Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Just Returned from DLR... Some Positive, Negative, and Neutral Observations

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    With the intense July crowds, I know there aren't many other options, but it really makes for an unpleasant experience when you’re already struggling to survive crossing through New Orleans Square during or right after Fantasmic and you have cast members waving their glow sticks and screaming at the top of their lungs to stay on one side or the other. We aren’t cattle.
    Interesting.

Fantasmic Guest Control Management posts the weekly Guest Compliments and Concerns on a bulletin board in the office. You know what the number one complaint is for Guest Control? No, it's not that people were being treated like "cattle" or were being forcibly moved from one area to another. The number one complaint is "You didn't have any Cast Members there to direct people!" or "The Cast Members working crowd control weren't doing enough to keep the crowd moving" and/or "The Cast Member wasn't being loud enough and people were ignoring her, putting my family in danger".

I get it. You don't like it when a 19 year old kid has to bellow orders and commands to keep moving or stay to your right to attempt to move 9,000 people out while moving a new 9,000 people in to a viewing area in under 45 minutes. But the alternative of meek or non-existent Guest Control CM's is utter chaos.

And the number one complaint from Guests has always been that there weren't enough Guest Control CM's or they weren't forceful or loud enough. Obviously management knows this and will continue staffing hundreds of Guest Control positions each day at substantial cost to keep the crowds moving. And they will keep waving their flashlights and imploring people to stay to their right and not stop in the walkways, all in an attempt to get you to where you need to be.

You're welcome!

• We set sail for the sky

Uh, thanks. I was just describing my personal experience. Of the 55,000 other guests that visited the park on that particular day I'm certain that there were all levels of reactions to the waving glow wands and yelling CMs. I know that it would be utter chaos without them there, I just wish that a different solution could be devised. At one point, they were completely blocking off the entrance to Adventureland from New Orleans Square, which made absolutely no sense to me.

Plus, I am completely aware that I'm more sensitive to stuff like this because I'm on vacation and don't want to have anyone telling me what to do or where to go.

• That's a lot of look.

Pinocchio's whale and Snow White are STILL scary for me. I am 40 years old. Ahem...

• Nutty guy from Canada

Nice report and I concur on most except for Fantasmic which I have yet to experience.

My wife and I had a conversation about the dark rides in Fantasyland with regards to our kids (both of whom were under two in May when we last went).

I had not been on the rides yet in my previous two visits and she had only been on them once nearly a decade ago. After talking to people and doing a bit of research we decided not to try and take them through and after going through them myself I am grateful for that decision.

Our next visit will probably be in 2013 so they'll be 4 and 5 roughly so we'll see at that time.

As for Tomorrowland.... I think the time has come to put up some constructions walls around the entire land, allowing access to Buzz, Star Tours and perhaps Space Mountain and declare a redo on everything else. I'm a scifi nut and it is my least favorite land at the entire resort.
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Planned Trips: DLR November 2015, WDW March 2018

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    Of course I donít mind using your cell phone while you are waiting in line to pass the time, but at least have the courtesy to turn it off when the ride starts.
    OK, but don't use up all my minutes.

• Cleared for the option

July 29th, 2010 I was at Disneyland for my Birthday. I had my birthday button on and I was standing in line for ice cream for my kids. This woman in her 70's turned and said, Oh, it's your birthday!" She gave me a huge kiss and lead the whole line into singing Happy Birthday to me!

Sometimes, people pull through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12