Casual vistors will enjoy original DCA?

Now I'm the only one of my friends and family that is as passionate and care as much about Disneyland to be apart of a message board. And when I mention news like the golden gate bridge going down or the letters being one they seem to say they liked them and they will be missed. While the consensus here seems to be good riddance. When I explain how they would no longer fit into the theme they say "that makes sense but I liked it" mainly because they like to take pictures in front of the certain letter that begins their name by these groups I wonder if the new DCA will not work out as planned for the casual visitor

• Banned User

Re: Casual vistors will enjoy original DCA?

Well Disney is spending $1.1 billion just to shut up the vast minority group of the fans, so it's hit and miss with the casual visitors....

On a serious note. People are saying this now because they don't know what the final product will look like. People aren't going to be mission the letters or Golden Gate once the new entrance arrives.

• Minion

^ Not only that, but if casual visitors liked the original DCA, they would have visited more often! The entire point of the DCA makeover is to change the things the general public didn't like about the original. Had they taken to the original DCA, the makeover wouldn't be necessary.

My family is the same way. They always seem upset about news like this when I tell them. But I think the difference for the casual visitor is that for them, out of sight means out of mind. Once they see the new things DCA will have to offer, they won't be too concerned about the losses.

• formerly very helpful

The casual visitors won't notice the differences in the aesthetics. They won't have much feelings about it at all.

People aren't going to be mission the letters or Golden Gate once the new entrance arrives.
    I disagree. I went yesterday and I definitely liked the letters better than the new entrance gate. It just seems so plain without them. And I will most definitely miss the Golden Gate bridge.

• For Narnia and for Aslan!

Although casual visitors won't speculate the new additions as much as people like us on message boards do, I don't think that means they all have a "good riddance" mindset. Most visitors just see the changes as updates and probably won't have any feelings more than minor sadness or a bit of excitement. This isn't to say they're unappreciative or Disney's only catering to the passionate diehard fans. It's hard to get excited about something that wasn't really loved in the first place.
    You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."