Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Boozer, User, and Loser

Lol, you caffeine freaks are very passionate about coffee. As other have stated, Starbucks in the park wouldn't necessarily mean a better cup. I work for them, and a Disney store would be like an airport location. While they may be trained and follow the same standards, for some reason they don't taste the same as company owned stores. I think the lacking quality to Disneyland's coffee is the proportion of coffee being used. Add a couple more scoops of grounds and that bad coffee might actually have a weak flavor. Either way you have it, people will buy it no matter how much they hate it. Our only hope is a Starbuck's to open in Downtown Disney (which is shocking they're not there yet.)

• ºoº Tom ºoº

Grrrrrr---more coffee ain't a good answer. Moooo coffee on top of bad coffee is just stronger bad coffee *hangs his head* all I wanted was someone to acknowledge the park coffee sucked and that everytime I get a cup it has grounds in it. *sniffles a little* I just want to enjoy my two most favorite things together in harmony, why is so fracking hard?

• Resident Science Nerd

And this is why I drink tea in the park, despite being an otherwise avid coffee drinker...

• /sigh

Have you noticed they hardly fill the cup full when you order a mocha or latte??? SOOO annoying.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Back home :-(

I also hate the coffee at the parks. However, (I know this may be seen as sad by some) I bring my electric kettle and french coffee press with me and make it myself in the hotel room. That way I know I'm getting coffee I like!

• LoisAlene

Please no Starbucks! They are the McD's of the coffee world - high volume and restricted choices. We've had darn few good latte's outside of the Puget Sound region - I guess we're spoiled.
    At least now I know what Not to order for a beverage at the park!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    cause Coke Cola owns Nestle
    Nope. Nestlé is it's own company.
    -Monorail Man

• Senior Minion

Starbucks is a little overated, (But I settle for it) You should try Peet's Coffee. Peets-Major Dickason's good strong coffee.
    Or "Illy" from Italy, Best espresso out there.

That way Starbucks isn't branded on every corner of Disneyland.
    The coffee in the Blue Bayou is from DCA Bakery, (Brea) It is not bad.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 03-12-2005 at 12:25 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

I take my mom all the time and she HATES the taste of Disneyland coffee, but loves DCA's.

• Magical Memories fanzine

Bwahaha! did you know the owner of Peets used to be part owner of Starbucks? He broke away from starbucks because he wanted to focus more on the art and flavor of the product. I drink a little coffee, but Peets TEA rocks!!!!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertail777
    Bwahaha! did you know the owner of Peets used to be part owner of Starbucks? He broke away from starbucks because he wanted to focus more on the art and flavor of the product. I drink a little coffee, but Peets TEA rocks!!!!
    Well I think Peet's is doing a better job, Because on more then one occasion I have become sick from a bad Starbuck's batch.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I've done a lot of work on Catalina Island and for some years Starbucks was the only coffee served on the Catalina Express boats dispite the fact that most passengers hated it. Thank God in heaven they finally changed brands, though I'm not sure as to what. A cup of Starbucks is about as subtle and soothing as being hit over the head with the tree branch the beans grew on. Try bouncing around on a high-speed boat while a cup of overly bitter, pungently strong coffee acid eats away at your stomach.

Fortunately we've got a wealth of coffee shops here in Redlands, and only two of them are starbucks. All the rest offer better character, unique atmosphere, and original (and tastier) selections.

I've been thinking that the coffee in Disneyland used to taste better than it has recently. I have a couple of cups every time I'm at the park, but I've never had grounds in my cup... ick. And it is true that I've enjoyed the coffee at DCA more than Disneyland's recently, though I thought it was just me. I'm going on Sunday; I'll have to do a taste test.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    The problem with placing a Starbucks or high calaber coffee shop in the park is we all know that no matter who supplies it, if they served high priced high end coffee- the lines would be ridiculous!
    The problem with putting a Starbucks in Disneyland is that there are already enough long lines in Disneyland! It takes forever to get a coffee drink from a Starbucks (or the like) and I pity the poor kid whose got to wait on Mommy's half-caf, double-foam, extra-hot latte.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alan-A-Dale
    The problem with putting a Starbucks in Disneyland is that there are already enough long lines in Disneyland! It takes forever to get a coffee drink from a Starbucks (or the like) and I pity the poor kid whose got to wait on Mommy's half-caf, double-foam, extra-hot latte.
    Don't forget the 130 degree temp!!

• Metal Head

starbucks would be like $10 a cup at disneyland. I like the bakery's coffee ok. Its not perfect but at least its brewed.
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast