Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I'm a Lutheran

Red Face DCA Expansion Phase 2: Country Bears, Muppets, Mega Dark Rides, and More...

I haven't been paying too much attention to Disney's plans for DCA's Phase 2 expansion, so I'm just going to go right ahead and post ideas. Feel free to share feedback. These plans take place after Phase 1 respectively, complete with a complete Carsland and Buena Vista Street.

Buena Vista Street- Because the land is well-themed as is, no serious changes will be made save for a new rendition of the Walt Disney - One Man's Dream located within the Carthay Circle Theater. If I recall correctly, Phase 1 plans to include a show inside the theater were axed, so they will finally be reutilized. The new show is called The Walt Disney Story showcasing the story of how Walt came to California, found success in cartoons, went into the movie industry, and eventually made Disneyland. At the end of the film is a short DCA segment all about how "Walt's dream lives on" in the form of DCA. I don't know who would host the film. I'm thinking Morgan Freeman...naw that's a terrible idea, lol. Ideas?

Hollywoodland- With 1920's Los Angeles just a few feet away, Hollywood Pictures Backlot becomes Hollywoodland, Hollywood as it appeared in the 30's and 40's. To make a nice transition between HL and BVS, all of HL's architecture will be redone to a resemble a cross between the ToT's Pueblo Deco-style and the street outside Maroon Studios in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit." With the now up and running red cars and the often used theme of "the Hollywood that never was," Hollywoodland is now the park's equivalant to DL's New Orleans Square and Fantasyland. Remaining attractions: Tower of Terror, Disney Animation, Red Cars, and Disney Junior.

The new additions start with a revised entrance-sign. Rather than reading "Hollywood Pictures Backlot," the sign reads "Hollywoodland," still accompanied by the Intolerance-inspired elephants. The Disney Villains' Night Club replaces Mike and Sulley to the Rescue as DLR's first trackless dark ride. Themed to a shady night club in the back allies of Hollywoodland, guests tour the club encountering the "wild side" of Disney's infamous villains. As it turns out many of them are rather quirky when not on screen (Scar and Shere Khan for instance are seen drinking milk like kittens). When all hope seems lost (Manager Pete threatens to keep guests as permanent employees), Mickey in his sorcerer garb shows up and saves the day in an epic in-ride battle. The show building will probably have to be expanded a little bit and will naturally receive a new exterior. The new exterior resembles a parody of LA's Union Station, featuring a clock tower stuck on 13, a light-tan paint job, etc. The building's support columns resemble oversized skeletons from "The Skeleton Dance," each skeleton baring a different facial expression as they "hold up" the roof. Other little details such as black cats and owls designed into wall-paneling appear all over the place.

The Hyperion receives a proper theatrical exterior right along the lines of the famous Pantages (Which I'm going to tonight to see Shrek the Musical!) rather than a large mural to make the street look bigger. Inside is a new show...what that show is I don't know...because Aladdin is making the jump to Seattle, a new musical probably based on a classic Disney movie will be featured. I can assure you that it WON'T be Toy Story. Or they can always come up with an original show. Maybe a musical revue of Broadway's best. Hey, it doesn't have to always be about Disney. Another theater gets a refurbishment and a new attraction: Muppet*Vision 3D. As much as I love the Muppets, I'm afraid I'm going to have to let them go in favor of...Mickey's PhilharMagic. It's an idea that has been pitched so many times that by this time it seems like it should go somewhere in the resort and Muppet*Vision seems to be the perfect place. The location is right (Would you really want to see it in place of It's Tough to be a Bug or Captain EO?) and the area is right. Because the villain ride is so close, the area already does have a fantasy-like feel, so it does work. That's just my opinion though. Anyways the whole theater will get a makeover to match the rest of the land, also elegant in detail and design. The exterior is graceful and ornate, just like the beauty found in NOS and BVS. Balconies and covered windows appear on the second level, some on either side of the attraction's marquee. Replacing Kermit is a the title of the show in bronze lettering (Not really bronze, but a dark-brown) surrounded by stars and topped by a small bronze statue of Mickey waving a baton. At night hidden fiber optics cause the title, stars, and baton to sparkle like the night sky.

PhilharMagic's queue is a vast difference from MV's queue, no longer themed to Muppet Labs (Obviously) but a luxurious lobby one would find in perhaps the Ahmanson or Pantages. Ornate hallways (With NICE air conditioning) posters advertising upcoming events at the theater (The theater is appropriately named "Allwine Theatre") and doors leading to the dressing rooms of the various performers. Listening to Donald's dressing room guests can hear the angry duck on the phone with various companies and people who have caused him grief, one being Ranger Woodlore. According to the converstation, Donald had an unfortunate camping trip where a certain bear kept stealing his food and causing mayhem. Woodlore constantly assures Donald that his bears would never do anything of the kind, of course making Donald angry with the friendly ranger. The preshow area has been completely remodeled to resemble a lobby of great luxury, featuring chandeliers (Which have cute forest critters built into the design), bronze statues of Mickey and friends, and various props from famous Disney movies and cartoons. The TV monitors remain (But are put in more appropriate locations). Because PhilharMagic doesn't have a preshow, old Disney cartoons are shown instead, ranging from "Tiger Trouble" (My favorite Goofy cartoon) to "Modern Inventions."

PhilharMagic itself is the same. However the theater's interior has had to go through a serious remodel to rid of the Muppets. The balconies once featuring Statler and Waldorf and Bean Bunny remain, only the characters are no longer inside. The orchestra pit remains but alas the penguins and cannon have been removed as has the projector and Swedish Chef in the back. The statues of Miss Piggy acting as support columns are probably going to be replaced by regular columns or perhaps columns featuring the face of Minnie or...Goofy? I don't know why but for some reason I can see Goofy doing that. Musical instruments will be engraved along the sides of the screen and any other traces of the Muppets designed in the walls, seating, or wherever will be removed...it's sad and I feel bad for doing it but I can assure you that the Muppets do have a place elsewhere in Hollywoodland...the Donald animatronic fired out of the screen will be located where the MV projector was once located.

A tribute will be left to MV. A small statue of Kermit will be featured alongside the little forest creatures decorating the chandeliers.

The area around the Hyperion, night club, and PhilharMagic is cleaned-up, ridding of the stage, studio store, and statue of Mickey. A nice fountain is added in the center along with a little area to sit in the shade and relax. The BGM consists of triumphant themes from movies of the 20's, 30's, and 40's (None from Universal), one theme being the most famous of them all: ‪1937 Hooray for Hollywood from Hollywood Hotel‬‏ - YouTube

More to come! Please give feedback.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Banned User

Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2: Country Bears, Muppets, Mega Dark Rides, and More...

Country Bear Jamboree! Log In | Facebook

• Minion

I think a better way to keep the Muppets in Hollywoodland is build the Great Muppet Movie Ride on the old Millionaire site
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Banned User

What the heck is The Great Movie Ride? Is it real or is it someone's idea on this website because I really don't like it. I don't think enough people like the muppets for there to be a whole ride about it! My idea is to build The Great Movie Ride with scenes and one of them being the muppets.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Eagle View Post
    What the heck is The Great Movie Ride? Is it real or is it someone's idea on this website because I really don't like it. I don't think enough people like the muppets for there to be a whole ride about it! My idea is to build The Great Movie Ride with scenes and one of them being the muppets.
    It's a real attraction, at Hollywood Studios, it's 20 minutes long I believe.

• Banned User

I'm sorry, I meant The Great Muppet Movie Ride.

• I'm a Lutheran

Continuing with Hollywoodland...Award Wieners will be closed down, more than likely demolished to open up some space. Looking at a map of DCA from the sky's perspective you can clearly see the old Who Wants to be a Millionaire building has enough room for a small ride or show. Unfortunately the Great Muppet Movie Ride wouldn't really fit in the building...unless it was demolished and expanded upon past the park's berm. There isn't a lot of room here so the building would only push the berm forward a little bit not to create heavy traffic in the esplande. Imagineers would have to dig deeper into the ground to make room for the attraction (The Great Movie Ride) and keep the scenes in pretty close quarters. The ride itself would be based upon the ride's original concept while keeping true to originality by adding new effects and scenes. The building's exterior has a "classic Hollywood" appearance and blends in perfectly with the land's theming. It is not a replica of the Chinese Theater. Along with the night club and Ariel's Undersea Adventure, GMR is one of the park's major dark rides and an instant classic. Other than one or two scenes, this GMR is a new experience and features a new horror scene featuring Nosferatu.

Here's an old map of DCA: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/143/3...5a2c904b31.jpg

GMR will be located in place of the building found right next door to both Monsters and MV3D. That's a pretty small building so it will have to be demolished and rebuilt, expanded to fill in the empty space behind it (To our right-hand side) and possibly pushing back towards the berm a bit. The side of the show building visible from the esplande will be disguised via graceful vines and some trees. Not very original but it does add some "beauty."

The water tower is gone and the former indoor-restaurant has been...well I don't know what to do with this one just yet. I don't want to move Car Toon Spin over here and I don't really want to put in another dark ride due to room and the fact they are in such close proximity. Something will come up. My mind is blank when it comes to all the restaurants and shops as well. Something will come up. The last thing on the agenda is Disney Animation which retains everything that's in there now. Quite frankly the current exterior would look pretty cool put alongside the classic Hollywood look but may not fit the bill. If anyone has any idea for a new exterior let me know. And with that I have finished Hollywoodland...for now. Next item on the agenda is the Golden State.
    Last edited by MANEATINGWREATH; 07-26-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Minion

i wold licke to countery bear jamberee to come in in dca in the grizzle river run
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

So Phase 2 is the "Fan's Wet dream" Phase?
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The Great Muppet Movie Ride was a proposed attraction for the Muppet Studios section of then Disney-MGM Studios. Its focus was a tour of the movies, as interpreted by the Muppets. Basically, I would consider it a parody of the other headliner attraction, the Great Movie Ride. Sadly Jim Henson died before the rest of the area developed besides Muppetvision, and we Muppet fans have been longing for the attraction ever since.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I think Muppet Vision should just be updated.....to be fair its not too poplar so making an E ticket ride based off the Muppets.....seems well dumb from a business stand point. I LOVE the Muppets but I dont think its Big enough to get an E ticket ride when it has a great show already that is always only 1/10 the way full...if that

• Banned User

It's amazing what a simple Google search can get you.

"the great muppet movie ride" - Google Search

• I'm a Lutheran

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    So Phase 2 is the "Fan's Wet dream" Phase?
    Basically lol. I know none of this will ever happen but it is a lot of fun to think about.

• Banned User

Please look at my thread to see my ideas. I think it's easier for you to got to them then for me to retype them all here.

Actually, some of these ideas are ideas that many people believe will happen, such as the Hyperion theater getting an enclosed queue as well as a real lobby.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast