Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

When is DL the most magicalist?

That's right folks, magicalist. If it ain't a word, it is now.
    Anywho, the real question is, night time or day time the best for you?

For me it's night time when the crowd has thinned and you can find places that have no people in them. Sounds weird but then I can pretend I'm the only one there.

Anyone else want to comment without bringing up the holocaust? I keed.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• -

Re: When is DL the most magicalist?

Nighttime in the 80's and early 90's when you could ride the Rocket Jets way up high and see all the lights in the park as you spun around.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Pumpkin King

Night time. For me its Fantasmic.

Night time during summer. Sitting by the wishing well near the castle!

I agree about night time. Smaller crowds are nice, as are cooler temperatures. Also, the people left over tend to be the ones that really enjoy the park while grumps tend to leave earlier.

Night time is always a good time to reflect on things, too, like how much fun was had!

• Hooterville, USA

My sort of secret spot at night is to sit on the bench on the path from Frontierland to Fantasyland. The path that's closest to the Frontierland candy shop.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Nightime is indeed Magicalist. Love the word. The time right before leaving the park, as I take my last look around at all the lights, and listen to all the sounds of the park. Even though my feet are very tired, I'm sure to have a big smile on my face.

My trip in 2008, was a bit different than the rest, because on my first day in the park, I entered just when the lights had come on in the park. Disneyland was all decked out for Christmas, and I entered the park just as they were lighting up the tree in Town Square. It went from normal lighting to a beautiful blue. I was on the train station waiting to take my first ride around the park, and the sight I saw was indeed Magicalist.

Early morning is another very special time. The park, and the esplanade actually has a blue/grayish sparkly color on all of my early morning pictures. 2nd runner up for magicalist.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Nightime is indeed Magicalist.

My trip in 2008, was a bit different than the rest, because on my first day in the park, I entered just when the lights had come on in the park. Disneyland was all decked out for Christmas, and I entered the park just as they were lighting up the tree in Town Square. It went from normal lighting to a beautiful blue. I was on the train station waiting to take my first ride around the park, and the sight I saw was indeed Magicalist.
    Now that would have been beauty at it's finest!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

For me, it is less about day or night, and about one very specific spot with specific conditions: standing in the portrait hall of the Haunted Mansion, alone, once everyone is out of the elevator and around the corner.

Lightning flashing, the low music, the staring busts glaring at you, the portraits, the wind sounds...it's entirely believable and nearly perfect for a fantasy setting. I love it. Could stay there all day if possible.

As for a outdoor, night time setting...catching a bit with no people exiting Indiana Jones and standing along the path by the Jungle Cruise river, hearing the jungle sounds, watching boats go by and hearing the faint music and the generator from the temple base camp...also very convincing and spectacular ambiance.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    For me, it is less about day or night, and about one very specific spot with specific conditions: standing in the portrait hall of the Haunted Mansion, alone, once everyone is out of the elevator and around the corner.

Lightning flashing, the low music, the staring busts glaring at you, the portraits, the wind sounds...it's entirely believable and nearly perfect for a fantasy setting. I love it. Could stay there all day if possible.
    I agree 100%. I always try to "hang back" and let everyone else surge forward. The atmosphere is like you say, nearly perfect. I always feel like I'm being "delinquent", though. Like someone is watching me on a monitor and thinking, "what's that guy doing?". But I've never heard anyone rebuke me for "loitering". If there were a chair in that area, I'd happily sit and watch people go by and just soak up the wonderful atmosphere. I've often thought that it would be cool if Disney built an actual hotel, with a "haunted" theme -- and use that same "storm" effect on some windows in the rooms.

went on 3rd of july this year. All the main street vehicles were up and working. The horses, double decker and the little red cars, and there were tons of characters around the hub. It wasnt packed and the morning was beautiful and clear. the BF and I took a ride down main street on one of the cars with the bell and it was just soo amazing! Totally felt like i was transported to another time. It was just magical! PLUS the day never even got terribly busy! and the vehicles were working well into the afternoon! That day i just got the whole main street american vibe. it was great!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    I agree 100%. I always try to "hang back" and let everyone else surge forward. The atmosphere is like you say, nearly perfect. I always feel like I'm being "delinquent", though. Like someone is watching me on a monitor and thinking, "what's that guy doing?". But I've never heard anyone rebuke me for "loitering". If there were a chair in that area, I'd happily sit and watch people go by and just soak up the wonderful atmosphere. I've often thought that it would be cool if Disney built an actual hotel, with a "haunted" theme -- and use that same "storm" effect on some windows in the rooms.
    A hotel would be fantastic. And yes, there is a camera showing the area that the CM can see from the podium by the staircase, but never had a problem either...they are watching solely for purposes of if guests are still coming from the elevators, or if people are causing trouble. Standing behind and looking around only or taking photos has never been called out in my case, since clear is not up to anything suspect more than likely....

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    A hotel would be fantastic. And yes, there is a camera showing the area that the CM can see from the podium by the staircase, but never had a problem either...they are watching solely for purposes of if guests are still coming from the elevators, or if people are causing trouble. Standing behind and looking around only or taking photos has never been called out in my case, since clear is not up to anything suspect more than likely....
    I've heard of companies renting out the Haunted Mansion for their employees. That would be the ultimate experience!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Nighttime- early December when practically no one is there and the Christmas decorations are up.

Perfect.
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

42 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

After 9pm. I have 4 kids and we go to Fantasyland. Most of the rides have little to no lines and my older kids(14 & 11) love the rides but are starting to be a bit embarrassed to be seen on Alice in Wonderland during the day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast