Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• I'm not really here

Re: MARVEL Superhero Theme Park--Third Gate Idea

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Sooner than everyone may think....
    I would have to agree with this statement.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Spiderman is way more appealing to an 8 year old who thinks he's real than to a 22 year old. If Disney were to build a Marvel based park and not have a large portion of the rides be suitable for young children then it would be the worst move Disney ever made.
    Actually, the Marvel franchise appeals to generations of comic book fans. The "kids" that grew up with Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic Four, The Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man, etc...... for the past thirty years are the ones with the disposible income and now have kids of their own that are being opened up to a whole new world via movies.

That being said, I agree that a Marvel exclusive theme park may not be the best idea but Disney also has it's own superheros that it has created over the years via its movies. And I have heard rumblings as far back as 5 years ago from employees that Disney is planning on building this third park in that area, incorporating the Disneyland Hotel into it much the same way DCA incorporated the Grand Californian Hotel. Any way you look at it, it is still years off given the current remodel of the parks they are doing now. Unless something is planned to be annouced at D23..........

• Minion

Good to see this back on the first page haha! I agree that MARVEL Comics aren't exclusive for children. The movies are rated PG-13, some even R (Punisher, Kick ***, etc.) so it's not like it attracts an exclusively young audience like say Pixar movies do. And I tried to incorporate some kid-friendly rides into the plan but I understand it's an awful lot to read. Sometimes, in my opinion, you have to think about what technology would work best to tell a story, regardless of how kid-friendly it is.

• The Lost One

If this happens(any marvel land/park) I want a X-men 3-D motion ride like star tours. They could have branching paths like one being chased by a sentinel or escaping from a weapon x facility.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234