• Back in Black

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads... (A look to DLR's past)

Lets say that you are given access to Doc Brown's time-traveling Delorian for a single use experience at Disneyland... When in the Park's history would you go and why?

I mentioned this in another thread already, but I would really love to travel back to the Disneyland of the early 70's, so that I may have a chance to ride Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland and the Rainbow Caverns... They hold the most mystery and draw to me, and I'm just so fascinated by the ride and it's experience!
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• Minion

Re: Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads... (A look to DLR's past)

I don't blame you; the 1970s was truly a great era, arguably the peak of the park's lifespan. If you get the tickets I'll go with you and be your tourguide of that version of the park.

Having been there during that time myself, I would choose to go to an earlier era before I was born, maybe not 1955 but possibly 1959.

• Closed Account

1966 to ride the flying saucers but luigis is on the way, so maybe not. opening day for sure, Walt did meet and greets

I miss the skyway and the one where you shrink down into a microscope.

Those aside, I think opening day is a must - even though so many things went wrong! That would be part of the beauty.

• Minion

If there is no time travel paradox, I'd like to go back to 1978 or 1979, so I can see me work at the Blue Bayou and maybe have a dinner there while I worked.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I don't blame you; the 1970s was truly a great era, arguably the peak of the park's lifespan. If you get the tickets I'll go with you and be your tourguide of that version of the park.
    Bingo. The Keelboats, Pack Mules, Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland and Golden Horseshoe Revue in a Frontierland that truly was Frontierland. A Tom Sawyer Island that was a kid's pre-lawyer play paradise, complete with working fort and guns you could shoot and a burning settler's cabin. A Bear County when "bear" didn't just mean Winnie the Pooh. Nighttime rides on the Mark Twain every night, and strolling the charming atmosphere of New Orleans Square after dark. Tomorrowland in its prime as an amazing "world on the move." Unique shops stocked with land-appropriate, only-in-Disneyland merchandise. Full-service restaurants like Hills Brothers and the Tahitian Terrace. Shaded benches to sit and people watch where now there are ODV carts. Live entertainment everywhere. World class customer service from world class employees, many of whom had been with the Park since it opened. A management team that understood on a gut level what Disneyland magic was all about. And a public that treated the Park -- and each other -- with respect.

Yeah, I would miss today's Fantasyland and today's updated Jungle Cruise dock. But damn little else.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-02-2011 at 11:32 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1955 View Post
    Lets say that you are given access to Doc Brown's time-traveling Delorian for a single use experience at Disneyland... When in the Park's history would you go and why?

I mentioned this in another thread already, but I would really love to travel back to the Disneyland of the early 70's, so that I may have a chance to ride Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland and the Rainbow Caverns... They hold the most mystery and draw to me, and I'm just so fascinated by the ride and it's experience!
    The 70's would be a good time. Paul McCartney was part of Wings, John Lennon was still alive and making music, and All in the Family and MASH were hit shows. I would love to go back there to visit old Fantasyland since I was too young to remember it the first time around.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."