Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• I like Cheese...

Please no Starbucks. Starbucks is consistant, yes. Consistantly bad, made out of medium quality beans that are burnt. The biggest problem with DL coffee is that it is weak. This is probably because most Americans like weaker coffee. They also use cheap beans. All they need to do is get a better grade of bean, and double the amount they use per brew.

Jazz Kitchen Express has the best coffee at DLR, IMHO. Their French Roast with Chicory is awesome with a bag of beignets.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Oh thats right, just as I was quitting, they overhauled the eatery on the east side and offered some bad *** new coffee!
    Aint that always the way? I hear from the food CMs the changes came from the demand at the TDA Theme Perks for something palatable on the Theme Perks menu
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Sock Puppet

Does it really matter?

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    Does it really matter?
    Does what really matter, the taste of the coffee in the parks? That would depend on if you're a coffee drinker or not. I, for one, must have my coffee and I would love to see better choices than Nestle. Sorry you Starbucks-haters out there , I'd love to have a Starbucks on property or at least close to the resort.

• Disney Dad & Disney Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    Please no Starbucks. Starbucks is consistant, yes. Consistantly bad, made out of medium quality beans that are burnt. The biggest problem with DL coffee is that it is weak. This is probably because most Americans like weaker coffee. They also use cheap beans. All they need to do is get a better grade of bean, and double the amount they use per brew.

Jazz Kitchen Express has the best coffee at DLR, IMHO. Their French Roast with Chicory is awesome with a bag of beignets.
    whatever,

I can't agree with you more - Starbucks = Megayucks in my book. the cook the coffee beans too fast and everything has a burnt taste to it. You can not even get a decent regular cup of joe from SB any longer.

Give me Peet's or give me Death!

MMM Coffee - They have machines that can do that! Duh!

WDI

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDI
    whatever,

I can't agree with you more - Starbucks = Megayucks in my book. the cook the coffee beans too fast and everything has a burnt taste to it. You can not even get a decent regular cup of joe from SB any longer.

WDI

The problem is that Starbucks like most other coffee brokers vary from blend to blend... A couple of years ago they didn't have the capacity to roast their own, so they had to contract it out... Now they roast their own for quality control...

Oh, and I would love to see starbucks in DCA... For certain... My stock broker would like that too...
    Check out my other blog:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    Does it really matter?
    Of course it matters! The only thing worse than looking into the Eye of Mara, is looking into the Eye of Mara after a bad cup of coffee!

• șoș Tom șoș

The problem with placing a Starbucks or high calaber coffee shop in the park is we all know that no matter who supplies it, if they served high priced high end coffee- the lines would be ridiculous!

Imagine the horror of all these parents, who suddenly veer of course, dragging crying babies, suger hyped children on leases and nasty bitter teenagers into a line at any coffee shop that provides a better coffee experiance.

My idea is that no matter what they serve (and coffee taste is very subjective) they would need to put it somewhere that they could in fact control the demand versus the supply---Someplace like Fort Wilderness- can't you see Fort Starbucks on Tom Sawyer's Island? ha ha or something over in Critter Country, maybe a futuristic coffee shop on the old People Mover's launch platform, ha ha. Just thinking outload here.

• Hooterville, USA

The coffee in DL is so bad that they will give you free refills. I'm not a professional coffee taster, but I know bad coffee when I taste it!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

For those of you who wish Starbucks would provide the coffee be warned!

Only Starbuck stores feature their own trained baristas. All other locations (airports, campuses, etc.) are not Starbucks employees, they are employees of the airport, campus, etc. and do not have the same training. Quality varies GREATLY at these "other locations."

If Starbucks were to provide the coffee, regular DL cast members would be serving it. May not exactly be the best solution...
    I think someone has left the shower running ...
    --Tiki Bird Jose

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    If Starbucks wasallowed to be served in Disneylnad, I think that the DL preservationists would start to freak out when shops and attractions started being replaced with Starbucks. Would the Hub have competing Starbucks carts on each of its wheels?

(Don't mind me today, in a bit of a mood.)
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    If Starbucks wasallowed to be served in Disneylnad, I think that the DL preservationists would start to freak out when shops and attractions started being replaced with Starbucks. Would the Hub have competing Starbucks carts on each of its wheels?
    Ha! Funny!

• Senior Minion

Not to cross reference the "other" park on the East Coast, but the coffee at the Crystal Palace used to be sponsored by "Columbian Coffee" and was, at that time, outstanding. Does anyone know if that's still the case?

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Glad Game Guy
    For those of you who wish Starbucks would provide the coffee be warned!

Only Starbuck stores feature their own trained baristas. All other locations (airports, campuses, etc.) are not Starbucks employees, they are employees of the airport, campus, etc. and do not have the same training. Quality varies GREATLY at these "other locations."

If Starbucks were to provide the coffee, regular DL cast members would be serving it. May not exactly be the best solution...
    True but liscensed baristas from the companies, excepts are hired as consultants for all non-Starbucks owned vendors to provide the most similar level of legendary service possible. Trust me I worked for the evil empire for 3 years. I know my shisnet about coffee and especially starbuckos.

• Reaver of Souls

Bleh. To me, there's no such thing as a good cup of coffee... I can't stand the stuff. Ironically, the only coffee I have EVER enjoyed was some iced coffee a girl made me try at DL a long time ago (they didn't sell iced coffee, she made it). Was it actually good, or was it simply because I was young and smitten? I'll never know, and don't really care. I'll always remember that as the only coffee I've ever enjoyed...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast