Planning first ever visit on Christmas Day - advice, tips, meals

We have been to DLR many times in early to mid-December, but have never visited on the holiday itself. My wife and I, along with some other relatives have decided to surprise our kids, and make this their Christmas present this year. It is going to start with a simple trip from Utah to Las Vegas... but we'll spring the surprise on them when we keep driving south.

Our current plan is to be in the parks from the 22nd to the 25th, with Christmas day our last day at the resort. We know it will be crowded, but with AP's blocked out starting Thursday the 22nd(?) will those days just prior to Christmas be a bit less crowded than the mad-rush between Christmas and New Years?

We are planning on taking it easy on Christmas Day. We will have been in the parks hitting it hard for the prior 3 days, so that day will be our "best of" day, and we'll try and soak in the holiday atmosphere instead of trying to get on every ride. Does the park normally cap-off visitors on Christmas Day? Or... does it prevent you from coming back in later if you hit DCA?

My final question relates to Dining. I've been trying to search for prior options for Christmas Day dinner at the parks, but haven't located anything. I wanted to be prepared 90 days in advance in case we need to get a priority seating. Has anyone dined at any of the parks/hotels or even DTD that could offer advice on a special Christmas dinner menu? Is it typically tough to get a reservation for these? We could always do Mimi's Cafe as well...

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

• Banned User

Re: Planning first ever visit on Christmas Day - advice, tips, meals

I recommend you go on Christmas to see the parade, some good restraurants are the Golden Horseshoe and the plane restraurant at DCA