• The Pumpkin King

Is it just me or.... and does Ghost Galaxy go through the whole month of Oct?

Alright, so last month I went on a 2 night 3 day trip at DLR. Went on Space Mountain for the 1st time after 10+ years of not having gone on it because it scared me when I was little. I also went on CS for the 1st time as well. Both rides I had a blast on, really fun. But anyways, after experiancing both, the Matterhorn and BTMRR felt...slow? Before I went on SP and CS, both The Matterhorn and BTMRR felt fast.

Also my second question is in the title.

---------- Post added 07-27-2011 at 12:40 PM ----------

Read 1st post please, thanks

• Sock Puppet

Re: Is it just me or.... and does Ghost Galaxy go through the whole month of Oct?

Last year it started the 17th of September and ran through ALL of October. I would imagine it would be similar this year

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Is it just me or.... and does Ghost Galaxy go through the whole month of Oct?

It was running when I was there last year (1st week of October)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Former CM

Well to be quite honest, most Disney coasters aren't that fast. BTMRR isn't exactly a high thrill coaster, not to mention the track has no real drops so it isn't given quite the same opportunity as bigger coasters to build that speed. The Matterhorn is quick but only in some areas, other times it lags a bit. That also has to do with the fact that originally the Matterhorn bobsleds were just for one bobsled at a time, not two like we have now. Space Mountain (one of my all time absolute favorite coasters) is also very slow. It tops out near only 30mph! I had the chance to ride it with the lights on. Definitely nowhere near as fun. The illusion of speed is created by not knowing where you're going, the projections inside, and the wind machines in the attraction. When it comes down to it, no other coaster at the DLR has any chance of comparing to California Screamin' when it comes to pure speed.

p.s.-Like Disneylandfan67 said SM:GG should be open around mid-to late september and close right after Halloween!