Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: When is DL the most magicalist?

It's starting to sound like a broken record around here but I also have to say late at night, particularly after all the entertainment is over. I love the emptiness that results from the mass exodus after Fantasmic and the fireworks. I adore the feeling that any attraction is possible.

In particular, Christmastime is extra special to me. When you can hear the beautiful music paired with the sparkle of the lights, it takes everything I have to keep the happy tears from flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I've heard of companies renting out the Haunted Mansion for their employees. That would be the ultimate experience!
    Wow! Yeah that would be great!

• Greetings, Program!

I recently discovered how magical the place can be after a couple of Glowjitos.

Seriously though....the magic happens for me during those off-peaks nights and the Twain is gliding out of view after passing Splash. Aft top-deck right above the paddle wheel. Es bueno!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Disney Obsessed

the night time is special. For me I just want to sit on mainstreet and never move. but at the same time it is soo sad to me too because I never want to leave. The early morning is fantastic too. Up early.. a little groggy until you hear the ticket chirp! Early in the morning when you're fresh and wide eyed is a magical time too!

but that dang afternoon! lol.. when it's busy! I usually use that time to find lunch and some less popular attractions to avoid the crowds and heat!

• Keepin' it calsteady

I went to Disneyland last December to spend the day taking pictures by myself. It was a strange experience that I'm happy to have done once and am unlikely ever to try again, but it ended with the holiday fireworks that really did feel magical. The lighting and re-lighting of the castle got things started and by the time the snow started falling it was full on magical. Everyone around was embracing the experience and everything felt right. It was one of those times where the Disneyland experience somehow managed to exceed my expectations and conquer my jaded heart. That's pretty much why I go to Disneyland, in fact!

• Minion

While I really enjoy the nighttime, I would have to say that a rainy, early morning is my favorite time. The Park is empty, everything reflects off the water on the ground, you can sit inside and eat soup, then go and make the rounds of indoor attractions. It's just awesome! Disneyland is better no other way!

• Keepin' it calsteady

I just remembered another magical holiday experience. Totally by chance my sister and I got onto It's a Small World just as the sun went down, and when emerged at the other end it was dark and all the holiday lights were lit up. It was like starting all over in a brand new park! (You can read about it on my blog, too.)

for me? it's in the middle of the day when it's gloomy and cloudy and dark and rain is pouring all over. people tend to want to retreat to their hotel rooms. but me? i dance foolishly riding on a cloud of ecstasy and excitement in the middle of the rain. i'm a fool i tell you! a fool!

Quote Originally Posted by babyjanehudson View Post
    for me? it's in the middle of the day when it's gloomy and cloudy and dark and rain is pouring all over. people tend to want to retreat to their hotel rooms. but me? i dance foolishly riding on a cloud of ecstasy and excitement in the middle of the rain. i'm a fool i tell you! a fool!
    One of the best times I ever had at DLR was on a rainy day! Rode BTMR right as it started to pour and it was awesome!!!

My favorite place is to get some lunch from Harbour Galley or Hungry Bear and just sit by the Rivers of America and enjoy the peace and a nice meal

• Just good enough

Nighttime when the holiday fireworks are finished and it begins to "snow" on Main Street. A really great moment to share with a loved one.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Disney Fan & Musician

A non-crowded Christmas time night, or very early breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Minion

I'm going to have to agree with the rest of the thread and say night time.

The stars above have always made me smile and seeing all the twinkling lights, especially at Christmas, around the park makes it magical for me.

• Minion

Yeah, Regions Beyond said it best: a moment in time. For us, it's when we cleared the security checkpoint and begin our walk to the entrance of Disneyland, not yet in the park, a DLRR train pulling in, our tickets in hand. (Off topic: I do wish the esplanade could have more greenery and shade and other pleasant surroundings. This area could be a real beauty).

Early Morning on off season. Luv to walk behind the Thunder moutain ride and no one is there. I always think if I can only rollerblade here

When it snows after the fireworks during Christmas time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast