Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: The Future of Imagineering Season 1, Project 2

I know the characters, I remember once parking in the Timon parking lot and then taking the tram to DL and seeing the Sun Wheel, CS, and the MaliBOOMer from that. I'm aware that they're on Small World. I haven't seen WoC or Mickey's Soundsational Parade. Even if I do go this Summer I'm not gonna watch a parade sorry.

You don't like parades either! *GASP*

• Banned User

I just would rather be on rides then watch a parade, do you know what I mean? I want to get my money's worth. I can watch a parade on Youtube, I could also watch a ride on Youtube but then I wouldn't get the feel. A parade on Youtube is the same as in person in my opinion. I use to watch the parades when I was in Kindergarden.

• Daughter of a DL worker

i dont really like watcing parades, but i like music. it's fun to feel the same rhythm in the songs of different movies. i just wanted to see it in person. i did watch it on u tube too. it is a good movie to watch though. sorry i asked.

---------- Post added 07-20-2011 at 05:26 PM ----------

Please check out my new thread. It is a game. Disney Trivia! It will be fun and it gives away points to whoever can guess the right answer first.

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Banned User

^ Can you give me the link ^. Can the grand prize for these people to "work" for me?

• Banned User

Why isn't anyone putting anything up?

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I suppose because the due date is so far away. There's been what, 2 entries out of 18 so far? My guess is they'll start rolling in Saturday.

• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

Mine should be in by tommorow

Basically the only choice is a ride - of course you could put in the flying carpets ride at WDW *Vomit*
    -Luke

• The Legend Ends

Flying Carpets, flying Pumbas? Juuuuuuust kidding *vomits*
    I believe in Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty was real.

Hey Guys! Here is my submission for the Aladdin's Oasis property in Adventureland. I think the area is far too small for an dark ride attraction so I tried to come up with something that would be satisfying visually while being realistic in terms of fitting in the area. One of the things I love about Disneyland is the fact that it has these little areas that lead off into little secluded areas from the main busy sections of the park. Such areas include the Snow white wishing well and grotto aside the castle, the court of angels in New Orleans Square, and areas of Tom Sawyers Island. The new area I came up with is inspired by those wonderful hidden locations that add to the magic of the park. I have included one rough sketch of my own along with photos to give you an idea of my design plan.

The area:

The Aladdin's Oasis theater would be bulldozed to make way for an all new scene of adventure. The area would be lush and would focus around the old crash site of a 1940's jungle plane. Rusty vine covered remnants of a jungle charter plane would scatter the area that would have all new rockwork, trees, and waterways to really create an immersive scene. Part of the area would even connect to the end of the jungle cruise attraction next door, blowing out the wall that is currently at the end of the ride now. Since that area of the jungle cruise is south america, this area would have animatronic panthers and other jungle creatures from the Amazon inhabiting the debris as a new home. Orangutan animatronics would be seen amongst the rubble as well playing curiously with the human things like the parachutes and doing things like sitting in the wreckage of the plane cockpit as if they were driving. There would be colorful flowers, flowing little waterfalls, and more. People would walk around the area and view the little show scenes with the animatronics and plane wreckage or find a nice spot to be able to sit and relax and take in the visuals. A trail would also lead off to a meet n' greet for characters like Indiana Jones, Mickey and Minnie (in Safari attire) and much more.

Here is an image I sketched of one possible show scene. A majestic jungle panther crawls curiously amongst the scene as if trying to figure out what the bizarre wreckage around him is.

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Reference Photos:

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Will 4:00 O'clock central time tomorrow be too late?

P.S. Hawk, your brilliant. The simplicity and tranquility of the area you proposed is just what adventure land needs.
    Last edited by williamtheking; 07-23-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Hawk, I love the idea but I'm just concerned if that plane or even just the front of it could fit there with all the other stuff you want in that area as well.
    I'm also concerned the area might get complaints from traveling guests and their kids who are now worried to fly home and really DON'T wanna leave the Happiest Place on Earth.
    With those two things in mind, I'm thinking perhaps a normally landed small cargo plane (or maybe they hit a few trees on the way in haha) that kids can go inside, press some buttons and stuff.
    But it's your project! I love everything, just worried about the plane concept lol

This seems pretty Cool idea.
    Can i join in the next round?
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Stuck in 1993

Last week somebody had mentioned we would have "at least a week" to complete this project. I don't have a typical work schedule, and have been gone the last two days in addition to tonight. Would I be able to type up my proposal late tonight? I understand deadlines and such, but a work meeting popped up out of the blue and I have to pick up a few friends from the airport now. Any chance they can be due on Monday, such as the last competition?

Cheers

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

The Bazaar of the Bizarre

Introduction
    People often forget that Walt was opposed to building the Haunted Mansion as a ride. He wanted it to be a walk-through. And a major part of this walk through would be a queue, or "spill area," at the entrance. Why was this area so important? Well for starters, it was a predecessor to the blue bayou, meaning it was also a dining area. But the real reason is because of its theme; A Museum of the Weird. Strange artifacts and curiosities from around the world would be prominently displayed, coming to life to entrain guests. If this sounds familiar to pleasure island fans, it should, the concept later inspired the Adventurers Club. Most of these delightfully deranged ideas came straight from the mind of Rolly Crump, an Imagineering legend. Sadly, when Walt passed away and the Haunted Mansion project was inherited by several Imaginers with conflicting ideas, the museum went back onto the drawing board and stayed there permanently. My proposal brings it back to life in adventure land, expanding the queue and restaurant concept into an entire walk-through attraction. Since nothing is in the Aladdin oasis area right now, I think we could take our time constructing the attraction, but it should take only two years at the most. I could not see this costing more than $80 million. While I will obviously provide my own gags and exhibits for this presentation, by no means is this set in stone, the exhibits can always change, and new ideas can always find a home in The Bazaar of the Bizarre!
    Exterior & Curious Caretakers
    “Welcome to the Bazaar of the Bizarre! Where life meets death, science meets superstition, and YOU meet some of the strangest things this world has to offer!” These promises of the preposterous draw the attention of passersby to the rundown encampment between the Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise. White canvass tents filled with haphazardly stacked crates and barrels flank a busted up and hastily built Shanty. A plank of wood with the attractions name crudely carved into it straddles the entrance and the jungle plant life is encroaching from left and right. Outside an endearingly eccentric cast member puts on a show for those in line, or anyone else who cares to watch! At any given time the performer may be seen: doing a magic trick, telling a story to the younger adventures, interacting with Disney characters, handing out gift bags, or rambling on about the mysteries within the bazaar. These are your Curious Caretakers, the custodians of the museum who will guide you through the exhibits. These cast members are scatted throughout the attraction, and they each play a very important role.
    Queue and preshow
    The queue is small and basic; I wouldn’t expect people to wait too long in line for a walk-through. It winds through those white tents and someone with a careful eye will notice that all the crates have humorous instructions and content printed on them. The doors to the shanty open and guests go through a turnstile into the building, and then are directed to one of three rooms where the preshow begins. The doors close, everything is dark for a second, then torches on the walls burst to life! Radio static can be heard, and then an audio track begins to play. “Hello fellow adventures!” the English accent on the radio says. “My name is Rolly and this is the Bazaar of the Bizarre! Here in adventure land strange and exciting things are always being uncovered! The archaeologists need a place to store their findings, and that is where we come in!” As the recording goes on the flame on the torches change color. These changes occur as Rolly discusses the different exhibits. Rolly mentions the “treasures of civilizations past” and the room fills with a brilliant golden light, he talks about “Creatures unknown to Biology” and the chamber is flooded with a plantlike green. New images seem to appear on the walls as the color changes, this is accomplished by using a scrim. Rolly begins to assure us that all the artifacts are perfectly safe, when the transmission drops out and becomes pure static.
    The torches go out, and the tribal masks on the wall begin to glow an eerie green. The static gets louder as their jaws open and green fog beings to pour from their mouths. That fog begins to resemble human forms, almost like something is trying to make its way out through the masks… “RAWGE!!!!” suddenly vengeful sprites lunge from the masks and toward the audience, only to fly up into the air and disappear. A cast member opens a door and says “MY! You all look like you’ve just seen a ghost! I am so sorry this is terrible showmen ship, that isn’t not so post to happen until much later in the tour!” hesitant laughter and the room empties. This effect is accomplished by a combination of pepper’s ghost and projections on the fog.
    Scene 1: The Zoo
    Exiting the shack, visitors spill out into a lush forest. Vines dangle over head just out of reach. These vines draw eyes upward, making guests realize they are underneath a magnificent rainforest canopy. Every now and again monkeys and other small creatures, some found in nature, others only in Disneyland, can be seen swinging and crawling along the branches above. “This is where we keep that strangest of natural phenomena, life!” a caretaker jokes as guests enter this area. While it looks like guests have exited into the real world, this area is actually enclosed, so Disney can protect the various animatronics from the elements.
    Guests get a sense for just how strange this place is when they are serenaded by the “Fly Four” an AA Venus Fly Trap A cappella group. “The Shapeshifter is our most troublesome specimen.” A caretaker says as the pepper’s ghost plays on the low hanging vines, first as a crawling chameleon, then taking the form of a swinging chimpanzee, becoming a frog for a moment to catch some bugs out of the air with its tongue, and then finally after having its meal, changes into a bat and tucks into its wings for an after dinner nap. “We tried putting him in a cage, but he just changed into a bug and flew out through the bars! Regardless, he seems to like it here because he doesn’t leave.” Guests would also notice several (very cute) AA baby dinosaurs playing in a nest. Careful! If anyone gets too close to the little guys, their mother will stick her snout out of the forestry and growl (timed motion sensors triggered)! Several little bamboo cages rest upon mossy stone pedestals scattered throughout the area. These could be home to any variety of creatures from gigantic tarantulas to a Wolpertinger!
    Scene 2: Magical huts
    Guests are directed to a series of aboriginal huts by a caretaker and can move onto this scene when they please. Visitors are hit with a heavy smell of burning incense when they walk in. The burning censers take the grotesque visage of human heads and all sorts of horrific monsters. The fires raging within the bellies of these beasts create hellish shadows on the walls of the hut; you notice that night has fallen. Animals occasionally race across the roof; the small glimpses of them you catch through the straw ceiling make your imagination run wild. Guests shouldn’t notice it, but they are actually going underground during this segment, in order to save room. During this freighting buildup, guests are walking through a succession of small huts, before entering the “Main Hut”, where this scene really begins. The first thing you would notice is the cauldron in the middle of the room, tended to by a mysterious figure and bubbling with the heat of the large fire bellow it. The walls are full of artifacts, such as tribal masks (Which don’t go as crazy as the ones in the preshow, but do foam green fog at the mouth just to keep you guessing) totems, Tiki, weapons (lots of weapons), shrunken heads, mounted animal heads, magic potions, and other things that can’t even be classified! The biggest draw here is of course the cauldron in the center of the room. The witch doctor’s magic stew can do many great things, as he dances around the pot, adding new ingredients, steam and smoke rise from the cauldron and take the shape of images of the further, the past, and the sprite world.
    This is where the caretakers really come in handy. As you can imagine, this scene could be too intense for some tikes. It is the job of the caretakers to entertain the little guys for whom the macabre atmosphere proves too much. After exiting the hut, guests move into what looks like a large palace.
    Scene 3: Treasure Trove
    Guests enter into a lavish Arabian chamber, filled with golden statues and priceless works of art. The room itself feels alive, a marvelous Persian rug sprawled across the floor changes its design when walked on (I think the tech for this might not be yet, but I imagine it involving fiber optics and motion sensors), and the floral patterns engraved on the walls actually change over time (combination of a scrim, a projection, and some actual moving parts in the walls), depicting flowers growing and changing with the seasons. Looking up, guests will notice they are in a magic observatory, the celestial bodies on the ceiling appear to be painted, but they move in an accurate cycle. The majority of the artifacts in the room are cursed or forbidden treasure, each of which has some freighting effect on guests if they are touched or handled. The chest of Cortés and the monkey statue from the cave of wonders make appearances, as do some original effects, like an AA golden sphinx statue that guards a sarcophagus. A caretaker will open up a secret door way every so often and allow guests out of the attraction.
    Snake-oil sales men
    Guests now renter adventure land. They pass by a broken jeep which has been converted into a shop. The shop sells the usually fair, but rethemed to fit in adventure land, such as its signature “snake oil” which is actually Coppertone sunscreen. They also sell toys and miniature versions of the artifacts within the bazaar.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast