Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

How would you introduce MARVEL into disneyland or DCA

to introduce marvel as disney characters, i would probably have meet and greets in areas like tomorrowland or hollywoodland,and then some small attractions like the stark expo rumor
    what are your ideas?

• -

Re: How would you introduce MARVEL into disneyland or DCA

Stark Expo would be good. It has been mentioned countless times in these threads. I have also mentioned bringing back a version of Adventures Thru Innerspace but with Antman.

Just a note to the original poster: I see by your join date and post count that you are new. With that, I want to welcome you to Micechat and also warn you that while you created a great thread and a way for people to be creative there will be people on here who will refuse to be creative and will instead just jump in and rudely say things like, "no Marvel" or "I wouldn't". The worst part is, that is all their post will say and not give any explanation for it.

I for one want to applaud your creativity and thank you for creating this thread and apologize on behalf of those of us on here who will contribute to your thread and not rudely brush it off with just a negative word or two.
    Last edited by calsig31; 07-18-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Embrace the kitsch!

I wouldn't.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• LOL

First of all, keep Marvel out of Disneyland. Sorry but in my mind Disneyland is the home of Mickey and his friends, not a bunch of superheros. Since Disney is re-doing California Adventure, if they really have to include the Marvel comic heros somewhere, they might fit in the 1930's re-theme of Hollywood Street.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Tink60 View Post
    First of all, keep Marvel out of Disneyland. Sorry but in my mind Disneyland is the home of Mickey and his friends, not a bunch of superheros. Since Disney is re-doing California Adventure, if they really have to include the Marvel comic heros somewhere, they might fit in the 1930's re-theme of Hollywood Street.
    As stated before in other threads, if Star Wars and Indy can be made to fit in a non intrusive way, so can Marvel.

As for California Adventure, they can be made to fit in other places besides Hollywood. Afterall there are superheroes based out of California.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Iron Man takes over Innovations. Namor takes over the subs. Actually, they should either make the entire back area behind Fantasyland a marvel land, or maybe just replace toontown with marvel land.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Iron Man takes over Innovations. Namor takes over the subs. Actually, they should either make the entire back area behind Fantasyland a marvel land, or maybe just replace toontown with marvel land.
    They could do Toontown and the princess theatre.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Stark Expo would be good. It has been mentioned countless times in these threads. I have also mentioned bringing back a version of Adventures Thru Innerspace but with Antman.

Just a note to the original poster: I see by your join date and post count that you are new. With that, I want to welcome you to Micechat and also warn you that while you created a great thread and a way for people to be creative there will be people on here who will refuse to be creative and will instead just jump in and rudely say things like, "no Marvel" or "I wouldn't". The worst part is, that is all their post will say and not give any explanation for it.

I for one want to applaud your creativity and thank you for creating this thread and apologize on behalf of those of us on here who will contribute to your thread and not rudely brush it off with just a negative word or two.
    Thanx,and i know about the ppl who dont want marvel in the park as seen from stark expo,meet and greet threads,etc.

---------- Post added 07-18-2011 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    I wouldn't.
    exibit:A

They could do Toontown and the princess theatre.
    Yeah....I've thought along these lines all along but the juxtaposition of small world butted up against Marvel is a rough transition (do-able). And Roger Rabbit is a keeper even if Toontown isn't. An Avengers dark ride? The space would be perfect.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Yeah....I've thought along these lines all along but the juxtaposition of small world butted up against Marvel is a rough transition (do-able). And Roger Rabbit is a keeper even if Toontown isn't. An Avengers dark ride? The space would be perfect.
    An Avengers dark ride would be awesome! As for transition, if they can transition Bugsland into Hollywood, they can transition anything.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink60 View Post
    First of all, keep Marvel out of Disneyland. Sorry but in my mind Disneyland is the home of Mickey and his friends, not a bunch of superheros.
    Bingo.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

The rumored Tony Stark expo is a great start IMO. Other places in the park are certainly trickier but probably harder unless they are just given a new land completely. I mean I cant see any Marvel attraction or characters anywhere on the westside for example. Would look very out of place anywhere there since that entire area is based on America past or the exotic like AL. So tough! TL is probably the best area for them since its really nothing but a sci fi land anyway!

DCA isnt as hard to me as others making it out to be, but in fact many ways easier since they have made that entire park one big toon area. But I can EASILY see Marvel attractions in PP for example. Would be a great fit if they tied them in the same way they tied TSM, TLM, GSS, etc. Not hard at all. And I think HPB would be a natural fit as well. Again if you can place Monsters Inc, Muppets and Alladin there, not much of a stretch.

These are probably the best areas for attractions. And DCA still has room to make a seperate land so maybe there could be a Marvel mini-land in the future as well. Probably wont happen but definitely do-able!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

How would I introduce Marvel to DLR?

Hello, Marvel! This is the Disneyland Resort! Welcome! Please grab a park map and have fun!

• Mickey Ear Biter

As stated before in other threads, if Star Wars and Indy can be made to fit in a non intrusive way, so can Marvel.

As for California Adventure, they can be made to fit in other places besides Hollywood. Afterall there are superheroes based out of California.
    While I personally don't want Marvel in the parks, I recognize that these are vaild points. I will admit, I reallly just don't like comics and that would really be the only reason I want Marvel out of Disney.

If they are blended in the same way as the aforementioned fandoms, then we should welcome them to the parks.

Maybe some people, like me, are scared that they will start seeing "themed" rides of iron man like the kind you see in Six Flags. You know where the colours of some roller coaster match super heros, but there really is no immersive theming and at the end of the day it is just an outdoor rollercoaster. Perosnally, I find these to be unpleasant to the eye..
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

• Banned User

I would say "Disneyland meet Marvel. Marvel, this is Disneyland. Let Darth Vader give you a tour."

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast