Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Haunted Mansion Overlay...YES or NO?

HI.

I was wondering if anyone knows about this. I was recently (last evening) on the phone confirming my Disneyland trip in August with the DL Hotel and I got to talking with the cast member and I told her how much I enjoyed my last trip to DL in December 2004 and that I very much enjoyed HMH and all the decorations and that I cannot wait to come back this year. She told me that there will be no HMH. She told me that for the 50th celebration..the Haunted Mansion will be the original version throughout. I then asked about the 5 week reburishment that is listed for the HM in September 2005. She told me that that reburishment has nothing to do with HMH and there maybe updates like the HM did with Leota. I was told that if I wanted to see HMH that I should go to WDW. Does anyone know anything about this? There is so much conflicting info on this. The cast member said as well that there will be no event for HMH (this is confirmable on DL events website).

• That's Hawt

Now I am really confused ... because everybody on this board is saying it's a no to the MERCHANDISING event ... but they will still do the overlay.... I am leaning toward believing the people on this board but still ... it is very confusing.

My guess would be that they are indeed doing the overlay and this CM could be misinformed.....
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Know More Than You Should

Well, perhaps she was confused by the fact that there will be no HMH merchendise event this year. I seems very unlikely to me that Disney would drop one of its most popular new attractions during such a large marketing campain. Maybe there wont be a HMH this year, but I doubt it.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    She told me that there will be no HMH. She told me that for the 50th celebration..the Haunted Mansion will be the original version throughout.
    Al? We still need ya... Al? Too many rumors are floading around about this, I think we need to have some ultimate clarification here...
    Check out my other blog:

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Haunted Mansion Holiday Ride in 2005 = YES!

Haunted Mansion Holiday MERCHANDISE event in 2005 = NO!

Well, if they really wanted to leave it as the original ride for the 50th why would the close it for 5 weeks for a refurbishment during the middle of the celebration when it just came back from a refurb.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I guess we may not know until we know. I would be very surprised if they skipped it- giving it to WDW on DL's 50th is just another slap in the face IMO

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    I guess we may not know until we know. I would be very surprised if they skipped it- giving it to WDW on DL's 50th is just another slap in the face IMO
    There would be no Merch Haunted Mansion event this year but the overlay will be there. Which makes sense because it's a huge attendance and revenue driver and the resort likes revenue! Obviously the Cast Member at Walt Disney Travel is misinformed. Besides what would she know? She's not even on site anymore, they moved WDTC off site.

Finally, this is not a rumor, it's fact. I didn't hear it from some random attractions CM and I wasn't told by a friend of a friend of a friend. We were all told this in a quarterly meeting not so long ago. Jeeze, cast members are absolutely the worst about proliferating false rumors and then telling guests the same bad info... lame!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Rock Star Minion

It would take a lot less effort NOT to do it for one year. It's basically a voluntary refurbishment.
    Will one year off be the end of the world?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    Finally, this is not a rumor, it's fact. I didn't hear it from some random attractions CM and I wasn't told by a friend of a friend of a friend. We were all told this in a quarterly meeting not so long ago. Jeeze, cast members are absolutely the worst about proliferating false rumors and then telling guests the same bad info... lame!
    Hmm, well if they make those quarterly meetings public, there wouldn't be a problem here would there?
    Check out my other blog:

• Original Mice-Chatter

There would be no Merch Haunted Mansion event this year but the overlay will be there. Which makes sense because it's a huge attendance and revenue driver and the resort likes revenue! Obviously the Cast Member at Walt Disney Travel is misinformed. Besides what would she know? She's not even on site anymore, they moved WDTC off site.

Which is what I figured and said both here and in another thread- it would be ridiculous to ditch the overlay. (Plus I am coming there in December, I want it there!) LOL

I also don't fret anything a CM says- because sometimes we don't know..until we know.

• Disney Dad & Disney Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Which is what I figured and said both here and in another thread- it would be ridiculous to ditch the overlay. (Plus I am coming there in December, I want it there!) LOL

I also don't fret anything a CM says- because sometimes we don't know..until we know.
    Maybe we ditch the HMH overlay for a Pink and Gold Overlay instead

I believe the overlay is still on but the Merchandise event may not happen - Even though this si the fifth year of this prticualr project. But at what other time during the year does HM generate 45 - 60 minute standby wait times? The summer is the only other time I can think of and that is a lot of ridership to escpae the heat and waste time before your next Splash Mountain fast pass is valid for re-entry.

WDI

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I would trust what fearsnda says.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Leave 'em wanting more!

I wanted to clarify, that this is not private or privileged information. Basically what I am saying is, it's not like a it's a big secret - this info was freely given to lots of employees and would be provided to any CM who took the time to ask. Besides, it's not like I have a whole lot of access to secret info anyway - well I do know a big secret about the Jungle Cruise refurb: I hear they're adding a loop
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

This thread is going back and forth on every DL news group / board. This is the biggest deal in a long time. Anyway, no big deal loosing the merchandise event. The Holiday HM ride is cool and it WILL be running in the fall of 2005. can't wait to enjoy it again. Great attraction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast