1 1.82%
  • Add a new Christmas parade

1 1.82%
  • Other

4 7.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland Lover

Lightbulb What do you think Disney do next

Hey guys, I was wondering what you think Disney will do next at the DLR after DCA Phase 1 in 2013.

• -

Re: What do you think Disney do next

Before they do anything else, they should focus on bringing all the existing attractions up to their fullest potential, or exceeding that if possible.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

In reality?

Probably nothing.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Goofy

phase 2.

• Just good enough

I think the easiest thing will be an Indiana Jones refurb, but I'm sure more information about their next big projects will be revealed at the D23 Expo.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Before they do anything else, they should focus on bringing all the existing attractions up to their fullest potential, or exceeding that if possible.
    I agree with this.

• Keepin' it calsteady

For purely practical reasons I voted for a new Christmas parade. The other options are all major investments. Plus, if they really are going to make a separate-ticket Christmas event (like the Halloween trick or treating), as has been rumored, they'll need something new to help sell the idea to guests.

• Sock Puppet

Tomorrowland is already underway. It started with Star Tours. Next I believe they are going to do something with Innoventions.

• ~Ariel Extraordinaire~

I would so wish for the Electrical Light parade to return to Main St, and I know a lot of older Disneyland fans would agree!

Also I'd like to see the Princess Fantasy Faire end, and allow the princesses to roam free again. And Ariel needs to have a new meet-and-greet in DCA!

As far as realistically thinking, I'm sure Disney will want to update some of the older attractions.

•   
    • Artistic integrity

My vote is for Tomorrowland - Do too few people realize how long a proper renovation has been a problem? Try .. since the early 80s ... when a New TL was under serious consideration and revue ... with artwork being drawn up then. To just all be shelved .. due to the near take-over in '84. Then .. several years later ... TL:2055 is drawn up. Ready for construction Jan 1992 .... SHELVED! Then the "K-Mart Special" botch plan - TL:98. Rocket Rods fiasco ..closing 2 years later. The land limps along for the next FULL decade .. with one-attraction-at-a-time ... still waiting for that FULL AND COMPLETE remodel .. first on the drawing boards since 1982!

So ... I think Tomorrowland is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG OVER DUE!

Tomorrowland is probably the most realistic.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney made Tron a huge focal point of Tomorrowland.
    There's great potential ideas for Tron attractions and entertainment.
    They could always move ElecTRONica over there. Have a place for the parents to party whilst the kiddos are in Fantasyland or Nemo.
    It's too bad that the movie flopped. It was visually spectacular, but you can tell Disney has been dragging that dead horse around. Still, they could succeed in that franchise if they don't depend so highly on the movies alone to get DLR guests interested in exploring more Tron theme in Tomorrowland.

I say completely overhaul Innoventions into Tron. Have the game arena there etc.
    Change Pizza Port to End of Line Club. Live DJ performances. Have a "surprise" invasion by Clu and his minions. Electrify the boys and girls.

Would be cool to take the old People Mover/Rocket Rods track and turn it into a LightCycle race... but that'd never happen.

Ditch AstroBlasters (I love it too, but we have Toy Story Mania) and make it Flynn's Arcade.

Yeah, I know it's a lot of Tron, but Tomorrowland is pretty bland right now, even with Captain EO and Star Tours.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Somehow I don't think Disney will do anything with Tomorrowland again until it gets way to the point that it's absolutely necessary. Maybe some touch ups here and there but a lot of focus is going to be placed on DCA for quite some time until that park becomes stable and coherent in its theme.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• I'm not really here

I fully expect to hear news of Tomorrowland projects next week.
    I also expect to hear of something relating to Frontierland, if not at the D23 Expo then in the pretty near future. Too many rumors have been swirling about both of these areas to ignore either one of them. Both areas need massive work. Tomorrowland because it's just lost and Frontierland because there's just nothing there really. Which is odd as it is one of the most thematic areas of the park.

Indy definitely needs major work, and there have been rumors and rumblings of something coming up. I'm guessing we'll see Indy go down for a substantial refurb after Christmas and New Year's are over. Maybe a couple day toucher-upper between Labor Day and the start of Halloween Time to tide it over.

Personally, I would love for them to announce that Princess Fantasy Faire is being shuttered and the Princesses are going back out to the land permanently. As a replacement a really great stage show like Animazement or even Snow White was would be awesome. Failing that, there is land enough there for a good solid D ticket attraction for Fantasyland. Something more thrilling for the teenagers and older "kids" could be nice in that area.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

They will probably put off DCA Phase 2 for a few years so they can give their neighbor some love. Tomorrowland and Frontierland both could use a new attraction.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Tomorrowland needs it the most IMO. They have 2-3 very out of date attractions: Inovations, People mover track and Capt EO. Star Tours 2 is a great start and it has really increased the traffic in that area, why not keep the ball rolling?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast