Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• -

Re: what ride would you like to see in frontierland

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    That right there just killed another argument earlier that gunfighters don't belong in Disneyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Yeah anyone who says gun fighters, marvel or otherwise, do not belong in Frontierland needs to look at the history of Frontierland. Or even just Disneyland. The 1959 rededication parade had a float where a gun fight broke out and the announcer says that the good guy killed everyone. Lol Also anyone who thinks it is too violent needs to look at Pirates of the Caribean. Most of what made Frontierland exciting back in the day was the idea of cowboys, Indians, and outlaws. I doubt Disney would use a little known Marvel character but if they did use the ones brought up earlier I would not complain. Frontierland needs more excitement and life especially in the pass around big thunder ranch.
    And before some anti-Marvel person tries to use the argument that the reason gun fighters are no longer there is because they are too violent, I will point out the fact that there is still a shooting gallery in Frontierland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I once thought of an indoor show where an AA Native American would tell legends from the old west over a campfire, and the smoke (fog?) from the campfire would rise up to the ceiling and serve as a gradually growing, billowing, unfolding projection canvas for a WoC-style experience. The images would then be replaced/supplemented with AAs, fake gunfire, surround-sound sound effects, and whatever else to create an experience like the American Adventure at Epcot, but focused just on figures from the West and with a single narrator. I'm not sure what the demand for such an experience would be though, considering shows at Disneyland don't often have the longest shelf life.
    I like this a lot. With the billowing smoke becoming a type of projection screen I think this could be done really well. Maybe it would have a longer shelf life if, like WoC, the projections could be easily changed out so it stays fresh with new stories.

I would like to see a stagecoach/haunted ghost town type attraction. PoC style where you tour through the town/story full of ghost cowboys still having card games and shootouts. Just think, Disney could make a movie prequel to the ride and show the town when the characters were still alive.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    I would like to see a sleepy hollow ride(thoe it may not fit)i think it would be really cool.How bout you guys
    No because it would be completely out of theme with Frontierland. I'd like to see a Stagecoach Ride, a Buckboard or Connestoga Wagon ride, that was the frontier.

---------- Post added 07-31-2011 at 08:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Those sound like good ideas, but apparently gun fighters don't belong in the old west. Too bad because those would have been great.
    We see what they have done to pirates in the Caribbean, do you really think they were going to allow gunfighters? Western towns were mostly gambling halls and cathouses. While I salivate at the possibilities in profit from those two ventures in Frontierland I am afraid the spoil sports would find some way to object.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jeremys View Post
    No because it would be completely out of theme with Frontierland. I'd like to see a Stagecoach Ride, a Buckboard or Connestoga Wagon ride, that was the frontier.

---------- Post added 07-31-2011 at 08:17 AM ----------

We see what they have done to pirates in the Caribbean, do you really think they were going to allow gunfighters? Western towns were mostly gambling halls and cathouses. While I salivate at the possibilities in profit from those two ventures in Frontierland I am afraid the spoil sports would find some way to object.
    To be fair, all the violence got left in, it was any sexual stuff that people complained about. This is America, shoot as many people as you want, just don't you dare show a boob. Also don't shoot at fake animals.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I'd like to see something... anything... with some AAs and scenery. One disappointing thing about Frontierland, even with all of these western towns and boats and runaway trains, is the lack of actual cowboys, one of the most iconic elements of the American west. Tomorrowland has its spacemen, Adventureland has its explorers, and Fantasyland has its princesses, but where are our cowboys?? Another problem is the lack of a non-Rivers of America ride that the little guys can join in on - and it's often little kids that are most into the "cowboys and Indians" thing to begin with.

So I think the best solution would be either a stagecoach, or covered wagon, or even dropless flume ride (like small world) where the whole family could just admire the scenery and look at stuff. It wouldn't have to be boring, though... have geysers going off and almost (or actually) hit the guests... dancing saguaro cacti... robbers holding up a stagecoach, and then a sheriff showing up to stop them... Native Americans peeking at guests from behind rocks... guys doing a shootout all around the vehicle... and then a big hoedown when the good guys win (How well can AAs dance, anyway? I'd like to see WDI show us). And maybe some of the animatronic wildlife from Nature's Wonderland while they're at it. Just a good, old-school Disney Western dark ride (even if it's outdoors).
    a million times yes.

The Conestoga Wagon to buy Conestoga Fries.

• Sock Puppet

I wanna see a boat ride inside Big Thunder with people like skippers telling jokes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123