Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Soarin' Over California should be longer....

....like 20 minutes long at least....and in 3D.....and in CircleVision 360. I'm sorry, but 5 minutes of feeling like a bird just isn't enough for me.

I've been listening to the music of it and it's just so restful and relaxing. Riding Soarin' is like being carried aloft in the arms of a giant angel or something. It's thrilling but at the same time I feel so safe and secure.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Soarin' Over California should be longer....

A 3D version would be amazing, given the large format screen. But the circlevision would be impossible to build.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    But the circlevision would be impossible to build.
    Quick question: who said "It's kind of fun to do the impossible"?

• DLR Enthusiast

I would like to see some changes made to Soarin. Lengthen the ride to at least 12-15 minutes. Maybe just change the ride's name to "Soarin" and change up the destinations every once in a while. The ride system seems flexible enough to do so.

Also, it would be nice if Disney found a way to hide the screen while boarding. And if they could get the screen to wrap around a bit more. Always sort of sucks when you aren't dead center, as you can easily see edges around the screen.

Nonetheless, I love that ride still
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• Keepin' it calsteady

Not to get all practical or anything, but the line for Soarin' already gets really long. If the ride were 3 or 4 times longer, the line would be, too.

As for 3D and variable trips, I expect we'll see that happen down the road. You can see regular movies in IMAX 3D so I don't know what Soarin' couldn't do it.

• -

I would like to see more destinations, like maybe Avalon or the Sequoias. Also, the LA part could be a little longer and show more than just the freeway traffic.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I also like Stitch!

I think that they could have a curtain type thing that opens but it's not a curtain. Maybe we could use the three way scrim thing that was used in the old broadway musical WONDERLAND. There's a video of the entire show on YouTube.

• Banned User

1. You want it longer, better make more screens cause it's the slowest moving line in the park as is.

2. different locations could break the California theme of the park.

3. From what I've seen 3D that simply forces perspective does little to enhance a film.

20 minutes would make the lines wayyyyyyyyyy toooooooooo long :/
    plus it kind of already looks 3D but maybe it would look even better in 3D!

Would you really want to wait in a 4 hour line? Because, currently, waits are well over an hour, and that is with a 5 minute ride, a twenty minute line would have horrible effects on the ride. Plus, how much could they do in twenty minutes? They've covered pretty much everything as is now, any more would just cause the ride to loose its effectiveness.

Not sure about the length or the Circlevision idea, but I never thought about 3D. I think 3D would make the film even more amazing. The Golf ball part would just be out of this world. Just them upgrading the projection to digital would be amazing. The grain of the film is pretty bad as it is.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• I'm from Canada eh!

Soarin' is a great ride. I would love to see it longer as well. I wish they would update it though. The LA highway makes me sick to my stomach and the Holiday overlay on the park looks dated, especially if you ride in the summer...

My favorite part is the beach at dusk.

Some new scenes of California, a polished screen and randomized destinations would be nice. But making it longer would make the lines double (well almost).

I wish they could also do something with the railings in front of the screen. Perhaps collapsing them once the 'flight' starts? They're distracting from the bottom row. It's unfortunate that the top row offers the best view, maybe that can be fixed as well.

• Banned User

*shrug* I know, it'd make the lines longer. I'm not looking to do that, obviously. Clearly, though, there's a few ways around that -

1. Either create more auditoriums or make bigger auditoriums that can hold more viewers at the same time. Or both.
    2. Like CircleVision used to have, add an edu-taining pre-show, in a lounge area where you can SIT DOWN while waiting for the next show to begin. You know, kind of like an airport terminal.

I think they could lengthen Soarin' Over California to show more California locations (and keep it thematically true) and stretch out the current locations shown. Then do an alternate version, maybe "Soarin' Over America," and put it in Tomorrowland. Sure, technologically redundant, but with different program tracks, you could really have fun with it (maybe do a TRON version - "Soarin' Over the Game Grid," or a futuristic "Soarin' Over America 2100" - thematically combine Soarin', America the Beautiful, & Carousel of Progress....I dunno, I'm just spitballing here).

I don't think a pre-show area like CircleVision would work because people will be pushing and shoving because they know the seating is extremely limited. It would work if it was standing room only.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast