Club 33 Question on Included Admission

Hi all!

I learned today at lunch that a friend of mine just became a member of Club 33. He offered to make reservations for me on my next trip, which is great.

As the day has continued, it hit me that this might solve a little dilemma of mine. I bought an Annual Pass early October last year, but due to work have been completely unable to return since. I'd really, really like to fit two brief trips in before my pass expires, but since I have a Deluxe Annual Pass, Saturdays in August are blocked--which really only leaves the latter part of September. Adding further complication is that my other half has no vacation days, so the trip would have to be over a weekend.

So...if my friend were to set up a reservation for us on Saturday, am I correct that the cost of the meal includes a park ticket that can be picked up at Guest Services--thus getting us in on a day that we are normally blocked on our Passport? Is it true that my friend wouldn't have to be physically with us, as long as he makes the reservation for us?

I know a meal is basically the cost of a ticket anyhow, so I'm not really "saving" much money--but I'd like to go to Club 33 anyway and this would allow me to convince my other half to take a trip sooner rather than later.

Finally, how does pricing work? Is it a set price, or do you pay per item? I assume that lunch is cheaper than dinner.

I did check older threads on this, but wanted to post to see if this is till the case.

Thanks in advance,

Br'er Dan

• Sock Puppet

Re: Club 33 Question on Included Admission

According to a wonderful book I read a couple of weeks ago... Yes, infact, you get admission to both parks! Hope that helps, Ill edit this post if I can find the book! here it is! Amazon.com: Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland: Golden Anniversary Special Edition (Hardcover Book with Audio CD) (9780964060548): David Koenig, Art Linkletter: Books

• DMTNT

You get admission to both parks. I have never been for lunch, but I believe it is a buffet with a fixed cost equal to the price of admission. For dinner, the items are a la carte with varying prices. Your minimum food order is the price of admission, which you will easily exceed if you order salad, entree, dessert and drinks.

Enjoy.

Thanks all! Really good to know.

• Hooterville, USA

You will love lunch there. You simply will not go away hungry!

Now, if you figure out the cost of a hopper ticket, you will find that your meal is basically free.

I have an annual pass, and I still think lunch is a great deal! We usually stay 3 hours eating lunch. I'm not joking about the 3 hours either.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Three hours? Wow! Sounds terrific, though. Honestly, I'd feel a lot better paying those prices for food knowing that I can use the admission ticket too !

Definitely on my list to do someday, so might as well do it now

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Congratulations on getting invited to Club 33 !!! My big question is how long did it take for your friend to become a member? Just wondering because I've been on the waiting list for 5 years now... waiting, waiting, waiting......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dreams do come true

Congrats on having a great friend and for you as well being a great friend for him to offer that. I'll have to wait one day for Hef to get me in or to find a great friend of my own that will join me.

I was there in May and the lunch was by menu with an appetizer buffet and a dessert buffet. I had the lamb with the most divine creamy corn polenta. All of the food is delicious. We have been before but we bought the Club 33 mouse ears and a baseball cap. You will love it, take pictures and call somebody from The Happiest Millionaire phone booth!

• Dreams do come true

I don't mean to be rude but how do most people get in besides a friend or company? I have 5 dreams in life and one of them is to eat there and I'm just hoping for that lucky chance. I know there's people on mc that have those connections but I would never dare ask. I suppose it's just knowing the right people or put out the money and wait on the list to get in.

On the day of your reservation, you go to Guest Services (next to DCA) and tell them you have reservations for Club 33 at such and such time for a party of however many people are on the reservation. You will need to give them your name and the name of the person who set up the reservation. They will give you park hopper tickets and also directions of how to find Club 33. At the time of your reservation (they will make you wait outside if you arrive early), press the call button at the Secret Door. They will ask for your name. Say your last name and party of ______. They will then unlock the door and allow you to come in. The receptionist will meet you in the lobby and take you up the wooden elevator to the restraunt where you will be seated. The service is spectacular! If you can, go fo Sunday Brunch. It's a buffet with the exception of your main course which you pick from a menu. I recommend the the Lobster tail. Unique to Sunday Brunch is that Mickey and Pluto come and see you during the time you are eating. They go from table to table and spend quality time with everyone. Best part is there aren't other people running up to get their turn with Mickey. The Bill is basically the price of the park entrance. Four years ago, the price of the brunch was $65.00 a person. plus tip. Make sure to tip above normal. The service is well worth it. There is a little glass case with items for sale. Oh and the Desert buffet is the best you will ever have. (My wife compares all desert to the desert of club 33). We were treated to club 33 for our Honeymoon!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by kaylas View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but how do most people get in besides a friend or company? I have 5 dreams in life and one of them is to eat there and I'm just hoping for that lucky chance. I know there's people on mc that have those connections but I would never dare ask. I suppose it's just knowing the right people or put out the money and wait on the list to get in.
    I was lucky that one year a MCer offered to anyone, a trip to Club33. 13 of us took him up on his offer and had a great time. Just being a member of MC has paid off dearly.

There are Disney sites and then there's MiceChat!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Funny enough I had a dream that I went there for lunch. I woke up really sad because I don't have any connections. I say go for OP!!! Post pictures for all of us who aren't able to go!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    There are Disney sites and then there's MiceChat!
    I wasn't aware there were any other Disney sites.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.