Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The Future of Imagineering Season 1, Project 2

We know that this proposal is hard, space wise, but that means we need real, creative, and doable solutions for the space. This is a very tough project with a lot of things to take into consideration. Good luck everyone!

• Future Imagineer

Am I already disqualified? I will post if I'm still in it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Am I already disqualified? I will post if I'm still in it.
    Nope, your still in! The last round was just a practice round and to see how we judge. Good luck!

• The Legend Ends

No that was only practice so you know how we judge.

spacing issues you say. Well may I say that we don't need any massive E-tickets, we already have indy. Just a show or a small attraction. From what I can tell something the size of the tea cups could fit there
    I believe in Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty was real.

• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

When we were there in 2008 there was a Small Indiana Jones show on in there,

I have a background in performing arts myself so you will see a show from me we really dont need to get rid of any more performances spaces at DL isnt PFF enough :P
    -Luke

• Future Imagineer

Phewwww. Thanks (for Fantasia Fan and Dlfan). Here goes nothing:

The Cave of Wonders (Diner). Estimated cost: less than $10 Million. Located: Aladdin Oasis Theater (duh)

All the structure is taken down from the Aladdin Oasis. The building will be a little bit taller than the Tiki Room. In the place of the arch, would be the giant tiger head from the movie, with some sand hills behind it. The eyes would glow white. And at night the structure would light up in dark blue lighting. As you enter, you go down a ramp (looks like a tongue), in a sand tunnel, to the ground (where Aladdin freed Genie in the movie) that looks like the Friend Like Me scene from the movie (a neon castle outline on 1 wall, piles of food, and gold by another). The tables are aranged in a U-shape, look like ones fit for royalty, with a stage, that looks like a pile of sand, in the center, and with . The CM's will be dressed up like Genie in a tuxedo, from the dinner segment of the song.
    Every hour, there's a little show that will involve a randomly selected guest to release Genie (live actor, not the costumed character from the parks, like the show in DCA) from the lamp (the CM Storyteller would call him/her the diamond in the rough). After a little disscusion between them, Genie basicly explains to the kid what he would do for him (with the audience involved). Genie will preform Never Had a Friend Like Me (special FX and lighting), with the CMs and the audience involved. After that, Jafar comes out to steal the lamp and gain the wish, but Genie has the kid fight off Jafar (similar to Jedi Academy). Aladdin comes out to see the kid fighting Jafar, so he goes in and takes over the fight for the kid. Aladdin pulls out another lamp and capture's Jafar in it (the CM jafar slowly drops to the under ground tunnel and smoke covers his dissapearance). The audience applauses, and Aladdin thanks the kid for his help. Genie remebers to give the kid his (reasonable)wish (Before the show, the CM that selects the kid ask what he/she would wish for). After the show, the kid would be taken back stage to get an exclusive photo op. with Genie, Aladdin, and Jasmine (she was off attending to her royalty duties) and is brought back to his/her parents.

Note: Might edit later if I find an error.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Genie remebers to give the kid his (reasonable)wish (Before the show, the CM that selects the kid ask what he/she would wish for).
    ANY reasonable wish? That seems near impossible as the kid could wish for so many things that even if reasonable, Disney probably couldn't supply.

Good luck everyone!
    "Pretty soon he would be hundreds and hundreds of miles away on the great plains and deserts, and among the mountains of the Far West, and would see buffaloes and Indians, and prairie dogs, and antelopes, and have all kinds of adventures, and may be get hanged or scalped, and have ever such a fine time, and write home and tell us all about it, and be a hero."
    - Mark Twain, jealous of his brother, who was traveling west.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Thanks for the picture! It definitely helps. Definitely not enough room for another E-ticket but Adventureland already has Indy and the Cruise. With Tiki Room being it's other main attraction, I'm going to think of something really great to really highlight this small corner of the park (and if I'm not mistaken, the smallest of all the lands in all of DLR [walkway wise]).

Expect my proposal to be up by Thursday at the latest (I generally think very fast).

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    ANY reasonable wish? That seems near impossible as the kid could wish for so many things that even if reasonable, Disney probably couldn't supply.
    Almost any reasonable wish. (they can't wish for superpowers, world piece, no more poor, stuff thats expensive, and stuff like that). I'm starting to think that the CM before the show should ask for the kid's favorite dessert. During the end of the show, Genie would have a waiter come out, with the kid's favorite dessert, and place it at the kid's table (free of charge).

PS: American idol at WDW gives away a free vacation. So why doesn't DLR have something to give away.

Just bring back the shows.
    In 2008 they had this Indiana Jones show. The Oasis theater only holds about 200, but the more things to do at DL the better. This actress does a great job of changing from faithful assistant to evil treasure seeker. There is just not enough room for a ride. We do not need another gift shop or corn dog palace.

My YouTube video.
    ‪Indy at Aladdins Grotto.mov‬‏ - YouTube

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaFan View Post
    "Here is adventure. Here is romance. Here is mystery. Tropical rivers - silently flowing into the unknown. The unbelievable splendor of exotic flowers...the eerie sound of the jungle...with eyes that are always watching."-Walt Disney

Welcome to Adventureland! Home of the classic Jungle Cruise, an amazing Indiana Jones attraction (that is in desperate need of a refurb), and an empty theater. Well, that empty theater is the focus of this project. Aladdin's Oasis is barely ever open and is basically taking up space. We want you to create an attraction to take over this area, it could be a new show or a new ride (space permitting). It's due on the 24th, next Sunday. i will not be judging this project but the others are still. the contestants are the same. Remember concept art is worth +1 point limit 6 pieces. good luck!
    Am I limited to just the stage area or can I use some of the kitchen, backstage, or even the Jungle Cruise area to expand beyond just the theater?

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

I don't see how an E-ticket can't fit in that space.. Go underground! lol. I don't think there is a money constraint correct?
    @Monorailorange

No money constraint

Yes, there's no room for an e-ticket. You might want to think more like an A- or B- ticket.
    "Pretty soon he would be hundreds and hundreds of miles away on the great plains and deserts, and among the mountains of the Far West, and would see buffaloes and Indians, and prairie dogs, and antelopes, and have all kinds of adventures, and may be get hanged or scalped, and have ever such a fine time, and write home and tell us all about it, and be a hero."
    - Mark Twain, jealous of his brother, who was traveling west.

• Banned User

I'de like to point out you can always tear down the building and rebuild anything you want there, you could even place "Skyscraper: The Adventure", see I added "Adventure" so it would fit in Adventureland.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast