Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Fantasmic Vs. World Of Color

Hello MC's!
    We are going to DL this Sunday for the 56th anniversary and wanted to view either fantasmic or WOC for the first time! We are going with our one year old. We have been there 3 times this month and have yet to watch any shows with her My question is, should we pay the 40$ each to watch WOC @ Ariels Grotto's PSA, or arrive early and wait to sit next to the water for Fantasmic? Also, if we were to choose Fantasmic, at what time should we go to plaza inn to sit, eat, and watch the Fireworks from the patio?

Thanks!

• Minion

Re: Fantasmic Vs. World Of Color

Quote Originally Posted by JaeAlaska View Post
    Hello MC's!
    We are going to DL this Sunday for the 56th anniversary and wanted to view either fantasmic or WOC for the first time! We are going with our one year old. We have been there 3 times this month and have yet to watch any shows with her My question is, should we pay the 40$ each to watch WOC @ Ariels Grotto's PSA, or arrive early and wait to sit next to the water for Fantasmic? Also, if we were to choose Fantasmic, at what time should we go to plaza inn to sit, eat, and watch the Fireworks from the patio?

Thanks!
    I would do the World of Color dining plan. In my opinion, $40 is a very good deal for dinner and prime-viewing of the show.

If you want to sit next to the water line for Fantasimc!, you need to get there very early, like between 5-5:30.

• Keepin' it calsteady

You could do the World of Color picnic deal for something like $15 each (if tickets are still available) or just get a pass in the morning for regular standing room that offers a good enough view (especially if you're a one-year-old on someone's shoulders). If you go to a later Fantasmic (the kid will be asleep anyway, right?) then you don't have to worry about finding a seat 3 hours before it even starts to get dark.

If you haven't seen either show yet then I say go with Fantasmic!! Just arrive an hour or so early to find a good spot. If you don't want to wait then just get the passes for WOC and watch that.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I vote for World of Color with a picnic meal, unless money isn't an issue. In which case, I recommend the Cioppino. I really enjoyed it.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I vote for World of Color with a picnic meal, unless money isn't an issue. In which case, I recommend the Cioppino. I really enjoyed it.
    The dinner passes I think offer a better World of Color viewing area.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I love Fantasmic but as a fluffy person I can't sit on the ground with my legs crossed for the 3 hours before the show starts in order to get good seats lol

If I ever watch Fantasmic again I'll pay the overpriced $60 for the desert package so I can have a chair to sit in lol

So to answer your question, WOC :-)
    Facebook Photography Page http://www.facebook.com/SshotMemories
    Summug Gallery Page http://ssmemories.smugmug.com/
    Photography Page http://www.snapshotmemories.org

Photography is my passion and my art. If you would like a non watermarked copy of any "Disney" photograph I post please feel free to message me :-)

France, but moving back to San Diego soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JaeAlaska View Post
    Hello MC's!

Thanks!
    I would suggest going with the World of Color Dining Package. When I went with my mom about a year ago, it was her first time seeing the show. We surprised her with the dining package. It was worth the money and you get first access to the seating area. If you are looking for something cheaper, the Picnic meal is another great idea. You can pre-order your meals, pick them up within the time given and still see the show.

As stated earlier, Fantasmic is one of those shows that is a pain in the butt to see, however it is well worth the reward. I have always been a loyal of that show and will. If staying up late isn't a worry, then I would suggest to ride some of the rides around the show area during the first performance of Fantasmic. When the show ends, there is very little time between the end of the show and the fireworks. If you want, I would suggest placing yourself near the seating area of Fantasmic to watch the fireworks. Then, once Magical has ended, the crowd of previous Fantasmic viewers will leave giving you the perfect opportunity to move in and get a spot for the second viewing. Hope this helps!
    Yesterday is History,
    Tomorrow is a Mystery,
    But Today is a gift,
    That is why it is called "The Present"

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Fantasmic!

Because I'm biased and it's my favorite show

• DLR Cast Member

It's natural to want to compare WOC to Fantasmic, but I don't think it's a fair comparison. They truly are two completely different shows. It's like comparing it's a small world and Pirates of the Caribbean. The fact that they're both boat rides with animatrinics and a snappy tune doesn't make them comparable. So it is with Fantasmic and WOC.

If you want to get a table and chairs at the Riverbelle Terrace right in front by the railing for the first Fantamsic, people start grabbing those around 3pm if not before (I know I've done it). A lot of times its larger families or small groups. One or two people hold the table while others in their family or group head off in the park and they kind of work in shifts (I know I've done it). Is it worth it to wait 6 hrs? Yes and no. You do get a good view. It's way better than sitting on the ground for 3 hrs. Disney does a great job of keeping people away from the wall that is right in front of you so it is pretty unobstructed. You will be asked about 10 times by someone if you are going to be leaving soon (not park castmembers who could care less how long you sit at that table but people who just want it). But then again, I have had pretty good luck showing up at Fantasmic (usually the later show) about 20 minutes before it starts and just standing (but you will probably be more off to the side rather than in front).

That being said, we've had the WOC dinner at Ariel's Grotto and loved it. As mentioned earlier the ciopino was great, my wife enjoyed the tri-tip. They gave us great passes for viewing. It should be noted, unfortunately, that neither Fantasmic or WOC are small children friendly.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Banned User

I personally prefer World of Color.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

World of Color is more impressive but lacks the heart/soul that Fantasmic has.

Fantasmic is a tad dated but never fails to charm.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    World of Color is more impressive but lacks the heart/soul that Fantasmic has.

Fantasmic is a tad dated but never fails to charm.
    Are you serious? World of Color has a ton of heart and soul. That "So Close" still makes me tear up after dozens of viewings. And how can you not feel something during the beginning and the end when they are playing the WOC theme song? its such an emotional high and a great nod to the old Wonderful World of Color TV show... Its a very emotional show!

World of Color, fantasmic is unbelievable but WoC is way better!

It's Fun to do the Impossible
    - Walt Disney

[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast