Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Re: The Future of Imagineering Season 1, Project 2

Good start but this is far from over. I'm liking the competition so far though
    "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it"
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by basketbuddy101 View Post
    Good start but this is far from over. I'm liking the competition so far though
    I would like to bring up your case as a perfect example of concept art. Basketbuddy101 had 5 pieces of concept art, which brought him up 5 points. In this contest, 5 points is a lot. Had he not had 5 pieces of art, his presentation grade would have only been a 7 or 8 and he would not have won the round.

Even if you don't think you are a good artist, but you can get your point across in a picture, I highly encourage to use art because it can be the determining factor between you winning or losing a competition. This will become much more evident when we get to the later rounds and everyone will only be within a few points of each other.

---------- Post added 07-26-2011 at 06:33 PM ----------

Bump so you can easily find your scores

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I apologize for the delay.

Here are the final scores for this round:

Right Ear:
    Originality: 1/10- This already exists at Disneyland. We are looking for something new, not a rehash of what was already there
    Creativity: 4/10- It’s a nice idea, but we are looking for something new and fresh. This seems like a combination of the previous Aladdin show from this area and the DCA stage show
    Realism: 5/10- Could see this happening, but we are looking for something unique and fresh
    Fun: 6/10- It would definitely be a lot of fun for the kids and a nice break for the adults. It’s much more catered to the kids, though
    Detail: 4/10- Not a lot of detail
    Presentation: 4/10- Difficult to understand
    Overall: 24/60

dth316:
    Originality: 8/10- Very unique ideas, haven’t seen them before, but something more original could have been created for the space
    Creativity: 8/10- Creative idea, but don’t know how well a cartoon tie-in will work for Adventureland
    Realism: 5/10- Would love for it to happen, but don’t know if the investment is worth the outcome
    Fun: 8/10- Definitely a nice place for kids and a nice break for parents
    Detail: 9/10- Great detail, loved the differentiation between the Lion King show and Jungle Book dance party
    Presentation: 7/10- Cute press release idea, would recommend you to use concept art so we can get a good feel for how the venue could be used in different ways
    Overall: 45/60

hawk671:
    Originality: 10/10- Excellent idea. Very original
    Creativity: 10/10- Very creative. Adventureland was designed to be as if nature is overpowering the civilization, so I love the inclusion of the plane to help signify this
    Realism: 7/10- Could definitely see this happening, but I’m not sure the AA animals, being exposed to the elements, could be very realistic.
    Fun: 5/10- Nice and relaxing area that would be one of those places guests get enjoyment from stumbling upon
    Detail: 10/10- excellent attention to detail
    Presentation: 11/10- Very easy to understand and follow, +1 for concept art, good use of visuals
    Overall: 53/60

williamtheking:
    Originality: 10/10- Very original. Have never seen an idea anything like this before!
    Creativity: 10/10- Excellent creativity. I also like how it is a very intense experience, but you also thought of the kids. Great job.
    Realism: 9/10- I could see this happening and it would work great. I also like the use of going slightly underground to save some room.
    Fun: 6/10- I think it would be fun for adults and teenagers, but kids would definitely be scared in many instances.
    Detail: 10/10- Marvelous attention to detail
    Presentation: 7/10- A bit difficult to follow and understand, but you did get most of the points across, +1 for concept art
    Overall: 52/60

basketbddy101:
    Originality: 10/10- Very good idea and very original.
    Creativity: 10/10- Marvelous creativity. I love the use of AA figures to tell a very convincing story
    Realism: 8/10- Could see this happening, but I don’t think the temple facade works well with that area of Adventureland, specifically the Tiki Room facade
    Fun: 6/10- Fun for adults and teenagers, but I think it would scare kids. I really like the interactive feature, though.
    Detail: 10/10- Great detail. Excellent job
    Presentation: 15/10- Excellent presentation, easy to picture, +5 for concept art
    Overall: 59/60

CazzaCarroll:
    Originality: 7/10- I like the Up theme, but I think more could be done with the space than another storytelling venue
    Creativity: 10/10- Very cute idea and creative.
    Realism: 9/10- Could easily see this happening.
    Fun: 8/10- Great spot for kids to participate with the characters and also a relaxing place for parents
    Detail: 9/10- Great attention to detail
    Presentation: 9/10- Easy to understand in most places, +1 for art
    Overall: 52/60

DisneyKid1994:
    Originality: 6/10- I like the idea, but I’ve seen it here before
    Creativity: 7/10- Some different scenes and effects than what I have seen. Neat idea
    Realism: 0/10- This is absolutely no room whatsoever for this to happen. Going underground wouldn’t work because you have Main Street, the Tiki Room, and Jungle Cruise right next to the space
    Fun: 9/10- It would definitely be a fun attraction
    Detail: 7/10- Good detail, but more could be added
    Presentation: 4/10- Difficult to understand at times
    Overall: 33/60

MousEars:
    Originality: 5/10- The Jungle Book idea has been throw around quite a bit
    Creativity: 6/10- Some good ideas, but a lot we have seen already
    Realism: 9/10- Could definitely happen, as it would not be that huge of an investment
    Fun: 8/10- Good place for kids to see characters and for parents to relax
    Detail: 5/10- Some nice details, but more should be added
    Presentation: 3/10- Hard to picture, and don’t go off topic when proposing a piece
    Overall: 36/60

No more proposals will be accepted at this time. Thank you.

The winner of this round is basketbuddy101! Congratulations!

Unfortunately, anyone who is on the list of players but didn't turn in a project, along with Right Ear has been eliminated. Thanks for the support and good luck in all future Armchair Imagineering ventures.

Project 3 will be posted Thursday morning.

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I would like to bring up your case as a perfect example of concept art. Basketbuddy101 had 5 pieces of concept art, which brought him up 5 points. In this contest, 5 points is a lot. Had he not had 5 pieces of art, his presentation grade would have only been a 7 or 8 and he would not have won the round.

Even if you don't think you are a good artist, but you can get your point across in a picture, I highly encourage to use art because it can be the determining factor between you winning or losing a competition. This will become much more evident when we get to the later rounds and everyone will only be within a few points of each other.[COLOR="#8b0000"]
    This is good to know, my sister should have more free time on her hands after this week, so hopefully I can include more art in future projects.

Also, how about a round of applause for Basket Buddy!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

So there's only 7 players left?! Didn't we start off with 18? Wow, 2 rounds and a lot of people have already dropped out. Just wanna say, I'm in it until the end until I'm eliminated (which I predict is maybe 2 or 3 rounds from now, judging from this last round haha).

Congrats to the winner. 18 down to 7 in only 1 real project? HA! That's funny right there!

• Daughter of a DL worker

So, the list are the ppl who r still in the game? I hope so. I like this game, it's fun and exciting and creative. Please don't eliminate me. It's my birthday today! My birthdate rhymes too, so u can always remember it. I will work harder on the next project that starts tomorrow. Am i still in the game?

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    So, the list are the ppl who r still in the game? I hope so. I like this game, it's fun and exciting and creative. Please don't eliminate me. It's my birthday today! My birthdate rhymes too, so u can always remember it. I will work harder on the next project that starts tomorrow. Am i still in the game?
    If you would read the post, it clearly tells you who is still in.

• Daughter of a DL worker

I get it. I did not understand it at first. sorry. It must have been the birthday cake yesterday that got to my head thank you. my threads are not that popular, but want to play? "Disney Trivia!" and "Hidden Mickeys!" r my threads that i want u guys to play on. during the break, i thought u guys can have a little fun. thanks

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

Congrats everyone else who made it through I really love seeing your work
    -Luke

• Minion

In case anyone here hasn't seen it, here is the link to the next project:

Future of Imagineering- Season 1, Project 3

Due next Thursday, August 4th.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567