Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• -

Re: what ride would you like to see in frontierland

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Now now... MARVEL gun fighters don't, get it straight.
    Oh ya. I keep forgetting. There is an inconsistency of rules where Marvel is concerned.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Oh ya. I keep forgetting. There is an inconsistency of rules where Marvel is concerned.
    These are comic book characters where rules of time, space, science, physics, or anything else do not apply. You want to be entertained while waiting to get on Thunder Mtn RR - have The Thing stand up there and kick the backside out of a cattle rustler or bank robber. He kind of blends in with the mountain anyway. Now that's entertainment.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    These are comic book characters where rules of time, space, science, physics, or anything else do not apply. You want to be entertained while waiting to get on Thunder Mtn RR - have The Thing stand up there and kick the backside out of a cattle rustler or bank robber. He kind of blends in with the mountain anyway. Now that's entertainment.
    I would rather see him kick the pants off those people who feel the need to recite the " wildest ride in the wilderness" line.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by snowsbeau View Post
    Bring back Davy Crockett in a dark ride where he is trying to kill a bear (the rider). He pops up several times during the ride pointing a gun at you. The ride ends with a photo of someone from the ride vehicles head superimposed on a bearskin rug! And you thought Snow Whites Scary Adventures was bad!

Ha ha... that's actually creative though. Davy Crockett trying to murder you the whole ride.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I once thought of an indoor show where an AA Native American would tell legends from the old west over a campfire, and the smoke (fog?) from the campfire would rise up to the ceiling and serve as a gradually growing, billowing, unfolding projection canvas for a WoC-style experience. The images would then be replaced/supplemented with AAs, fake gunfire, surround-sound sound effects, and whatever else to create an experience like the American Adventure at Epcot, but focused just on figures from the West and with a single narrator. I'm not sure what the demand for such an experience would be though, considering shows at Disneyland don't often have the longest shelf life.

I really, really like that idea.

• Senior Minion

+1. Nice one, MarkTwain. That's the kind of mix of history + fantasy + technology + showmanship that I identify with classic Disneyland attractions.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• 2 shots on the rocks.

A Woody spinner.

I'd like to see a covered wagon selling McDonald's fries...oh, wait...never mind.

Something resembling the Western River Expedition.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Something resembling the Western River Expedition.
    I'd have to agree with this.

Unfortunately, Western Rive Expedition will never come to fruition.

• formerly very helpful

Love this idea:
    I'd like to see something... anything... with some AAs and scenery. One disappointing thing about Frontierland, even with all of these western towns and boats and runaway trains, is the lack of actual cowboys, one of the most iconic elements of the American west. Tomorrowland has its spacemen, Adventureland has its explorers, and Fantasyland has its princesses, but where are our cowboys?? Another problem is the lack of a non-Rivers of America ride that the little guys can join in on - and it's often little kids that are most into the "cowboys and Indians" thing to begin with.

So I think the best solution would be either a stagecoach, or covered wagon, or even dropless flume ride (like small world) where the whole family could just admire the scenery and look at stuff. It wouldn't have to be boring, though... have geysers going off and almost (or actually) hit the guests... dancing saguaro cacti... robbers holding up a stagecoach, and then a sheriff showing up to stop them... Native Americans peeking at guests from behind rocks... guys doing a shootout all around the vehicle... and then a big hoedown when the good guys win (How well can AAs dance, anyway? I'd like to see WDI show us). And maybe some of the animatronic wildlife from Nature's Wonderland while they're at it. Just a good, old-school Disney Western dark ride (even if it's outdoors).
    As well as:

I once thought of an indoor show where an AA Native American would tell legends from the old west over a campfire, and the smoke (fog?) from the campfire would rise up to the ceiling and serve as a gradually growing, billowing, unfolding projection canvas for a WoC-style experience. The images would then be replaced/supplemented with AAs, fake gunfire, surround-sound sound effects, and whatever else to create an experience like the American Adventure at Epcot, but focused just on figures from the West and with a single narrator. I'm not sure what the demand for such an experience would be though, considering shows at Disneyland don't often have the longest shelf life.
    I also liked the idea about Sleepy Hollow. I think that could work for Frontierland, even though the story took part in Colonial America.

Any of my own ideas would be similar with lots of AAs, and slow enough to enjoy the scenery.
    Last edited by sbk1234; 07-30-2011 at 09:16 PM.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

The River used to be a lot busier when the Keelboats were running. They were a welcome addition with the humorous pilots.

I'd like to see Country Bears back.

There used to be gunfights over the Golden Horseshoe Review that were pretty fun.

I guess the Mule Ride is out though.....

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Western River Expedition!!!
    Matthew

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    The River used to be a lot busier when the Keelboats were running. They were a welcome addition with the humorous pilots.

I'd like to see Country Bears back.

There used to be gunfights over the Golden Horseshoe Review that were pretty fun.

I guess the Mule Ride is out though.....

That right there just killed another argument earlier that gunfighters don't belong in Disneyland.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    That right there just killed another argument earlier that gunfighters don't belong in Disneyland.
    Yeah anyone who says gun fighters, marvel or otherwise, do not belong in Frontierland needs to look at the history of Frontierland. Or even just Disneyland. The 1959 rededication parade had a float where a gun fight broke out and the announcer says that the good guy killed everyone. Lol Also anyone who thinks it is too violent needs to look at Pirates of the Caribean. Most of what made Frontierland exciting back in the day was the idea of cowboys, Indians, and outlaws. I doubt Disney would use a little known Marvel character but if they did use the ones brought up earlier I would not complain. Frontierland needs more excitement and life especially in the pass around big thunder ranch.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast