• Future Imagineer

Armchair Imagineering: DCA Expansion: Paradise Pier Spookhouse: The Nightmare Journey

Alot of us want a spook house ride in Paradise Pier, and another dark ride in DCA. I combined those with the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Ride Name: The Nightmare Journey
    Ride Type: Dark Ride (similar to Peter Pan)
    Ride Length: around 8 minutes

The Exterior:
    The exterior of this ride will be a forest with a trail leading to the Holiday Hub, with the trees that teleport you to the different holidays. The Halloween door will be open, and the queue would start there.

The Queue:
    From there, you'd go through the gates and past the walls with pumpkins on top. Then you will enter the Town Square. Here would be a recreation of the fountain and buildings surrounding it. After a couple of switchbacks in the hub, you would enter the Town Hall, where the residents have set up a projection screen on the stage to welcome you to their town, and it would give you a preshow/safety video. Then you will be guided to the Launch Pad, where you board your flying coffin. It would have Fantasyland style mural in the background.

The Ride Vehicle:

(concept art done by official Imagineers for the never built version, not by me)
    As you can see, the ride vehicle will be a suspended coffin with side-by-side seating. What's not featured in the concept art is that the ride vehicle can move up and down when it would fit the scene.

Overview:

This is the basic ride layout. Scene 1: This is Halloween (song), Scene 2: Jack's Announcement, Scene 3: The Professor's Invention (he would invent the flying reindeer), Scene 3: Forest Flight, Scene 4: Oogies Lair:

(would be the intro into his lair)
    Scene 5: "The Oogie Boogie Man", Scene 6: "What's This", Scene 7: Snowing in Halloweentown, Scene 8: "Finally". The ride would end with the coffin going by the curled, snow covered hill with Jack and Sally singing their song, and then you depart.

Re: Armchair Imagineering: DCA Expansion: Paradise Pier Spookhouse: The Nightmare Jou

No, I vote for Magic Castle/Mystic Manor in Hollywoodland. Could this idea be modified to fit into Hollywoodland? It's a pretty good theme, I'd just like something more original than another film franchise......

But that's just me, I know a lot of people want a "haunted house/Museum of the Weird" in PP......

I'd just prefer it be in Hollywoodland w/ an original theme not connected to a film.

• Minion

Re: Armchair Imagineering: DCA Expansion: Paradise Pier Spookhouse: The Nightmare Jou

While I have always thought this was a great idea for an attraction, I don't know if Paradise Pier is the right location. It just doesn't fit in with a 1920s seaside amusement park.

With that said, I think this would be the perfect attraction for a 3rd gate. A lot of people have had the idea of the 3rd gate being themed to myths and legends and this attraction would fit beautifully into that over-arching theme.

A Nightmare Before Christmas ride would be great and the Haunted Mansion could take on a very spooky and decrepit Christmas overlay.

• Minion

Mad Doctor/Haunted House/Lonesome Ghosts hybrid would be a better fit, keeping with the Pier's Disney short themes.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

the first time i saw the concept art of this ride a few years ago. i said "put it in the millionaire building"

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Mad Doctor/Haunted House/Lonesome Ghosts hybrid would be a better fit, keeping with the Pier's Disney short themes.
    Well, Toy Story and the Little Mermaid aren't short themes. And I think that PP should cut back on cartoon based rides (they'd fit in Toontown). Also, I have other concepts for a haunted house ride in PP if anyone wants to know what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    While I have always thought this was a great idea for an attraction, I don't know if Paradise Pier is the right location. It just doesn't fit in with a 1920s seaside amusement park.

With that said, I think this would be the perfect attraction for a 3rd gate. A lot of people have had the idea of the 3rd gate being themed to myths and legends and this attraction would fit beautifully into that over-arching theme.
    Old Seaside piers did have haunted house rides back then. I also had it planned for my Fantasy Kingdom park (which is basicly a huge Fantasyland).

Quote Originally Posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
    No, I vote for Magic Castle/Mystic Manor in Hollywoodland. Could this idea be modified to fit into Hollywoodland? It's a pretty good theme, I'd just like something more original than another film franchise......

But that's just me, I know a lot of people want a "haunted house/Museum of the Weird" in PP......

I'd just prefer it be in Hollywoodland w/ an original theme not connected to a film.
    One thing though, California doesn't have any castles (for the Magic Castle), so it wouldn't fit in DCA. A haunted house ride would more or likely fit in Paradise Pier since some of the old piers in Cali. had them. Also, I already have different plans for HL (updating Monsters and Muppets, adding an E-Ticket Toon Studio Tour, etc).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Old Seaside piers did have haunted house rides back then. I also had it planned for my Fantasy Kingdom park (which is basicly a huge Fantasyland).
    I get where you're coming from, but since you mentioned that you enter the attraction through a forest, it doesn't fit with the Pier.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Wow this looks like a really cool idea!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Future Imagineer

Thanks.