would be from the Pacific Wharf enterance of Carsland.
    - Maters Carstoon Spin, a parody of Roger Rabbit at DL, where you go through the different adventures Mater had in his Tall Tales. Would use part of Bugsland.

Paradise Pier:
    - Oswald's Pierside Flyers, a GZ replacement. Themed to the Ocean Hoppers cartoon short
    - enclose CS's queue, loading area, and the tubes along the ride
    - Polo Team Carousel, to add a victorian themed building onto King Triton's Carousel and to a play value to it (a stick will hang down from the horse and as the ride progresses, balls will go through a maze to each player's stick)
    - Villain's Lair, an indoor water coaster themed to the Disney Villains, that tells the story of the villains trying to capture Mickey and steal his magic. It would feature a splash into an extended part of the bay, and uses part of the Maliboomer site and the area behind it (and TSMM). Would be the spook house of the pier.
    - Crush's EACoaster, a GSS replacement. Uses the GSS area plus a small portion of the hotel. The vehicles would be like WDS's and will load 4 "shells" to increase capacity. Exterior would use more rockwork than WDS, and modeled after the Dragon Gorge ride (like LM, but with rockwork intead of the building).
    - redo the shops behind MFW to be in-theme with the area.
    - The California Zepher Railway, the parks new transportation around the park. The second station, be right next to CS.

Hollywoodland:
    - Camera Crew Coaster, an indoor spinning coaster that will be modeled after Primeval Whirl. The ride would include different props from different types of movies (a chain lift up a pyramid ski lift, Hollywood sign made of donuts, Indy boulder finally scene that takes you picture). To be in Millionare building.
    - Mickey's Philharmagic, a Muppet Vision replacement. The exterior would be modeled after an old, 30's LA theater building. Would use the TV's for a preshow. The ride would have different host and different songs/scenes.t
    - Toon Studio Tour. From my other thread. Would be behind Aladdin, but you enter next to ToT.
    - Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek. Update the exterior to look like the Monsters Inc. building w/o the current facade, and update the AA's and their dialogue. The ride vehicles would be like TDL's. The track would be the same, but the scenes would be barely lit.
    - The House of Mouse. A restraunt to replace the current Flynn's Arcade. Would look exactly like the building from the TV show, both inside and out.
    - Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers. The unbuilt E-Ticket dark EMV ride, to be between the House of Mouse and and MI.
    - The Backlot Studio Tour. Uses the area behind Carsland. Would include scenes from famous movies, a Hoth Battle and a Tatooine streets (featuring a sand storm) scenes from Star Wars, a Big City Set leading up to a projected TRON sequence, Catastrophy Canyon, and a Raiders of the Lost Ark temple scene.
    - Backstage w/ Magician Mickey, a redon version of the one in WDW. To be next to Mickey's Philharmagic.
    - Goofy's Candy Emporium. A candy shop for all of Goofy's candy to be bought. Back-to-back with Flynn's Arcade. Taking up the facade.
    - redo the Hyperion Theater's queue to be enclosed, and redo the the exterior facing the street.
    - The California Zepher Railway, the parks new transportation around the park. The station would be next to the RCT warehouse. The building would look like an 30's train station.
    Last edited by Right Ear; 07-27-2011 at 08:22 AM.

• Minion

Re: Armchair Imagineering: DCA Phase 2 Ideas

I want my Country Bears back lol
    I like the Villains water coaster idea
    Besides the park is lacking in the water ride department

• Minion

I don't think there is nearly as much room in DCA as you think there is. I don't mean to be rude, but sometimes, while Armchair Imagineering is fun, you need to be realistic. You are very creative, so if you set some boundaries with attractions, I'm sure you could come up with some excellent additions.

• Future Imagineer

I know DLR doesn't have that much room. But who says it couldn't expand its property. I keep a balance of the creativity and realisticness of my projects, but I mostly care for the creativity. Google Earth lets me see the land I work with and I've see alot of unused area in DCA. Like Villains Lair, for Ex, it would use up the area behind CS and TSMM (There's alot of room there for expansion).

By the way, thanks for the compliments, it means alot to me. (BTW, are you a Boy or a Girl? just asking)

• Banned User

Why do you call it "Hollywoodland" yet completely abandon the 1930's theme? The great thing about Hollywoodland that everybody wants is a sense of place and time. You've disrupted that with the loosely-themed indoor coaster, Philarmagic, Flynn's Arcade, Monsters, and Studio Tour.

I'm not a fan of plastering characters all over the park either.

And another question: You want realistic bear audio animatronics on GRR yet talking/singing Country Bears in the same land? Or do you want to cartoon-ify Grizzly River Run as well.

You're creative, but lack direction in what you want the park to achieve. Is the park's name "California" Adventure? Do you feel that you are enhancing the theme? These are all questions an Armchair Imagineer should ask themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    This will have ideas I didn't mention and some from other threads I did. Enjoy.

Buena Vista Street:
    nothing

Golden State:
    - Soarin' Over California, improve the video to not have the scene skips. Just have like go into the clouds then drop into the next scene.
    - Have Condor Flats become part of Grizzly Park, and retheme the area.
    - Grizzly River Run, add AA bears to the ride.
    - Add the Country Bear Jamboree along the pathway from Soarin' to GRR
    - The California Zepher Railway, the parks new transportation around the park. Two side by side tracks that stop in here, PP, and Hollywoodland. Includes two full size diesel trains (looking exactly like the CZ from Sunshine Plaza). The track combines at Hollwoodland and here into one track, but PP's station would be the two tracks and go through the Grand Californian Hotel to get to PP.

Carsland:
    - Wheel Well Diner, have the back of the rockwork facing PP become the restraunt from Cars 2 and have a view of both Carsland and PP. The enterance would be from the Pacific Wharf enterance of Carsland.

Paradise Pier:
    - Oswald's Pierside Flyers, a GZ replacement. Themed to the Ocean Hoppers cartoon short
    - enclose CS's queue, loading area, and the tubes along the ride
    - Polo Team Carousel, to add a victorian themed building onto King Triton's Carousel and to a play value to it (a stick will hang down from the horse and as the ride progresses, balls will go through a maze to each player's stick)
    - Villain's Lair, an indoor water coaster themed to the Disney Villains, that tells the story of the villains trying to capture Mickey and steal his magic. It would feature a splash into an extended part of the bay, and uses part of the Maliboomer site and the area behind it (and TSMM). Would be the spook house of the pier.
    - Crush's EACoaster, a GSS replacement. Uses the GSS area plus a small portion of the hotel. The vehicles would be like WDS's but 4 cars would be connected to increase capacity. Exterior would use more rockwork than WDS, and modeled after the Dragon Gorge ride (like LM, but with rockwork intead of the building).
    - redo the shops behind MFW to be in-theme with the area.
    - The California Zepher Railway, the parks new transportation around the park. The second station, be right next to CS.

Hollywoodland:
    - Camera Crew Coaster, an indoor spinning coaster that will be modeled after Primeval Whirl. The ride would include different props from different types of movies (a chain lift up a pyramid ski lift, Hollywood sign made of donuts, Indy boulder finally scene that takes you picture). To be in Millionare building.
    - Mickey's Philharmagic, a Muppet Vision replacement. The exterior would be modeled after an old LA theater building. Would use the TV's for a preshow. The ride would have different host and different songs/scenes.
    - Flynn's Arcade. A permanet version would be moved to replace the Hollywood Stage. Would look exactly like the one in the movies.
    - Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek. Update the exterior to look like the Monsters Inc. building w/o the current facade, and update the AA's and their dialogue. The ride vehicles would be like TDL's. The track would be the same, but the scenes would be barely lit.
    - The House of Mouse. A restraunt to replace the current Flynn's Arcade. Would look exactly like the building from the TV show, both inside and out.
    - Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers. The unbuilt E-Ticket dark EMV ride, to be between the House of Mouse and and MI.
    - The Backlot Studio Tour. Uses the area behind Carsland. Would include scenes from famous movies, a Hoth Battle and a Tatooine streets (featuring a sand storm) scenes from Star Wars, a Big City Set leading up to a projected TRON sequence, Catastrophy Canyon, and a Raiders of the Lost Ark temple scene.
    - Backstage w/ Magician Mickey, a redon version of the one in WDW. To be next to Mickey's Philharmagic.
    - Goofy's Candy Emporium. A candy shop for all of Goofy's candy to be bought. Back-to-back with Flynn's Arcade. Taking up the facade.
    - redo the Hyperion Theater's queue to be enclosed, and redo the the exterior facing the street.
    - The California Zepher Railway, the parks new transportation around the park. The station would be next to the RCT warehouse.
    -Great thought on Soarin' for a much-needed change
    -Love the thought of transportation around the park
    -Camera Crew Coaster is looking to be Superstar Limo all over again... too weakly themed, but it would be fun
    -The only way I can see replacing MuppetVision is in the event that The Great Muppet Movie Ride is built. I say add Philharmagic and create the GMMR separate.
    -Remove Flynn's arcade altogether. It doesn't fit the theme and would just take up space (maybe retheme Starcade to Flynn's?). And if you want "Tron" in the parks, either bring back Peoplemover or keep Electronica.
    -Where do you expect to find the room to build a backlot studio tour with catastrophe canyon and sandstorm sequences?

Great ideas, but the major problems are theming and space constraints. Definitely some solid ideas, though.

• Banned User

Why would the Country Bears be in a place themed about California not Tennessee? Also some ideas of mine for DCA:

Paradise Pier:

Vomotron:
    Just a simple vomotron.

Lighthouse Bunjee Jumpin':
    Bunjee jump off a light house.

Captain Hook's Rockin' Pirate Ship:
    One of those pirates ships that swing back and fourth.

Bumper Cars:
    Simple bumper cars.

Hollywoodland:

The Great Movie Ride:
    Same as WDW's but with Jurassic Park instead of Tarzan.

Thru the Lens:
    Board your omnimover and travel thru a camera and see how it works.

Hollywoodland Hills:
    Sub-Land for Hollywoodland, have a Hollywoodland sign on it or in the background of it. Ex. A painting on a wall in the background like the Hyperion Theatre will be getting rid of soon.

Rock n' Rollercoaster:
    An outdoor rollercoaster that takes you thru the ToT for the band to stay at.
    Location: Far south they can get in that area. Hollywoodland Hills

(No name yet):
    A show with Audio-Anamatronic celebrities from the 1930's singing music.

The HOLLYWOOD TOWER Restraunt:
    Serves fancy food and wine.

Mickey's Silly Symphony:
    A ten minute cartoon based off the old Silly Symphony

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs the Musical:
    A live action version of Snow White

"a bug's land"
    TAKE IT DOWN!

California Mexican Plaza:
    A new land themed for California's Mexican Heritage

Paseo en Barco de México:
    A boat ride
    Location: Hemilich's Train, Tuck and Roll 'em Buggies. (North of CMP)

California Legends:
    A show about legends and myths in California

Golden State

Soarin:
    Connect the scenes
    Ex: You fly over a waterfall, the you see the kayaks in the lake then see the Golden Gate Bridge and you make a turn and see hot air balloons and as you dive a golf ball flys at you.

Grizzly River Run:
    Add anamatronic wild life.
    Ex: You pass a moose and as you enter the cave you see a bear with a fish in it's mouth.

Big Grizzly Mountain Train:
    A train ride showing you the natures and beauty of California.

Cars Land
    None

Buena Vista Street
    None

That's all.
    @ Right Ear I did really like your idea for a train. I was really wondering why would TRON be there? Why not put that to replace the Starsade at DL? And all the stuff in Hollywoodland is more for Hollywood Pictures Backlot therefore it is unrealistic.
    Last edited by Sam the Eagle; 07-20-2011 at 06:34 AM.

• Future Imagineer

/\ Well.... an old, beaten up arcade wouldn't fit in Tomorrowland now would it.

Quote Originally Posted by TMRWfan View Post
    -Great thought on Soarin' for a much-needed change
    -Love the thought of transportation around the park
    -Camera Crew Coaster is looking to be Superstar Limo all over again... too weakly themed, but it would be fun
    -The only way I can see replacing MuppetVision is in the event that The Great Muppet Movie Ride is built. I say add Philharmagic and create the GMMR separate.
    -Remove Flynn's arcade altogether. It doesn't fit the theme and would just take up space (maybe retheme Starcade to Flynn's?). And if you want "Tron" in the parks, either bring back Peoplemover or keep Electronica.
    -Where do you expect to find the room to build a backlot studio tour with catastrophe canyon and sandstorm sequences?
    Great ideas, but the major problems are theming and space constraints. Definitely some solid ideas, though.
    - The PM is dead, Alot of people with Disney have official said its coming down .
    - What time period is HL anyway? cause the Flynn's is a 1986 arcade.
    - I expected to build the Studio Tour in the area behind Carsland, the train would travel around it to ToT.
    - CCC was originally an Oswald Trollie spinning coaster, but people didn't seem to like that idea, same with my Muppet Movie ride (don't know why).
    - I know there's room for attractions, with Google Earth. its just a matter of using it. So space isn't an issue.
    - What do you mean that there are "theming" problems? If its about HL, I would like to know the time period it is, would help with my ideas.
    Last edited by Right Ear; 07-16-2011 at 05:44 PM.

• Banned User

"Space isn't an issue."

Huh? You do realize that lots of that is important backstage equipment/facilities that just can't be removed.

• Banned User

Hollywoodland is the 1930's the golden age of Hollywood. A time where people were beamed to... The TWILIGHT ZONE. *zap*. With the new Hollywoodland they're gonna need to get rid of all the cobwebs in the ToT. Flynn's Arcade would fit with the revival of Tomorrowland I'm working on. It would be that you stap into a room on Main Street U.S.A and you see time fly on a screen. A minute later you are in Discover Bay. That way there would be bricks sticking out of the walls. Here it is:

Tomorrowland 2055 ATTRACTIONS:

1. TRON the Ride
    2. Flynn's Arcade
    3. STAR TOURS: The Adventures Continue
    4. SPΛCE MOUNTΛIN
    5. ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
    6. Monorail
    7. Disneyland R.R.
    8. Autopia
    9. Space Travel Mission: MARS
    10. Astro Orbitron
    11. Extra Terrestrial Intergalactic Concert
    12. Flying Saucer Blast Out!
    13. Disneyland Safege
    Discovery Bay:
    14. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    15. Λtlantis: Submarine Tunnel
    16. Journey to the Centre of the Earth
    17. Time Machine
    18. Aquatopia

Tomorrowland 2055 Disney Dining:
    1. Nautilus Restaurant
    2. Pizza Planet
    3. Vulcania Restaurant

Tomorrowland 2055 Shopping:
    1. Star Traders
    2. SPΛCE Port

Attraction Descriptions:

TRON the Ride:
    Rocket Rods but with a TRON theme.
    Vehicle: Lightcycle.
    Food: None
    Merchandise: None
    Type of Attraction: Same as Autopia
    Entrance: Flynn's Arcade
    Exit: Flynn's Arcade

Flynn's Arcade:
    Replacement of the Starcade
    Vehicle: None
    Type of Attraction: Arcade
    Entrance: Same as Stacade
    Exit: Same as Stacade

Star Tours:The Adventures Continue:
    Same
    Vehicle: Same
    Type of Attraction: Same
    Entrance: Same
    Exit: Same

SPΛCE MOUNTAIN:
    Same

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter:
    Same as Magic Kingdom.
    Type of Attraction: Show
    Entrance: Same as Pizza Port
    Exit: Same as Pizza Port

Monorail:
    Same

Disneyland R.R.:
    Same

Autopia:
    Same

Space Travel Mission: MARS
    A more science-fiction version of Mission: Space. Including UFOs insteasd of astroids.
    Location: Former location of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters.
    Vehicle: Simulator
    Type of Attraction: Simulation
    Entrance: Same as Astro Blasters
    Exit: Into SPΛCE PORT

Extra Terrestrial Intergalactic Concert:
    A musical show by aliens
    Vehicle: Carousel Theatre
    Entrance: Same as Innovention
    Exit: Same as Innoventions

Flying Saucers Blast Out!:
    Similar to Astro Blasters where you blast aliens that pop up & can fire back causing you to loose points.
    Vehicle: Flying saucer
    Type of Attraction: Similar to Astro Blasters
    Entrance: Same as Captain EO
    Exit: Same as Captain EO

Disneyland Safege:
    A new Skyway system. Transports now have glass around it for safety reasons.
    Location: Next to Monorail station, Fantasyland (Goes thru the Matterhorn) , and Tom Sawyer Island
    Vehicle: Skyway bucket
    Type of Attraction: Same as Skyway
    Entrance: Monorail station, Fantasyland, Tom Sawyer Island.
    Exit: Monorail station, Fantasyland, Tom Sawyer Island.

Astro Orbitron:
    Astro Orbitor with a new name.

Atlantis: Submarine Tunnel:
    A journey through Antlantis in the speed tunnels. Based of the movie Atlantis: A Lost Empire.
    Location: Discover Bay (Between Space Mountain and Main St. USA).
    Vehicle: Small submarine.
    Type of Attraction: Rollercoaster
    Entrance: Doors of the Castle
    Exit:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea:
    Featuring live fish! (No chrlorean)
    Location: Discover Bay (Between Space Mountain and Main St. USA.)
    Vehicle: Same as before.
    Type of Attraction: Same as before
    Entrance: Unkown
    Exit: Unkown

Journey to the Centre of the Earth:
    Same one as in the DisneySea in Tokyo
    Vehicle: Same as DisneySea's
    Type of Attraction: Same as DisneySea's

Time Machine:
    A big room with a screen on the front wall. Can hold up to 100 people. Last 1 minute.
    Entrance: Main St. USA
    Exit: Discover Bay

Aquatopia:
    Same as DisneySea Tokyo
    Vehicle: Same as DisneySea's
    Type of Attraction: Same as DisneySea's

Shuttle Dock:
    Scenery. Similar to the discover bay at Discoveryland, Paris. However with a space shuttle instead of a blimp.
    Vehicle:None
    Type of Attraction: Scenery

Disney Dining Descriptions:

1. Nautilus Restaurant:
    Based off 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    Food: Fish
    Type of Attraction: Not one

2. Pizza Planet:
    Based of the place from Toy Story. Includes three arcade games, "The Claw", "Astro Whacker", & "Buzz vs. Zurg".
    Food: Pizza, chicken, fries, milk shakes, & soft drinks
    Entrance: Next to Flynn's Arcade
    Exit: Same ^

3. Vulcania Restaurant:
    Based of Journey to the Centre of the Earth
    Food: Spicy

Disney Shopping Descriptions:

1. Star Traders:
    Same
    Merchandise: Same

2. SPΛCE Port:
    UFO crashed thru the wall.
    Merchandise: Basic stuff that fits Tomorrowland
    Entrance:
    Same as Store Command
    Exit: Same as Store Command

That's all. What's CCC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    "Space isn't an issue."

Huh? You do realize that lots of that is important backstage equipment/facilities that just can't be removed.
    They can just put that underground.....

• Banned User

Where are you guys seeing space for any of this? There almost no available space for expansion between Main Street and Tomorrowland. Again that's all important backstage facilities. Just because it isn't an area you can walk through doesn't mean it isn't necessary.

• Banned User

^ they can just put that stuff underground!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Eagle View Post
    ^ they can just put that stuff underground!!!!!!!
    Well, if we are going to spend millions and millions and millions on putting massive structures under ground, can we please do it for cohesive, brilliantly-designed lands.

Discovery Bay in your location completely abandons the old idea. Do you understand the concept behind Discovery Bay? I'm not sure you do. Port Discovery is not the same thing as Discovery Bay. And Discoveryland, while some similarities is not the same as Discovery Bay. Your ideas lack direction and are just implanting old concepts or over seas rides.

If Discoveryland is themed to turn of the century, why would there be a Shuttle? The blimp, the original (brilliant) idea was in place for a reason, because it matched the theme.

For Journey to the Center of the Earth, you plan on plopping down a volcano in that cramped location? Let's imagine there was room to do this whole Discovery Bay concept you have planned (which there isn't), you would have Space Mountain sharing the skyline with a Volcano in the background. From the Volcanic area, you could see what appears to be a giant space ship. And then from our wonderfully themed, charming Main Street, now has a Volcano looming over the innocent town.

Aquatopia does not fit the theme. Even in DisneySea, Journey and Aquatopia are in different lands.

Time Machine is a small theater and is only 1 minute long? If it's only 1 minute, why even build it? It end up being nothing more than the length of a commercial.

Why take out the Submarines in Tomorrowland just to build a new one across the park?

How does 1970's Flynn's Arcade fit in with the world of 2055?

Blast-Out seems like a very loosely themed idea.

I don't mean to make it seem like I hate your ideas or they are awful, but a good armchair Imagineer considers all these things before even going any further with an idea. Take a step back and refine your idea before posting.

• Banned User

Well, if we are going to spend millions and millions and millions on putting massive structures under ground, can we please do it for cohesive, brilliantly-designed lands.

Discovery Bay in your location completely abandons the old idea. Do you understand the concept behind Discovery Bay? I'm not sure you do. Port Discovery is not the same thing as Discovery Bay. And Discoveryland, while some similarities is not the same as Discovery Bay. Your ideas lack direction and are just implanting old concepts or over seas rides.

If Discoveryland is themed to turn of the century, why would there be a Shuttle? The blimp, the original (brilliant) idea was in place for a reason, because it matched the theme.

For Journey to the Center of the Earth, you plan on plopping down a volcano in that cramped location? Let's imagine there was room to do this whole Discovery Bay concept you have planned (which there isn't), you would have Space Mountain sharing the skyline with a Volcano in the background. From the Volcanic area, you could see what appears to be a giant space ship. And then from our wonderfully themed, charming Main Street, now has a Volcano looming over the innocent town.

Aquatopia does not fit the theme. Even in DisneySea, Journey and Aquatopia are in different lands.

Time Machine is a small theater and is only 1 minute long? If it's only 1 minute, why even build it? It end up being nothing more than the length of a commercial.

Why take out the Submarines in Tomorrowland just to build a new one across the park?

How does 1970's Flynn's Arcade fit in with the world of 2055?

Blast-Out seems like a very loosely themed idea.

I don't mean to make it seem like I hate your ideas or they are awful, but a good armchair Imagineer considers all these things before even going any further with an idea. Take a step back and refine your idea before posting.
    Discovery Bay is just a temporary name. It wouldn't be called that. Blast-Out IS a very loosely themed idea... I never said the JttCotE would be in a vlocano for all you no it could be in a rocket ship. I was actually think of it to be connected to Space Mountain and on top of the Disneyland Railroad diorama of the Grand Canyon. Aquatopia was also a loose idea. The readon to move the submarine is so it could be turned into Robin Hood's Adventure in Fantasyland. What about Atlantis? What did you think of that idea. Can you also share some of your own ideas? I would liek to see them to get a realistic view.

• Future Imagineer

You know this is for Phase 2 of DCA'S expansion, right. There are some OK ideas for Tomorrowland (no effence), but they should be on the Tomorrowland expansion thread (who ever did that). I'll make another thread so you can move it over, if you want.

"Space isn't an issue."

I know that. I'm just saying that there's open land, w/ nothing on it, that could be used for more expansion.
    Last edited by Right Ear; 07-16-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast