Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Why does the coffee lack at the parks?

Why can't food services make a decent cup of coffee there? Now I hear grumbling from cast members how they wish Disney would partner up Starbucks and put a few in, and we all know it won't happen, cause Coke Cola owns Nestle, who makes all the coffee products for the park, but just once I would like to get a cup of coffee while I am there without 1/8 of the cup filled with grinds!

PS- for you frappachino fans out there, goto DCA, that lil coffee shop on the rightside as you enter in the subway cars, they make something called a Malibu Frap- its awesome

•   
    • Minion

I have a coffee related question...

Late in the day by the by gate the entire sunshine plaza reaks of burnt coffee...

Now, I don't know if they are simulating the roasted coffee smell that used to be at the Hills Brothers plant right next to the bay bridge that looks an awful like the golden gate... Or what...

What's up with that? I can't understand why you would have coffee sitting on the burner for that long? Don't you know how to brew coffee?

Ok, I will stop compaining... but I only bring it up now because Ah Schucks pointed out the coffee issue...
    Check out my other blog:

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound

Late in the day by the by gate the entire sunshine plaza reaks of burnt coffee...

Now, I don't know if they are simulating the roasted coffee smell that used to be at the Hills Brothers plant right next to the bay bridge that looks an awful like the golden gate... Or what...

What's up with that? I can't understand why you would have coffee sitting on the burner for that long? Don't you know how to brew coffee?

Ok, I will stop compaining... but I only bring it up now because Ah Schucks pointed out the coffee issue...
    they're not simulating anything. DCA orders the "green" raw coffee beans and roasts them live at the Bakersfield Bakery. This process produces that interesting smell that we all get to "enjoy" nightly.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound

I have actually grown to like that smell. Now, when I smell anything like it outside the parks it makes me think of DLR.

• șoș Tom șoș

Ok Disney step away from the coffee- you obviously need to hire professionals (ex-roasting plant Starbucks employees) to roast (not burn) your green beans! I beg you please make better coffee! Happy caffinated adults can keep up with the kiddies!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    they're not simulating anything. DCA orders the "green" raw coffee beans and roasts them live at the Bakersfield Bakery. This process produces that interesting smell that we all get to "enjoy" nightly.
    That explains a lot actually...

Hmmm... Anyway I miss the smell of Hills Brothers plant on the Bay Bridge... It was always there even when the city was fogged over... One whiff and you knew you where in San Francisco...
    Check out my other blog:

• Disney Dad & Disney Nuts

Coffee at Disneyland? MOO!

I have to agree the Coffee offerings are not great, but they make a mean cup of joe over at Granville's during the Breakfast.

Also, the Markey House makes a good Mocha or Cappuchino.

So it's not that bad as long as they don't burn the coffee during the brew proces.

So Maybe Disney needs a "Barista" training program. After all they do use the Ferrari of Coffee machines and not everyone can drive a Ferrari.

Besides, it's Italin man - Treat it with a little love please!

WDI

• Banned User

hmm.. I wish disney had a starbucks deal.. or made their own coffee.. yet was like starbucks.... Frapechino & double shot keeps me awake in the morning... after a late night of homework...

• The Magics in the details

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Why can't food services make a decent cup of coffee there? Now I hear grumbling from cast members how they wish Disney would partner up Starbucks and put a few in, and we all know it won't happen, cause Coke Cola owns Nestle, who makes all the coffee products for the park, but just once I would like to get a cup of coffee while I am there without 1/8 of the cup filled with grinds!

PS- for you frappachino fans out there, goto DCA, that lil coffee shop on the rightside as you enter in the subway cars, they make something called a Malibu Frap- its awesome
    It might be pertinant to point out that disneyland has a huge contract with Nestle, which means that they ONLY serve NESCAFE coffee resort wide, with the possible exception of Club33 and the Viniard Room, and some hotel restraunts like Napa Rose.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCM
    It might be pertinant to point out that disneyland has a huge contract with Nestle, which means that they ONLY serve NESCAFE coffee resort wide, with the possible exception of Club33 and the Viniard Room, and some hotel restraunts like Napa Rose.
    So those beans they are roasting are they Nestle beans?
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    Oh and thank you for not saying they where roasting "green beans" --- If you did, I would probably fall of my chair...
    Check out my other blog:

• Santa Barbara, CA

three words..la brea bakery. give up on in park coffee
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Lord of the Ribs

Ok Disney step away from the coffee- you obviously need to hire professionals (ex-roasting plant Starbucks employees) to roast (not burn) your green beans! I beg you please make better coffee! Happy caffinated adults can keep up with the kiddies!
    I work not far from a company that roasts coffee. I also roast them at home for a hobby. I can assure you that the smell at DCA has nothing to do with burnt beans. That's the normal smell of roasting, which is nothing like brewing.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

• No bacon; sausage.

Ok Disney step away from the coffee- you obviously need to hire professionals (ex-roasting plant Starbucks employees) to roast (not burn) your green beans!
    Please, Starbucks wrote the book on over roasting coffee. ANYONE but Starbucks.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCM
    Did you even read my post- I did in fact point out the Nestle connection- Nestle owns Nescafe ok so I didn't use the word Nescafe, whoops.

Glad to hear all these coffee coniseurs put there 2 cents in. Starbucks does in fact over-roast a lot of there coffees thats why you have to be selective, however most mom and pop shops under roast the coffees they serve and thus lack a full rich body and seem weak despite identical measurements and brewing techniques.

Ok so it doesn't have to be Starbucks quality or Coffee Bean or Pete's Coffee or anything but if they cannot manage to make a cup of coffee without grinds filling the bottom of my cup then why bother.

The La Brea Bakery is an excellent choice, much stronger, darker, flavorful coffee. Nescafe uses the lowest quality blend of beans, the left overs after Starbucks has picked the bones dry in most major countries.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast