Thread: A Bug's Land

A Bug's Land

Are their any creative ideas that can improve A Bug's Land? It is need of an improvement and refurbishment, once Cars Land and new Hollywoodland opens.

• Minion

Re: A Bug's Land

Dark ride would be nice if there was any space for one, but that doesn't seem to be so.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Banned User

I think Bug's Land serves it's purpose well for the time being and there are MANY more spots that should be filled before we even consider demolishing an entire well-themed land.

However, I suggest replacing Hemleich's Chew Chew Train with a small kid-friendly coaster of the same theme where guests ride heimlich through some abandoned food and garden.

In addition, I think that It's Tough to be A Bug should somehow be reworked where the show's entrance is apart of Flik's Fun Fair. With a long pathway to get to the theater entrance, this is one case where I think an "interactive" queue would be necessary to have the ride's empty line appear to be as more of a "Walk Through" attraction followed by a movie.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    I think Bug's Land serves it's purpose well for the time being and there are MANY more spots that should be filled before we even consider demolishing an entire well-themed land.

However, I suggest replacing Hemleich's Chew Chew Train with a small kid-friendly coaster of the same theme where guests ride heimlich through some abandoned food and garden.

In addition, I think that It's Tough to be A Bug should somehow be reworked where the show's entrance is apart of Flik's Fun Fair. With a long pathway to get to the theater entrance, this is one case where I think an "interactive" queue would be necessary to have the ride's empty line appear to be as more of a "Walk Through" attraction followed by a movie.
    Yeah, aside from Ant Island, there isn't much to the queue.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

I would love to see Bugs Land go. It's cute, charming...but that's about it. Even my three-year-old niece is incredibly bored with the rides.

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

• -

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Dark ride would be nice if there was any space for one, but that doesn't seem to be so.
    They can always enclose the train, add some more theming and make that a dark ride.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• will-o-the-whip

Make Heimlich an outdoor and indoor ride by expanding it. Close down the bumper cars which will soon be redundant with the improved saucer tires in Carsland. And they can close down Boogie tea cups for a bugs play structure. Bugs Land is very nicely themed but it could use some upgrades as noted.

Other than A Bug's, there isn't much for very young children to do in DCA which is why it was quickly assembled to begin with. I agree with those who say it serves a purpose but there could be some added touches here and there. I always thought the Gadget Go-Coaster in Disneyland would be a better fit in Bug's Land. I still think there are few better picture opportunities in DCA for kids than having them take a ride in a box of Chinese take-out. Bug's Land also looks pretty cool at Christmas with the oversize ornaments added around the area.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Mickey Ear Biter

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Make Heimlich an outdoor and indoor ride by expanding it. Close down the bumper cars which will soon be redundant with the improved saucer tires in Carsland. And they can close down Boogie tea cups for a bugs play structure. Bugs Land is very nicely themed but it could use some upgrades as noted.
    I like the boogie tea cups! However, if they were to go, I would not probably mourn them. I definitely agree that the bumper cars (which really are not bumper cars to begin with) are a little pointless, espeically with Carsland coming up.

The Hiemlich ride to me is the cutest because of the smells. The best way to imporve it in my opinion would be to add hills, like in casey Junior. As it is, the flatness of the track can be a little dull...

Overall, I still think the land stands well as is. This would be the last place I would fix in DCA actually...

Basic Sea Witch, get out my face.