• Future Cast Member

Smile July 1, 2011: Summer Trip to see Little Mermaid, World of Color, Star Tours, & more!

On July 1st, my grandma took my brothers and I to Disneyland! We wanted to go to ride The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue.

We arrived in the evening and once we bought my Annual Pass, we went to The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure first. We got to go through the new gates, which were beautiful, and all the construction in the former Sunshine Plaza was exciting to see. On the way to The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, we saw Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and my little brother wanted a map, but we didn't have time to stop and go through the trail because it was later in the evening already and we wanted to get all the attractions we wanted in. My brother went up to the Cast Member and asked for a map but the Cast Member rudely said we all had to go inside to get a map. He could have at least been polite, but he was very rude. I wanted to get a map, go in the turnstile, then turn around and come right back out just because I was angry about the Cast Member's attitude, but we just left instead.

The queue for the attraction was about 45 minutes, and the line left and went down the pier to Corn Dog Castle. It moved quickly and rarely stopped.

The queue

I loved the look of the building. The textured sand-colored paint looked really nice.

The Ariel Audio-Animatronic is very impressive

This scene was great, all the Audio-Animatronics and details was even better than the scene in the movie, but the lighting and setup managed to make it immersive without being overwhelming

The hair wasn't as odd and distracting in real life. The Audio-Animatronic actually looked really good in person compared to in pictures and videos.

I wish Flounder was more prominent in the attraction. He was more like a detail, and he had no speaking parts

When we got into this scene, all of a sudden the shells slowed down and Ursula stopped talking. It seemed like when a wheelchair is being loaded and a recording comes onto the speaker explaining, but no recording ever came, and instead we just went slowly through the scene while Ursula moved but made no noise at all. Luckily we got through about a fourth of the scene before this happened, though, and then I was able to focus on the amazing, fluent movement of Ursula. The rest of the scenes had all the audio, I don't know what happened with this one.

The entrance to this scene, with the birds and vines was really beautiful

It's odd how Scuttle got a bigger part than Flounder, but I do like Scuttle.

I'll post the next part soon, where we saw World of Color with the 4th of July pre-show!

• formerly very helpful

Re: July 1, 2011: Summer Trip to see Little Mermaid, World of Color, Star Tours, & m

Nice report. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

• Future Cast Member

Re: July 1, 2011: Summer Trip to see Little Mermaid, World of Color, Star Tours, & m

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Nice report. Looking forward to seeing more pics.
    Thanks!

• Goofy

can't wait for me thanks.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

SO COOL......Thank You Jessica....for shareing........Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• sleepy lagoon

Looks like the beginning of a fun day!!

Looking forward to the rest...

• Future Cast Member

Thanks, everyone! I'll post the next set of pictures up soon. Next is the 4th of July World of Color pre-show and World of Color itself

• Not So New Member

Looking forward to seeing the World of Color pics
    disney lady

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Great pics!!!! You got some great ones inside of the ride!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Future Cast Member

Thank you! I'll post them soon, I'm just picking which pictures to put in right now

---------- Post added 08-12-2011 at 09:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Great pics!!!! You got some great ones inside of the ride!
    Thanks penguinsoda! I was suprised that any of them came out! I forgot my camera and took pictures with my phone, no flash, but I still got a few that weren't too blurry in the ride that surprised me.

• Not So New Member

disney lady