Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: Disneyland Resort Third Theme Park

I prefer that more work be done on DCA before even planning on a third gate. Even the stuff that was already rethemed in DCA needs working on some more. I was worried at first if they would have enough land to compensate for both a third gate AND the parking spots to accompany it but it sounds like they got enough room to make an elaborate theme park and maybe even a hotel or two.

I'm with those who say there is no excuse for Disney to cheap out on their third gate. And I do agree that we need something a little more original than Westcot or a DisneySea. However, I would be interested in a park that does give you an immersive and elaborate experience of being in other countries or other parts of the world in a World Showcase-like manner. You can see that DAK and TDS were influenced by Epcot's World Showcase to do this with some of their lands. That would be cool if the third gate did something similar like those parks. As for Marvel...well...they would have to do something really impressive in order to incorporate this franchise into a third gate and make it look really awesome before I can be convinced.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Eagle View Post
    What' the address to it? I wanna search it on google maps.
    Put this string in the Google Maps search box - "Third Theme Park Site near Disneyland, Anaheim, CA" and it'll pop right up. You should see the arrow on the entrance driveway on Convention Way.

It's the block inside Harbor Bl, Katella, Haster and Orangewood, minus the commercial buildings on the NW corner and the Condos & Apartments around the Haster and Orangewood borders. If you see open dirt or bulk parking spaces, that's the Disney land.

The chunk at the top with the entrance off Clementine St. is the "Katella Cast Member Lot." Below the tree windbreak is Toy Story lot.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Minion

This was a rumored concept for WDW
    Night kingdom(but i dont really like that).It was
    A high priced, limited entry adventure park, featuring upclose encounters with animals, and low capacity thrills such as ziplining and cave exploration. Became Disney's Jungle Trek

now lets modify that a lil bit.
    Name:Journey kingdom
    main icon:a large mountain with different biomes on each level

it would have regular disney price and would have animal encounters,thrills,and rides
    lands:Beggining Gardyn,would be a large forest like area filled with primitive plants and animals.Would be the location for the icon .Ride/s would be a tram tour of the mountain
    :Nzuri(Swahili for beautiful)would be a village in a savannah.Would have Wild africa trek(no cost),and a lion king dark ride
    :Bhūmi(indian for land)would take place in an asian rainforest.Rides would be tropical trek a fast water ride through the jungles of india,and a jungle book ride
    :Hawaii(dont know the name)would be a tropical island sourrounded by water(you have to get there by boat)rides would be fire mountain and a zip line called canopy crazy, and you would be able to swim in a small area of the lake

:australia dont know the name would have an emv ride through the outback and cave exploration

•   
    • Minion

First off: Disney America is a dead concept. It is a non starter.

Second: Westcot will likely not be attempted... I don't think Disney at the moment wants to attempt to build a permanent worlds fair or an experimental community in Anaheim...

Having said this... I do like the idea of Discovery Bay park based on concept WDI made for Disneyland - which could be expanded to a new theme park that would rival the others. It could offer the better parts of Epcot and Animal Kingdom with a Victorian twist... This could bring Mary Poppins and Marvel to the parks in a fresh new ways...

• The Mysterious

i agree, the fact that the monorail currently has two stops and seems to be forgotten as a ride and only as transport means that it needs more stops, especially if there is another park. how far away would you estimate this to be?

• Dreams do come true

I like the idea of having Marvel in the park but not the main concept for the park. I am very happy Disney has Marvel and what they can do together.

• Minion

Can someone shade the land where the toy story lot is that Disney actually owns? There seems to be some large empty areas there and I was wondering if Disney owns them or not.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Can someone shade the land where the toy story lot is that Disney actually owns? There seems to be some large empty areas there and I was wondering if Disney owns them or not.

Yes Disney owns the open property by the toy story lot.

---------- Post added 07-21-2011 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emeline Rhodes View Post
    i agree, the fact that the monorail currently has two stops and seems to be forgotten as a ride and only as transport means that it needs more stops, especially if there is another park. how far away would you estimate this to be?

The new park would be about 2 blocks or so away
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Yes Disney owns the open property by the toy story lot.

---------- Post added 07-21-2011 at 10:05 PM ----------

The new park would be about 2 blocks or so away
    Techincally it would be kiddy-corner to the back side of Carsland
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    i would hope they use at least 1 billion on a new park. So they don't have to fix it with another billion like DCA.
    Thats peanuts. A park to the caliber of DisneySea would cost way more than that.

Speaking of DisneySea, why does everyone want that? DisneySea was so successful because it was new and full of things never seen before done very well. Don't clone what is when you could instead push to the next idea. Make that idea the best in can be and pretty soon everyone will be wishing that Disneyland Anaheim's Third gate would get copied over to Tokyo.

On that same note, this is why Disneyland's formula isn't the best idea. The best execution of the Disneyland formula is one block away. Californians will find another version stale.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Thats peanuts. A park to the caliber of DisneySea would cost way more than that.

Speaking of DisneySea, why does everyone want that? DisneySea was so successful because it was new and full of things never seen before done very well. Don't clone what is when you could instead push to the next idea. Make that idea the best in can be and pretty soon everyone will be wishing that Disneyland Anaheim's Third gate would get copied over to Tokyo.

On that same note, this is why Disneyland's formula isn't the best idea. The best execution of the Disneyland formula is one block away. Californians will find another version stale.
    Well I can understand why they want it, even what you say is true, but its the same reason Japan wanted its own Disneyland in the first place, because at the end of the day they want something in their own backyard since they probably will never get a chance to see the original. And TDS IS worth having, in every shape and form possible! And its not like it has to be an EXACT copy, they can do it the same way they did DLP and add their own spin on some of the attractions, change the lands up a bit, etc.

That said, yeah, I cant see it coming to THIS resort, there is just no room for it, period. And what makes TDS so amazing is it actually on a bay so you get these amazing views by the water to add to it. Being stuck in congested Anaheim will take that away.

And you're right, 1 billion is too low...the reports of the price tag of the time was $3 BILLION or about 5 DCA's.

So no, I dont see Disney attempting to recreate that park at that quality and detail anytime soon.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Disneyland's recreation in various forms worldwide has everything to do with the original's legendary nostalgia and charm (the feature that the newer "grand" designs seemingly failed to capture). What sets DisneySea apart is it's design and execution.

That sense of superior design and execution on that level could be transfered to another idea and done just as well.

• Banned User

It could...but I have no problem cloning a park that 99% of people in America or most of the world would never see or could get to as well.

Hell most people doesnt even know Disneysea even exists, so for those people it would be an amazing treat.

Anyway, its not happening, so it doesnt matter. Its a futile idea since there is no room, money or most of all, vision to make something like that on American soil again. I predict whatever 3rd park gets built, it would be a smaller one like DCA, MGM, DAK, etc and grows as time goes on. Hopefully an ambitious park can happen though.

• Minion

So, of this entire block, what section(s) does Disney own? and what is everything else?

I haven't been to the Toy Story Lot so I don't know which section is Toy Story and which is Cast Member (North or South). My guess is CM is the North, long and skinny section, and toy Story is the lower section (since it is bigger... I think). And if Disney owns the un-developed land surrounding TS lot, then they have enough land for the 3rd park, but I think before they build it they would have to buy everything on the corner of Harbor & Katella.

Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• The Mysterious

A third park would be welcome, as are the changes that are currently undergoing DCA. Please say Soarin stays!

I am hoping that there will be more like an Epicot style park, animal kingdom maybe, and save the marvel/comic books for a different area.

A waterpark would also be nice, but I am hoping that if there is to be another park that there is adeqaute transportation, for i can not even begin to count the number of times that i have gone to catch the monorail and ended up walking because it broke down again. Don't get me wrong, i like riding on the monorail, but there needs to be more than one on the line and more than one stop. Also, I should be able to ride it a full circuit or more. /rant

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast