Exclamation Most dangerous OC, So Cal theme park rides

So based on this state report, this guy has pulled together a list of the five most dangerous theme park rides in orange county--which includes disneyland and dca, of course.

thankfully, most of the disney things are really minor (bitten on the eyelid by a mosquito on Pirates of the Caribbean, lol!) but Knott's didn't come out a big winner in the end. Eeep.

OC's Top Five Most Dangerous Theme Park Rides - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Re: Most dangerous OC, So Cal theme park rides

Thats interesting.I remember a few years back me and my husband & some friends rode Ghostrider and it was so bumpy and fast that all of us thought we felt our brains rattle in our skulls. We have rode it since and it felt a lot better. I think it is a cool ride.

• Minion

some of the injures weren't even ride related lol the mosquito on pirates and the eyelid on splash mtn. lol i feel safer on Disney rides then knott's

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Banned User

Yeah if thats the worst of it, thats a damn good track record. When you consider THOUSANDS of people litterally ride these rides daily and people come away with eyelid injuries, huh?, or a few bruised ribs over years of this report shows how well they maintain these rides. Sadly people have died on them and some people will continue to die on them in the future, thats just part of life. But overall they are pretty safe! Certainly safer than the cars and freeways people take just to get to them.

A few dozen reports of injuries for what are considered rough rides to begin with arent bad.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 07-20-2011 at 04:40 PM.

• Keepin' it calsteady

That's an outrageous title for an article based on a report that found a total of 284 incidents, over 2 years, from all of the OC theme parks combined! The real story is that there are very few injuries reported and the great majority are minor, slip-and-fall incidents. Any injuries that are more serious seem to happen in bunches when a ride has a malfunction, such as the noted case when Pony Express's brakes failed and resulted in 10 reported injuries. The ride only had one additional injury reported during the rest of the two-year period.

Here's the thread I posted with a link to the original report.

---------- Post added 07-20-2011 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    ...And whats CRAZIER is Magic Mountain didnt fall on that list at all, at least not the top 5. I thought their name would be all over that list lol. I guess it shows they have really improved their standards a lot over the decades.
    Magic Mountain isn't in Orange County so it wasn't included in the initial safety-stats article in the OC Register.

• Circle of Ancients

OK ... let's keep things in perspective ...

Even Ghostrider, with 29 injuries in 30 months ... less than one per month.

No indication of whether they are because of the ride, because of rider error, etc. With Ghostrider, yes, the ride was rough. They did try to make things smoother. I never saw any reports that the state "made them" do it. This is the first I'm hearing of that.

What I'm trying to say, these things are blown WAY out of proportion.

Secondly, when it comes to Magic Mountain ... despite popular belief, they actually have a VERY clean safety record despite their large number of thrill rides.

• Banned User

Magic Mountain isn't in Orange County so it wasn't included in the initial safety-stats article in the OC Register.
    LOL, I realized my mistake and tried to edit it before someone read it...wasnt quick enough! I just focused on the 'So Cal' part originally in the title.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    OK ... let's keep things in perspective ...

Secondly, when it comes to Magic Mountain ... despite popular belief, they actually have a VERY clean safety record despite their large number of thrill rides.
    If they dont do something with Green Lantern, I can tell you its a matter of time before someone sues for whiplash.

Money on that one.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    LOL, I realized my mistake and tried to edit it before someone read it...wasnt quick enough! I just focused on the 'So Cal' part originally in the title.
    My need to look smart on the Internet enables me to post corrections with astonishing speed!

• Insomniac

Is it really the rides fault if your girlfriend punches you in the face and cuts your eye brow? If that's the case then splash mountain has been groping people's girlfriends on the final drop for years.
    Last edited by elly; 07-21-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Hotlinked and Inappropriate image removed
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    If they dont do something with Green Lantern, I can tell you its a matter of time before someone sues for whiplash.

Money on that one.

X/X2 has been operating for close to 10-years now without a rider suing the park for whiplash. I highly doubt any one will make a peep over Green Lantern.

Its a shame to see GhostRider in the shape it is. A few years ago it was a top 5 caliber ride, now its not even a shadow of its former self. Its really, really sad to see such a great ride not get the maintenance it deserves.

• Banned User

This goes up there as one of the stupidest things I have ever seen the media do. This is ridiculous

• Fight On for ol' SC!

The article is very Pro-Disney, look at the difference in writing when it comes to Knott's attractions.