• Minion

Red Face Sizzling Summer Sale @ the World of Disney Store

July 23 is the sale from 6:30-9 am. I need to know some information from the past sales. What happens if I get there like around 8am? Because I want to get all of the good deals without everything being gone. If that's not a good time then what time should I get there.
    I heard everything was a huge mess and everything was very crazy. But I would wanna know if the sale is anything worth going to. My pass is blocked out on that day so I can't enter the park. If I get there and there's no good sale I'll be so mad. lol

Re: Sizzling Summer Sale @ the World of Disney Store

I work in retail and most large stores will pre-sell up to a week prior to an event like that. If you don't have time to go to the store beforehand, most business can be done over the phone if you know what you are looking for.

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    July 23 is the sale from 6:30-9 am. I need to know some information from the past sales. What happens if I get there like around 8am? Because I want to get all of the good deals without everything being gone. If that's not a good time then what time should I get there.
    I heard everything was a huge mess and everything was very crazy. But I would wanna know if the sale is anything worth going to. My pass is blocked out on that day so I can't enter the park. If I get there and there's no good sale I'll be so mad. lol
    I personally never have done it, but I would say to get there early. I have seen extremely long lines in the past waiting for the opening. Is it worth going to? You won't know that unless you do it! If you have the time and patience...

I only went to the first one and the wait was over an hour even at 7am. The merchandise on sale was nothing to wake up early for - just the usual cheap plastic Made in China junk. Personally the regular 20% off as a passholder beats waiting in line at crazy hours to save a few bucks more, but that'll be up to you.

I'd like to think that as time goes on and these sales become more and more predictable, the lines will decrease.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Minion

ok never mind. I'll just go to the Disney Outlets in Vegas. They have 2 of them with good deals there.

• Seeker of Fun

DON'T waste your time! One of these supposed great sale events happened when we were on vacation a few years back. My wife and I arose early one morning, stood in line to get in the store, only to find out that basically NOTHING was discounted. They had a few random boxes throughout the store of cheap stuff that were marked 10-20% off, but other than that, it was simply a come to the World of Disney store and pay full price....only at 6am. We among many people that day who really felt ripped off by the whole thing. I kept hearing people say, "You've got to be kidding, where's the sale priced stuff?" etc, etc, etc

Bad, Bad, and worse! Don't waste your time!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

North Highlands, California, United States

Thanks for the heads up. We were planning on leaving a day early but if it's not worth it, we'll leave on time then.

• Minion

lets see. I got in line 1hr prior to the sale.
    I got what I wanted. They had vinylmantions for $2.50 each(75% off). But let me just tell you some people are crazy because they bought LOTS of boxes sets of vinylmations which is about $60 per box. Why would a person buy lots of 30 boxes of the same thing (to sell it online for money)

Other than that, I bought these Nightmare b4 xmas toys for 50% off. 3$ pins, 50% bags. etc. everyone took the 75% off World of Color
    My only complaint was that people bought boxes of things when there should be a 2 item limit. and not saving it for other people.

next time I should get there early. but everything was ok. It was better than I expected.