Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Long Distance Imagineer

Re: Little Things We Miss...

I, too, miss so many of the things mentioned here.

I also miss:

1. That Tomorrowland was not all about space flight, it actually had other scientific "breakthroughs" to inspire the child of all ages.

2. The tickets to get into the attractions. Although I appreciate being able to just get onto an attraction without having to pay more for it, I just enjoyed looking at the leftover tickets themselves and imagining more adventures.

3. Being able to leave there and dream about the adventures you'd have, rather than being able to put a movie into a machine and see it at home.

4. I miss the fact that families of different incomes could still afford to go there (if my parents were trying to bring their child today they'd never be able to afford it). You may not have been able to ride on too many E ticket attractions, but you could still afford the less expensive attractions.

5. I definitely miss all of the television "specials" coming from Disneyland.

I am, however, very grateful for the wonderful cast members who are so friendly and helpful. They are a large part of how Walt's dream is kept alive.

• Mousketeer

It has been touched on, but I really miss the different shops around the park that had different merchandise. The antiques shop, the watches in tomorrowland weren't the same ones on main street, the people in the watchshop could actually fix your watch.

I also agree with everyone that misses world class entertainment. I remember Basie, Les Brown, Jimmy Buffet and others in the parks.

I also miss the little secret quite places that are disapeering

• Incognito

Blog Entries

The full on fried chicken dinner at French Market. THREE pieces of chicken, mashed taters and gravy, veggies (usually corn), a roll and salad, all for $7.99 in the late 80's. That and hard washable plastic drink cups they used to use.

• Disneyland Freak

Patrick Begorra. I really wish they'd bring him back!!!!!! Haha, that works on both levels of the question "Little things we miss"
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Oogie hit most of these earlier, but I miss:
    1.The SIGN out on Harbor
    2. The SIGN on the hotel as of a few days ago,
    3. Carosel of Progress
    4. America Sings
    5. Journey Through Inner Space
    6. America The Beautiful (I really, really miss this!)
    7. THE TREES AROUND THE HUB!! I know they were blocking everyone's view, but they looked so cool at night with their lights....)
    8. Country Bears...
    9. Skyway
    10. People mover
    11. Castle walkthrough and the glass blower shop in the castle.

And pretty much all of the above mentioned.

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    3. Carosel of Progress
    4. America Sings
    5. Journey Through Inner Space
    6. America The Beautiful (I really, really miss this!)
    8. Country Bears...
    9. Skyway
    10. People mover
    Those are not LITTLE things.

I miss Bowl of Bones at the French Market with the complementary Zero bowl.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    Those are not LITTLE things.

I miss Bowl of Bones at the French Market with the complementary Zero bowl.
    *rereads thread title*

my bad.

BUT I STILL MISS THEM!!!!!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

This is not a little thing, but I definitely miss the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. I loved the movie when I was younger and it always really excited to go see the treehouse whenever I went to Disneyland. Replacing with Tarzan's Treehouse made no sense.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Post by Lore- "I miss many elements of Disneyland in the 1970's. Bear Country, the isolated pre-splash mountain, pre-fantasmic feel of the Haunted Mansion. The wide open pre-fantasmic walkways of frontierland. I miss the minetrain ride and it's water features and movement along the rivers of america. Skull Rock and the Pirate ship in Fantasyland (although the other improvements makes it a wash, I still miss a water feature and nice place to eat in Fantasyland). The stores! The one of a kind antique shop, the fantasyland magic shop, the futuristic items in the tomorrowland stores. I miss the castle walk through, the pirate and bear country arcades with original games. I really miss the main street arcade and that the cinema played the great train robbery. I miss that the main street vehicles ran all day and the park was open till 2am."

Lore - since I worked at the Park in the 1970's, I miss many of the same things too. I loved seeing the bands at Plaza Gardens on my nights off, especially Count Basie.
    Many other CMs of that time might also miss HoJo's...Howard Johnson's...across Harbor Boulevard...a favorite place to go for "breakfast" at 1-30 am...
    And most others of you won't remember this, but I miss the old KEZY 1190 studios at the DL Hotel...You could see the DJ on the air, behind the glass near the Monorail station. And for a kid growing up in Orange County it was a bit magical to hear the newsman wrap up the weather with....temperature right now high atop the Magic Kingdom...
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 12-11-2005 at 03:10 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Did someone already mention the Sunkist shop on Mainstreet? I thought there was a shop where you could buy Orange juice.

And...off topic, sorry... SAMBO'S across the street on Harbor! Someone just mentioned Howard Johnson's, but my family always went to SAMBO'S on the way home cuz it was cheaper than eating in the park.

Anyone else remember Sambo's? Litlle black kid on the menu?

Could a restaurant GET any more un-politically correct?

Great pancakes though...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Soon, I am going to miss having fewer than 5,000 posts. I feel like a five time, five time. five time, five time, five time loser.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123