Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: The Future of Imagineering Season 1, Project 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Eagle View Post
    I'de like to point out you can always tear down the building and rebuild anything you want there, you could even place "Skyscraper: The Adventure", see I added "Adventure" so it would fit in Adventureland.
    No, actually that didn't make it fit into Adventureland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    No, actually that didn't make it fit into Adventureland.
    It was a joke....

---------- Post added 07-19-2011 at 12:49 PM ----------

"What do you mean you can't pull them up in time? Then just stick some fancy names in front of them! -Walt Disney

• Future Imagineer

Quick ?, will any of these projects take place in DCA or PFF? I was thinking of doing an Armchair Imagineering thread for a couple of ideas I had for those areas.
    Met Anna and Elsa over 600 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

• Closed Account

there is 1 project in DCA. I will not reveal what it is though

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaFan View Post
    there is 1 project in DCA. I will not reveal what it is though
    Can you tell me? I am a judge.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

The Circle of Life Ceremony & The Jungle Book Swing!
    (written as a press release)

By day, a peaceful and educational ceremony. By night, things are in full swing in Adventureland!

Starting daily, this fall, the former Aladdin's Oasis theater will be transformed into things all adventure! Aladdin's Oasis, once a storytelling theater, has remained vacant for numerous years and WDI has been conjuring up ideas for what to do with the small piece of lot for quite some time. What they've come up with is a resolution that'll keep it's storytelling roots in tact but also bring something new and exciting to Disneyland Resort!

The Circle of Life Ceremony is a small, re-enactment of the famous scene from the hit Disney film, "The Lion King." It includes both audio-animatronics and live actors in costume to perform the ceremony. Not only will this be a very short play from a famous movie but it'll also be an educational experience on animals in the wild, how they interact with one another and much about the culture of Africa.

The show is said to last about 15 minutes, with the actual ceremony and all the beloved "Lion King" characters being in the show for a total of 7 minutes, with the prior first half of the show being the storytelling-educational element. "It starts off from a very simple storytelling aspect," says Richard Tolby, the lead imagineer of the project. "We'll use simple things as lights, projections on the curtains and of course, voice to tell the story. Then we're going to pull back the curtains to show the amazing set where the scene will take place which will be a basic retelling of the scene."

The new show room, including The Jungle Book Swing! (more on that later) will be a total budget of $10 million. It'll include state of the art audio-animatronics, LED lights, HD projections and live actors/storytellers. The set itself will be will take up most of the stage area with a very, "3D like" back drop. Fans of the old Lion King parade will now be able to re-experience The Circle of Life in it's new home and in a new fashion, yet to be told at the Disneyland Resort. This is also an exclusive attraction and the experience will only be found in Anaheim, California!

The Jungle Book Swing! (yes, with an exclamation point) will be an entirely different beast coming to Adventureland, nightly! The set for Circle of Life is said to be put back stage where most of the stage will then turn into a scene right from the jungle with periodic swing dance professionals performing in ode to the classic Disney film, "The Jungle Book!"

The space will transform once night falls from a storyelling area to a living jungle! Vines hang from the ceiling (raised and lowered from the rafters) along with branches, leaves and plenty of other "green environment." Dance music, similar to the style from "The Jungle Book" will be played all night long while exotic drinks and snacks will be served while you dance the night away! There will also be a seating area for those to just relax, to watch their young ones dance and to watch the swing dancing show. And let's not forget there will be a photo op area with Baloo (who also has a special surprise performance in the show!).

"The wonderful thing about these two attractions is variety and how easily they can change," Richard Tolby once again joins us, "At any given moment, a variable can change and we can come up with new ideas almost automatically. We can always bring back Aladdin for the story portion or have the dance party be Tarzan themed. The options are endless in this venue and will be very cost-effective. It could actually be a new theme for both attractions every season, if we wished. One of the ideas being tossed around right now is Genie's Nightclub, which we're thinking of doing for the summer."

The Jungle Book Swing! will include treats such as "Ants on a Log" (which is basically chocolate covered gummy bears, er... ants) and drinks such as "Coconut Vine" which one can drink straight from a vine-like straw! Other treats and drinks have yet to be announced but it is confirmed that alcoholic beverages will NOT be served in this area.

The Circle of Life ceremony will take place daily at 11:00 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:30, 3:00 & 4:15.
    The Jungle Book Swing! will take place from 6 PM until closing with swing dance performances at 6:30 PM, 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30.

All times are subject to change depending on the closing time of the park. The new Circle of Life Ceremony and The Jungle Book Swing are expected to be open in time for the Halloweentime Celebration but is not to be part of the festivities. All ages are welcome and both attractions are included with the price of admission to Disneyland Park. Both attractions can be found in Adventureland next to The Enchanted Tiki Room and The Jungle Cruise.

• Banned User

^ Creative, I've never actually seen thhe Lion King so I'm not sure what the Circle of Life is can you please explain it to me?

... *jaw drops* YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE LION KING?!
    How about I just show you?

• Closed Account

Thread bump so this isn't buried by morning

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Eagle View Post
    ^ Creative, I've never actually seen thhe Lion King so I'm not sure what the Circle of Life is can you please explain it to me?
    You've NEVER seen the Lion King!!? What planet have you been living on???

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    ... *jaw drops* YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE LION KING?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    You've NEVER seen the Lion King!!? What planet have you been living on???
    That's what I said! The Lion King is often regarded as the best animated feature to ever be released. How could a Disney fan not have seen it?!

He should be disqualified from being a judge for this!

Joking aside, this project is tough! I've got a really good idea for a small world type attraction which would utilize the drops that Pirates use, but even using underground area, I just don't think it could be done. Ugh! Darn those cramped walkways and massive land plot for JC!

^ Yeah, I momentarily thought of a ride there but then quickly shot it down.
    A dark ride won't work, not enough space.
    Even a flat ride won't work because you then would also need room for a queue.
    And going underground instantly makes things go into the $100 million+ range.
    Also, I wouldn't want to expand passed the given area because then I'd have to relocate everything I moved to make space for what I want to put there.
    So I decided to leave the land area the way it is and do with it what I could.
    I think my outcome was pretty decent and a very expandable project.

• Banned User

I'm sorry I've never seen the Lion King, I might have once when I was three but I don't remember it.

• Daughter of a DL worker

So you have not seen the Lion King, Lion King 2, or Lion King 1 1/2?! Timon and Pummba are hilarious in 1 1/2! It's all about them. You know that Simba, Timon, and Pummba are in small world right? Also in world of color and the soundsational parade! You got to watch it this summer or today!

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast