Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 72
  1. #16

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    Please, Starbucks wrote the book on over roasting coffee. ANYONE but Starbucks.
    I have to agree, we serve the house blend at my work and it is horrible!! Their espresso beans are a little bit better but all of that Torani covers the nastiness!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  2. #17

    • șoș Tom șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Carlsbad
    Posts
    3,600
    Starbucks isn't popular cause its great- its popular because its the same not great coffee at every coffee shop and they brew it well and give you options. There are far superior coffees but there are not consistant from shop to shop. People see Starbucks in Chicago, LA, London, NY and LA and its a beacon that they know exactly what they are getting...At DL its anyone's guess.







  3. #18

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989
    That's very true ... that's when I go to DL I go to La Brea Bakery ... best coffee on property IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  4. #19

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Starbucks isn't popular cause its great- its popular because its the same not great coffee at every coffee shop and they brew it well and give you options. There are far superior coffees but there are not consistant from shop to shop. People see Starbucks in Chicago, LA, London, NY and LA and its a beacon that they know exactly what they are getting...At DL its anyone's guess.
    They even have starbucks in Paris... and they are picky... as they say...

    "Italians invented capachino, and the French perfected it..."
    Check out my other blog:

  5. #20

    • șoș Tom șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Carlsbad
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    They even have starbucks in Paris... and they are picky... as they say...

    "Italians invented capachino, and the French perfected it..."
    What what what- you are telling me the French contributed something posistive besides fries and really long pointy bread? Ridiculous!







  6. #21

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1
    What is the coffee missing... :confused:

    Irish Whisky, of course!!!!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  7. #22

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    What what what- you are telling me the French contributed something posistive besides fries and really long pointy bread? Ridiculous!
    Check out my other blog:

  8. #23

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    What is the coffee missing... :confused:

    Irish Whisky, of course!!!!

    Yes, the coffee in DL is missing something... Burbon...
    Check out my other blog:

  9. #24

    • Disney Dad & Disney Nuts
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    CA, East Bay - San Francisco area
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Yes, the coffee in DL is missing something... Burbon...
    Not at Club 33!!

  10. #25

    • șoș Tom șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Carlsbad
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by WDI
    Not at Club 33!!
    They make some wicked good coffee there, straight or otherwise.MMM







  11. #26

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by WDI
    Not at Club 33!!
    Yes, but who would want to spoil the 50 year old burbon?
    Check out my other blog:

  12. #27

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    What is the coffee missing... :confused:

    Irish Whisky, of course!!!!

    Bailey's Irish Cream

  13. #28

    • Still wants to be a cat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2.4 Miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    7,149
    Lady Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  14. #29

    • Leave 'em wanting more!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Why can't food services make a decent cup of coffee there? Now I hear grumbling from cast members how they wish Disney would partner up Starbucks and put a few in, and we all know it won't happen, cause Coke Cola owns Nestle, who makes all the coffee products for the park, but just once I would like to get a cup of coffee while I am there without 1/8 of the cup filled with grinds!

    PS- for you frappachino fans out there, goto DCA, that lil coffee shop on the rightside as you enter in the subway cars, they make something called a Malibu Frap- its awesome
    Well the Cast Members enjoy pretty good coffee at Theme Perks. They offer Diedrich Espresso and the coffee is Gloria Jean I believe. All in all not bad, now the stuff in the break rooms, cafeterias and what we offer our guests is pure crap!

    - fearsnda
    Last edited by fearsnda; 03-11-2005 at 01:14 PM.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

  15. #30

    • șoș Tom șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Carlsbad
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    Well the Cast Members enjoy pretty good coffee at Theme Perks. They offer Diedrich Espresso and the coffee is Gloria Jean I believe. All in all not bad, now the stuff in the break rooms cafeterias and what we offer our guests is pure crap!

    - fearsnda
    Oh thats right, just as I was quitting, they overhauled the eatery on the east side and offered some bad *** new coffee! Oh man! Screw coke a cola and nescafe, give us the good stuff give us some gloria jean, besides guests already pay 2 bucks a cup in the real world, who is to say they won't pay 3 in the park...MMM coffee







Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] Disturbing lack of...
    By Donald_Duck in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 02:55 PM
  2. Free coffee drinks at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf on 11/11
    By Wendygirl in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 11:01 PM
  3. Lack of Communication
    By mycroft16 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 07:20 AM
  4. A Lack For Sub Photos!
    By Walt Jr. in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 05:02 PM
  5. Lack of Fireworks!!!
    By tededtc in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 06:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •