Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney fan

Dirty Disneyland and the "backside" of World of Color

MobileMe Gallery

Here's a photo of the trash can in front of POTC. The park's trash cans looked like this all over the park today at one time or another.

Plus photos of the "backside" of WOC.

Re: Dirty Disneyland and the "backside" of World of Color

That trash can in front of Pirates is unacceptable!

What this means is that the Lead wasn't checking the queue, probably because he/she was focused too much on getting high hourly counts and was letting the other three Keys go by the wayside. It also means the manager on duty wasn't looking very closely as they walked the area, or perhaps they weren't bothering to leave the office at all.

Whatever the cause, that type of mess at the entrance to the most popular E Ticket in the park on a busy Saturday when 40,000 people will go on that ride is totally unacceptable. Shame on the Pirates Lead, the managers on duty, and Custodial for letting it get that bad.

• Cunning infiltrator

Man, look at that mess. The trash can is full and there are lots of bottles, used napkins, and cups laying on the ground. Instead of just dropping near the full trash can, I would have hold it until the next trash can in the queue.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

I've never seen a trashcan that bad at Disneyland. Unacceptable. Your shots of WoC are really cool though! What an interesting perspective to the show!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen a trash can that out of control at Disneyland before. Even if it was a busy day, that is (as HatAndMouse said) is complete unacceptable.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    Man, look at that mess. The trash can is full and there are lots of bottles, used napkins, and cups laying on the ground. Instead of just dropping near the full trash can, I would have hold it until the next trash can in the queue.
    I agree. Even if there are no more trash cans between the door and loading dock (and I believe there are), I'd tell the cast member at the loading dock the situation and ask where I could throw my trash before boarding. He or she would probably take it for me and dispose of it. If enough people did this then maybe the CMs would say something to their manager about the overflowing can at the door. It's interesting how people just blindly keep leaving stuff at an overflowing trash can instead of taking it an extra step.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

• Zephyr Pilot

Custodial CMs should be the ones walking the queues regularly. Whoever was assigned to that area didn't do their job for one reason or another. It's possible they had some other custodial issue to deal with but it still should not have gotten that bad. The attractions CM can call custodial if it is brought to their attention by a guest. Otherwise, attraction CMs of POTC would never know about it. They don't pass that trash can.

• Hooterville, USA

I don't mind the trash can as much as I hate to see bottles floating in the flume.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disney fan

I saw a few bottles floating by the gator just past the dock in POTC too. I've never seen that before. Yesterday was a combination of too few custodial workers and a lot of guest who just didn't care. The problem is when someone passes several trash cans that are overflowing, which is the case yesterday at Pirates, the average person is lazy and will just dump their trash. I also saw a cup in the window of Mr. Toad. Overall trash was unacceptable. DCA was fine, but Disneyland wasn't.

It was bad enough for my 8 year old to notice. More than once I've picked up a conspicuous pice of trash when I waked past it and a trash can. I did this yesterday in particular in front of another guest that looked at me with quite a surprised look on his face. I drop $2000 a year in APs, plus a DVC membership etc., I've been going to the park for 45 years, I was born across the street from Disney Studios for goodness sakes. I've taken ownership of the park.

• Sock Puppet

Thumbs down Re: Dirty Disneyland and the "backside" of World of Color

That is inexcuseable, even if the custodian cast member that was supposed to be patrolling the area was off on a different job, it should not have taken him/her that long to go back to his regular position. Never, in any of my visits have I seen anything like this... Also, another thing that made me mad by looking at that picture was the fact that the guests just threw their trash on the ground around the trashcan! This is Disneyland for God's sake! Not their room, they should show a little more respect! But then again, the human race has become a little too conceded for that...

• Disney fan

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    Also, another thing that made me mad by looking at that picture was the fact that the guests just threw their trash on the ground around the trashcan! This is Disneyland for God's sake! Not their room, they should show a little more respect! But then again, the human race has become a little too conceded for that...
    This time of year there's a lot more out of towners that don't hold the park as dear as some locals do. They walk around like the HUGE dollars they plop down allows them to behave badly and treat the park like it's their own. I saw a cast member get insulted and threatened when we were boarding the tram on the way in just because they were telling someone how to be safe.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Once in a great while, I have seen that particular trash can overflowing. Usually, on busier days, and when the queue is full for hours straight, it's doesn't appear to be the easiest trash can for custodial to get to, to clean out. (although that shouldn't be used as an excuse, just saying that I can see how that could occur). Disney should obviously know which trash cans fill up quicker, and keep an eye on those. But I wouldn't be blamming guests who place their trash on top or at the base of the the full trash can. At least they are trying to place the garbage where it should normally be placed.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    MobileMe Gallery

Here's a photo of the trash can in front of POTC. The park's trash cans looked like this all over the park today at one time or another.

Plus photos of the "backside" of WOC.
    Omg.

• Disney fan

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Once in a great while, I have seen that particular trash can overflowing. Usually, on busier days, and when the queue is full for hours straight, it's doesn't appear to be the easiest trash can for custodial to get to, to clean out. (although that shouldn't be used as an excuse, just saying that I can see how that could occur). Disney should obviously know which trash cans fill up quicker, and keep an eye on those. But I wouldn't be blamming guests who place their trash on top or at the base of the the full trash can. At least they are trying to place the garbage where it should normally be placed.
    I think there's a custodial closet between that trashcan and the Royal Street Veranda, about 10 feet.

I know for a fact that when the trash cans get full like that, their a pain in the butt to change. Always best to change them before they become full.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast