I spent 3 years of my free time working on a hobby to redesign Disney’s California Adventure theme park and design one E-Ticket attraction. Nerdy, right? I’ve put together 7 posts to explain what I did, and if you have any comments or criticism I’ld like to hear it.

Let me start at the beginning…

California Adventure opened in 2001, and I probably first visited around 2004 or 2005. Despite hearing a lot of complaints I really wanted to like it and honestly hoped for the best. It was a frustrating trip. I spent a lot of time thinking how I would do things differently, which snowballed into a multi-year project.

My Disneyland Resort Project consists of 3 parts. Part 1 is a study of the original Disneyland theme park, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Haunted Mansion. This information gave me clues about how to redesign California Adventure (Part 2), and then within this made-up park I came up with an E-Ticket attraction (Part 3).

For the record, I am not, nor have I ever been, an employee of Disney or Disneyland. The tools at my disposal were the internet and 5 blueprints I bought online. They include:

Disneyland overall park- this was drawn in 1965 for what would be Disneyland 1967.

Pirates of the Caribbean

The Haunted Mansion

Next post: Hello, welcome to Disneyland.